F'N...tastic Fridays....

Andrew Amerk

Grad School 2.0 Application is done, cuz why not get another Masters. Also all the trees are out here so the world is green once again.

Why get a second Masters degree? If you're going to go that far you should just opt for a Ph.D in whatever field you have your first Masters in.

Why get a second Masters degree? If you're going to go that far you should just opt for a Ph.D in whatever field you have your first Masters in.

First, it's free.  Second, let's just say I'd like a 2nd one in a different field.  

Edited by LGR4GM

So after being told at my wife's ultrasound a couple of months ago the baby was likely a girl, we had a 3D ultrasound done last night (those pictures are crazy looking) and surprise it's definitely a boy. It will take some adjusting now since I've bought purple paint for the room (luckily haven't painted yet) and a bunch of pink and purple nick nacks for the bedroom.  My sister was more devastated than we were.

But the Fn Fantastic news is the baby appears to be healthy and developing properly.  Really that's the only important thing.  Let's hope it continues smoothly for the next 3 months and beyond.

So after being told at my wife's ultrasound a couple of months ago the baby was likely a girl, we had a 3D ultrasound done last night (those pictures are crazy looking) and surprise it's definitely a boy. It will take some adjusting now since I've bought purple paint for the room (luckily haven't painted yet) and a bunch of pink and purple nick nacks for the bedroom.  My sister was more devastated than we were.

But the Fn Fantastic news is the baby appears to be healthy and developing properly.  Really that's the only important thing.  Let's hope it continues smoothly for the next 3 months and beyond.

Awesome.

First, it's free.  Second, let's just say I'd like a 2nd one in a different field.  

Outstanding.

Do you have a choice of which field you can get a free Master's in?  If so, I would strongly advise getting it in business, accounting, engineering or something like that with practical use, as this would enhance your appeal to future employers.

Awesome.

Outstanding.

Do you have a choice of which field you can get a free Master's in?  If so, I would strongly advise getting it in business, accounting, engineering or something like that with practical use, as this would enhance your appeal to future employers.

There are certain programs you can't get the free tuition for. Business is actually one of them. I actually want to focus on the health field.  

COngrats!

There are certain programs you can't get the free tuition for. Business is actually one of them. I actually want to focus on the health field.  

If you can get it in something like healthcare administration -- i.e. operation of a hospital or other HC facility -- that could be pretty useful.  If it's something squishier like HC public policy -- then it's much less useful professionally unless you're thinking about lobbying or think-tanking or something like that.

If you can get it in something like healthcare administration -- i.e. operation of a hospital or other HC facility -- that could be pretty useful.  If it's something squishier like HC public policy -- then it's much less useful professionally unless you're thinking about lobbying or think-tanking or something like that.

I am specifically looking at Health Admin and Health Program Eval.  

Congratulations! Health of Mom and Baby are of primary concern..... Take lots of pictures, it goes by fast. I've got 2..... 20 and 22, and it's like the blink of an eye.

Good Luck!

Just finished planning my brothers bachelor party which is a go for next weekend.  You would think coordinating the schedules of 5 guys between the start of April and the end of August would leave a few open weekends.  Nope.  Next weekend is literally the only one that works for all 5.  Took a ton of planning and research on where to go etc and glad that aspect of it is over.  We're renting a chalet, have a tee time booked for a new golf course in the area and have some 'entertainment' scheduled for later on the Saturday night.  I guess I should save some of my enthusiasm for next weeks Fantastic Friday Thread.

:beer:  :beer:

so I have a meeting at 3:30 today... it's at a bar... with free beer... and food... 

Tomorrow I am going to a beer festival where basically it is 40$ all you can drink for 4 hours with all Georgia beers.  I am pretty excited.  

d4rk's put up with me for 4 years as of tomorrow. Or is it me putting up with him? Probably.  :P

So we're gonna go see Rev Peyton in Buffalo with sabills and have a good time. It may be snowing today, but blue skies are coming. I swear. 

d4rk's put up with me for 4 years as of tomorrow. Or is it me putting up with him? Probably.  :P

So we're gonna go see Rev Peyton in Buffalo with sabills and have a good time. It may be snowing today, but blue skies are coming. I swear. 

That's awesome.  Congrats to you two  :flirt:

Have dinner plans tonight with a friend I've been wanting to catch up with for a while.  And a potentially exciting development on the job hunting front came about yesterday... my boss put me in touch with a former colleague of his who was just recruited to one of the places I'm looking to go, and her research sounds like a perfect fit for my experience.  Sent her my resume last night and hoping to hear back before too long on whether she'd like to set up an interview.  Fingers crossed!!

Have dinner plans tonight with a friend I've been wanting to catch up with for a while.  And a potentially exciting development on the job hunting front came about yesterday... my boss put me in touch with a former colleague of his who was just recruited to one of the places I'm looking to go, and her research sounds like a perfect fit for my experience.  Sent her my resume last night and hoping to hear back before too long on whether she'd like to set up an interview.  Fingers crossed!!

Sometimes it's all about connections.  Great to hear Bio.