F'N...tastic Fridays....

Andrew Amerk

The lake was absolutely gorgeous this morning.  Beautiful sunrise.  Damn near dead calm.  One other boat at the launch.  Solitude.

The fish didn’t cooperate as much as hoped, but that is a minor detail given the experience was near perfection.

• Like (+1) 2

23 hours ago, Crosschecking said:

Still having Facebook withdrawal symptoms. And yet, it feels better to be more productive personally, and to not get involved in any drama on there.

I quit for 6 weeks can’t say I really missed it. 

• Like (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, JujuFish said:

Getting back into hiking. Took yesterday off and hiked with my roommate. Tomorrow I'm planning on a solo hike.

I went for a six-mile+ hike yesterday. But as I was going along, I started to debate whether I was actually hiking. (Hey, you have to think about something.) I walked on single-track, dirt roads, crushed gravel and even on rock through a rock formation. There was mud, downed trees, footbridges over small streams and some serious elevation change. It wasn't hard though. I didn't take anything with me except for a bottle of water. I wore sneakers.

Was I hiking? What's your definition Juju?

Edited by PASabreFan

41 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I went for a six-mile+ hike yesterday. But as I was going along, I started to debate whether I was actually hiking. (Hey, you have to think about something.) I walked on single-track, dirt roads, crushed gravel and even on rock through a rock formation. There was mud, downed trees, footbridges over small streams and some serious elevation change. It wasn't hard though. I didn't take anything with me except for a bottle of water. I wore sneakers.

Was I hiking? What's your definition Juju?

I'm not here to gatekeep.  If you're outside, in nature, following a trail, that's good enough for me.

My hike yesterday clocked in around 9 miles and 3200 feet of elevation.  It was a good workout.  Mount Moriah, #28 of 48 of my state's 4000 footers.  I think I want to finish it this year.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, JujuFish said:

I'm not here to gatekeep.  If you're outside, in nature, following a trail, that's good enough for me.

My hike yesterday clocked in around 9 miles and 3200 feet of elevation.  It was a good workout.  Mount Moriah, #28 of 48 of my state's 4000 footers.  I think I want to finish it this year.

You were hiking lol.

3 minutes ago, JujuFish said:

Pretty sure I made Gorham my base of operations a few years ago for a ski filled weekend in NH and Maine a couple years ago. Nice, middle of nowhere destination. I'm pretty sure I didn't have cell service for 3 days. 

Spent the morning on the water.  Peaceful, barely a breeze, only a handful of boats, loons calling to each other across the lake.  Gorgeous.

Caught a few fish for dinner tomorrow.   Bonus.

This is what keeps me sane.  If heaven isn’t exactly like that I’d rather stay here.

57 minutes ago, Weave said:

Spent the morning on the water.  Peaceful, barely a breeze, only a handful of boats, loons calling to each other across the lake.  Gorgeous.

Caught a few fish for dinner tomorrow.   Bonus.

This is what keeps me sane.  If heaven isn’t exactly like that I’d rather stay here.

I once had a priest as a guest speaker in my religion class in probably 7th grade try to describe heaven to us. He then proceeded to tell me that there is no baseball in heaven. He lost my attention completely.