Sign in to follow this  
Andrew Amerk

F'N...tastic Fridays....

3 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

I believe in this, and it's been tested by research.

Joe's famous reaction when he was told that a Billboard (I think it was them, or maybe Rolling Stone) Magazine poll put London Calling as the top album of the 80s ... "I thought it was released in 1979".  Love Joe ... RIP brother.  Even though Joe was the son on a Diplomat and born in Turkey he grew up to be the best poet of his time.  He is right, of course.  London Calling was released in the UK in December of 1979 and in January 1980 in North America.

I did not discover London Calling and The Clash until 1982.  I was 18 and that album definately changed my life.

• Like (+1) 1

Bumpity bump.

Here's a bit of good news on a Friday:  it has been much cooler in upstate NY the last couple of mornings, which makes a morning run much more pleasant, which in turn creates a good mood for the rest of the day and facilitates a good night's sleep.

8 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Bumpity bump.

Here's a bit of good news on a Friday:  it has been much cooler in upstate NY the last couple of mornings, which makes a morning run much more pleasant, which in turn creates a good mood for the rest of the day and facilitates a good night's sleep.

Any signs of fall there? Goldenrod is coming out here, and the hillsides are subtly starting to show color change.

• Like (+1) 1

I like lighthouses.  We still have many functioning ones here in NS.

Another Friday and I'm still in love ...

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

Any signs of fall there? Goldenrod is coming out here, and the hillsides are subtly starting to show color change.

Hush you.  I’m not ready.

6 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Bumpity bump.

Yes! I'm in NH but it's been cooler here, too.  About 58 when I go outside at 5AM the last couple days.  So nice.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

I wouldn't say so, but I'm also not the first one to pick up on that kind of thing (or many other kinds of things, for that matter).

I'm sure it will get hot again soon though.  Just enjoying it while it's here -- it was a pretty hot July here.