For the people who go for more then just the game

Two or less

Blue moon is a belgian witbier brewed by Coors, and thus it's not a very stellar example of the style at all. Witbiers use wheat malt in the mash which along with yeast in suspension accounts for it's cloudy appearance. There are much better examples of the style to try such as Hoegaarden, Allagash White and Great Lakes Holy Moses. If you do drink one of these beers I wouldn't call you a hipster, but if you drink one with a slice of lemon or orange then you are most certainly a douche. :nana:

But they're better with a little citrus! :)

Blue moon is a belgian witbier brewed by Coors, and thus it's not a very stellar example of the style at all. Witbiers use wheat malt in the mash which along with yeast in suspension accounts for it's cloudy appearance. There are much better examples of the style to try such as Hoegaarden, Allagash White and Great Lakes Holy Moses. If you do drink one of these beers I wouldn't call you a hipster, but if you drink one with a slice of lemon or orange then you are most certainly a douche. :nana:

OOPS :bag: I love the slice of orange :doh:

I really don't understand the hate for Blue Moon. What's so bad about it? What more do you want for the price?

Ever try one without the orange? If you cant drink a beer without putting fruit it, you should be drinking a Zima or Sangria.

Blue Moon is overrated hipster beer.

Not much more to expunge on that.

I'm not sure you understand what hipsters are. Pabst Blue Ribbon? Sure, that's a hipster beer. Because they're obsessed with it. I can't say I've ever seen a Blue Moon cult following.

Ever try one without the orange? If you cant drink a beer without putting fruit it, you should be drinking a Zima or Sangria.

I can drink a 12 pack in a night without so much as cringing. I'm not saying I'm a Blue Moon fan boy, but there's really nothing wrong with it as a macro brew. It's not a good example of the Belgian White style, but it's not swill by any stretch. Is hating Blue Moon just the cool thing to do now? It's not like it's Golden Anniversary or Keystone Ice.

I'm not sure you understand what hipsters are. Pabst Blue Ribbon? Sure, that's a hipster beer. Because they're obsessed with it. I can't say I've ever seen a Blue Moon cult following.

I can drink a 12 pack in a night without so much as cringing. I'm not saying I'm a Blue Moon fan boy, but there's really nothing wrong with it as a macro brew. It's not a good example of the Belgian White style, but it's not swill by any stretch. Is hating Blue Moon just the cool thing to do now? It's not like it's Golden Anniversary or Keystone Ice.

All the hipsters hate blue moon...

That would make a lot more sense. A lot of people drink Blue Moon. That makes it not cool. But PBR? There's a beer they can ruin with their hipster powers.

Not sure what everyone has against PBR. It won a friggin' BLUE RIBBON for pete's sake. and it's only a dollar on wednesdays at the Cincinnati Cyclones ECHL games :beer:

Not sure what everyone has against PBR. It won a friggin' BLUE RIBBON for pete's sake. and it's only a dollar on wednesdays at the Cincinnati Cyclones ECHL games :beer:

hahaha the bar near me sells the 22oz cans for 2 dollars every night... when im hard on cash its my go to.

Its not that bad without the orange... i still dont understand the hate i would rather drink this than bud light. What about Shocktop is that in the same category? I feel like i should be wearing a scarf when drinking blue moon the way you talk about it.

I'm not sure you understand what hipsters are.

Is hating Blue Moon just the cool thing to do now? It's not like it's Golden Anniversary or Keystone Ice.

While I certainly am not hip I understand a cetain backlash against Blue Moon and think its anti hipster to hate on the hipster vibe from scarf wearing Blue Moon club!

That would make a lot more sense. A lot of people drink Blue Moon. That makes it not cool. But PBR? There's a beer they can ruin with their hipster powers.

Keystone Ice and PBR talk about value! Unless you include time lost the next day, well, you know.

Its not that bad without the orange... i still dont understand the hate i would rather drink this than bud light. What about Shocktop is that in the same category? I feel like i should be wearing a scarf when drinking blue moon the way you talk about it.

LOL the scarf comment. Love it.

At the end of the day, beer, I'm drinking it :beer:

Now we're getting somewhere.

There are beers that I just won't drink. Period. Because I think they taste bad. But they are few. Blue Moon isn't one of them. I don't think I've ever ordered one in a bar, and I don't buy them for home, but if I were offered one I'd drink it without complaint or reaction. No different or better/worse than Blue or Bud in my book.

I don't hate PBR, I hate hipsters for taking my "wrenching on the car on a Saturday beer" and turning it into some trendy "look how cool we are for drinking this beer ironically!" beer.

Sort of like my isse with hipsters and flannel/work clothing. If you're wearing it, why are your hands so clean? What do you mean you've never swung an axe before?

Ugh, hipsters.

While I certainly am not hip I understand a cetain backlash against Blue Moon and think its anti hipster to hate on the hipster vibe from scarf wearing Blue Moon club!

Keystone Ice and PBR talk about value! Unless you include time lost the next day, well, you know.

LOL the scarf comment. Love it.

Ha I really dont understand the hipster culture or how to identify but when i picture one in my head it is always wearing a scarf. Keystone ICE???? OMG i cant take it I drank a thirty of it on the beach once and that was only because I was 17 and the guy that bought it for our group of friends didnt know there was a difference between ICE and LIGHT. FML

Ha I really dont understand the hipster culture or how to identify but when i picture one in my head it is always wearing a scarf. Keystone ICE???? OMG i cant take it I drank a thirty of it on the beach once and that was only because I was 17 and the guy that bought it for our group of friends didnt know there was a difference between ICE and LIGHT. FML

Now that's too funny :lol:

They have this at one of the stands out by the newly painted concession area in teh 100's.

A friend of mine enjoys it and was pretty excited when he noticed it when we went to the pre-season opener against the 'canes. its not bad, a close comparison would be Riccards White which is available in Canada if you can't get it in the US. If you get it at a bar in a pint, you get an orange slice with it. Me personally, I would just rather drink Guiness (Tap or Cans) if I drink.

As for the food, the concession area in the 100's looked different with "international" theme to the different stands (although there may have been little changes, I don't think I had ever been in that area before). When I went to the Foo Fighters show I was in the 200 level and bought some food which was actually pretty decent, similar in quality and price as I would get at a chain type eatery/bar (I had the chicken fingers and fries with the Anchor Bar wing sauce which we call Buffalo Chicken Fingers around here for under $10)

Normallly I try not to buy food at games and concerts but the odd time I will. I usually find the typical arena/stadium food to be grossly overpriced for a regular hotdog or hamburger they try to pass off as JUMBO. Typically I just stick with Nachos (On an unrelated note, arenas, fast food joints and sometimes at home are the only places where I accept a cheese Sauce for my nachos. If I am going to a restaurant or bar and order them, which I like to do, it better be melted actual cheese. I was pissed one time when I went to a bar/restaurant and they gave me cheese sauce soaked nachos. I had the same thing this spring happen in Clevland when I went out to eat at a bar/restaurant and ordered fries that the I recall the menu saying had different types of melted cheese on it and was served cheese sauce)

PBR FTW. Are hipsters really ruining its shining reputation? :angry:

Evidence:

PBR Snowboard Bindings, for hipsters.

http://www.peopleskateandsnowboard.com/?p=1098

Story from the Chicago News business section on Pabst

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/business/PBR-Sells-Out-Hipsters-Responsible-94944874.html

Another article on Pabst

http://www.hipstersuck.com/pbr-sells-for-250-mil-due-to-hipster-mass-consumption/

This is the most accurate description I can find for hipsters on Urban Dictionary. The other ones are written by hipsters and are mostly representative of what they think they are rather than what they really are.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hipster&defid=4970280

Archived