Jump to content
Andrew Amerk

F'N...tastic Fridays....

Recommended Posts

I got out of the house today and hit the lake.  Didn't catch a damned thing, but man did it feel good.

Hearing the loons from across the lake was a bonus.  Their call is just magic.

I'll be on the water again tomorrow.  Need. More. Medicine.

  • Like (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ubkev said:

What'd ya get?

Audio technica. About $100 at Best Buy 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Weave said:

Their call is just magic.

Adirondack native here. The little “whimper” call is my personal favorite. I can’t express how awesome it was to be able to walk to some of the most pristine waterways in the entire NE. Literally. The Little Salmon River was 100 yards behind my house. It intersected with the Salmon River 600 yards away. My entire “religion” is Earth based. BTW,  I was pulling 14” rainbows out of that thing with a alder twig and 10’ of line with a fat crawler on the hook. Too much brush for a pole at the good spots. I’m not so proficient at open water fishing but get me in a good sized brook in the scrub...we’ll eat good.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Weave said:

I got out of the house today and hit the lake.  Didn't catch a damned thing, but man did it feel good.

Hearing the loons from across the lake was a bonus.  Their call is just magic.

I'll be on the water again tomorrow.  Need. More. Medicine.

You still haven't divulged what you're fishing for.  Come on man, I need to fish  vicariously through someone's eyes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, spndnchz said:

Audio technica. About $100 at Best Buy 

Headphones or nothing for me.  Earphones fall out and I can hear the other creatures on the airplane.  The hooked earphones are good enough for the gym, I guess.

Edited by Eleven

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Headphones or nothing for me.  Earphones fall out and I can hear the other creatures on the airplane.  The hooked earphones are good enough for the gym, I guess.

Yeah. These are headphones 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, spndnchz said:

Yeah. These are headphones 

OK then.  Proceed.

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I read The Stand, and now I understand the @Randall Flagg reference.  It's only the second King book I've read, with the first being The Green Mile.

  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/24/2020 at 10:13 PM, Eleven said:

Headphones or nothing for me.  Earphones fall out and I can hear the other creatures on the airplane.  The hooked earphones are good enough for the gym, I guess.

See, it's earbuds or nothing for me. 99% of my wearing them is for workouts. Over the ear phones are no good for me personally for the gym. Can't wear over the ear with a ski helmet. And I haven't been on a plane since Sony diskman (ok, it was probably gen. 2 iPod, but still, it's been a while.)

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bought the kids an ant farm.  Ants are incredible.  I'm fairly certain they're more intelligent than 85% of us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Indabuff said:

Bought the kids an ant farm.  Ants are incredible.  I'm fairly certain they're more intelligent than 85% of us.

They're definitely more intelligent than 9 & 10 year old me and my sister, who knocked the ant farm over and suffered bites for a few days.  My parents had to get someone to poison the basement or something (details are hazy).

Be careful!

Edited by Eleven
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Eleven said:

They're definitely more intelligent than 9 & 10 year old me and my sister, who knocked the ant farm over and suffered bites for a few days.  My parents had to get someone to poison the basement or something (details are hazy).

Be careful!

I never had an ant farm.  Thanks for the heads up.  Apparently they're harvester ants and are capable of a nasty sting.  Seems ant farms have come a long way.  Media now is gelatinous and contains both water and nutrients.   Already burrowing.

IMG_20200501_203955747.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Indabuff said:

I never had an ant farm.  Thanks for the heads up.  Apparently they're harvester ants and are capable of a nasty sting.  Seems ant farms have come a long way.  Media now is gelatinous and contains both water and nutrients.   Already burrowing.

IMG_20200501_203955747.jpg

Yeah, somehow, our ant farm in  those days didn't glow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is thing still on ...

Hello, hello, can you hear me now ?????

Friday was very good ... that's all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OMGoodness, is it still Friday?? Retirement plus this quarantine, I have no idea anymore.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Scored some chicken thighs today.  Guess that's the new fantastic for some of us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Son appears to have not gotten the virus (yet) & was back to work.  Wifey found out her furlough ends.  Busier than can remember.

And have found a ton of games where we kick the #### out of Lakeshore.  (The rest were earlier this week, but this was a today thing.)

Hope all are well & the lockout ends soon. 🍺

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Son appears to have not gotten the virus (yet) & was back to work.  Wifey found out her furlough ends.  Busier than can remember.

And have found a ton of games where we kick the #### out of Lakeshore.  (The rest were earlier this week, but this was a today thing.)

Hope all are well & the lockout ends soon. 🍺

Yes please. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve been making progress on a blog I started at the beginning of the year - even though I still struggle with being disciplined with time management.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...