F'N...tastic Fridays....

Andrew Amerk

I'm going to start drinking alone.

That isn't alone, you have a cat to drink with. You and kitty can get hammered together!

I am realizing that at my current job I have several faculty members that actually love having me around. Helped one of them today and they were extremely appreciative. Basically told me repeatedly I was the best thing to happen to their department. It was nice to feel appreciated.

Just got approved for a mortgage on a new house. Hopefully in 30 days we will no longer be a family of 7 crammed into 1300 SF.

Holy smokes, I got 2 1/4 peeps in 1400 and we are pretty cramped. It must have been like living in a traffic circle.

Just got approved for a mortgage on a new house. Hopefully in 30 days we will no longer be a family of 7 crammed into 1300 SF.

And I'm complaining about not being able to find anything affordable that's bigger than 400 sq ft for myself...

And I'm complaining about not being able to find anything affordable that's bigger than 400 sq ft for myself...

Tank, I've got a walk in closet that's about 400 Sq ft. What's your budget. I'm flexible on price.

Today I completed my second week at my new job, and I have to say it's F'n Fantastic. I've been looking for this type of position for a while (Ops Management), so I had built it up quite a bit in my mind. Over the past 2 weeks, learning the new company's culture, I've found myself dumbfounded several times as they seem to actually strive to do things the way I've always preferred to do things, but have been met with resistance from the "old way" of manufacturing.

I feel like I'm doing exactly what I'm supposed to be doing exactly where I'm supposed to be doing it. I really hope this honeymoon never wears off. :D

Today I completed my second week at my new job, and I have to say it's F'n Fantastic. I've been looking for this type of position for a while (Ops Management), so I had built it up quite a bit in my mind. Over the past 2 weeks, learning the new company's culture, I've found myself dumbfounded several times as they seem to actually strive to do things the way I've always preferred to do things, but have been met with resistance from the "old way" of manufacturing.

I feel like I'm doing exactly what I'm supposed to be doing exactly where I'm supposed to be doing it. I really hope this honeymoon never wears off. :D

I hope it doesn't wear off, too. Kickass.

It's new construction, so luckily no real surprises to deal with on the inspection front, but there's always *something* that can go wrong....

If you don't mind me asking, which builder did you go with? The wife and are are playing around with the idea of new construction and I'd imagine that there is a significant overlap in builders in the Charlotte and Raleigh areas.

Parents got in a car accident but are fine, other guys fault. Hit side of car that I had scuffed up about 4 months ago, so that plus the new damage is getting fixed for free. Win.

Glad they're okay, Liger.

What's F'N Fantastic? Snowboarding and no Sabres game tonight!

If you don't mind me asking, which builder did you go with? The wife and are are playing around with the idea of new construction and I'd imagine that there is a significant overlap in builders in the Charlotte and Raleigh areas.

Ryan Homes. We sort of lucked into this one and didn't specifically choose them, but of the builders in our area, we seemed to like them the best along with Lennar and to a lesser extent Adams.. Eastwood homes and True Homes are the other two with communities in our town (20 mins west of Charlotte) and my wife's contractor uncle told us to avoid them at all cost.

We had no intention of buying a new home, but the real estate market in our town, for what we need, is virtually non-existent. This house was 95% complete and after 4 months of construction the couple building it couldn't get their mortgage. The builder gave us a huge discount to walk in and take it off their hands, as they don't build/sell spec houses like some others do. So I really can't comment on how they are to work with through the design process, but we've been pleased so far.

Finally found a place to live in Buffalo. Probably should be cautious saying that since I haven't signed the lease but the deposit is and so are all the forms. Finally... After being essentially homeless for about a month following a house fire it'll be such a relief to have my own place.

Finally found a place to live in Buffalo. Probably should be cautious saying that since I haven't signed the lease but the deposit is and so are all the forms. Finally... After being essentially homeless for about a month following a house fire it'll be such a relief to have my own place.

Congrats man! :beer:

Congrats man! :beer:

Thanks. Now I just can't wait to move in. Can finally have a dresser again instead of just a pile of clothes in a tote. No more worrying about having to sleep on couches (have for about 3.5 of the last five years since the fire). Will be so nice.

Thanks. Now I just can't wait to move in. Can finally have a dresser again instead of just a pile of clothes in a tote. No more worrying about having to sleep on couches (have for about 3.5 of the last five years since the fire). Will be so nice.

Geez, man... that's a long time to be without a permanent place!

Geez, man... that's a long time to be without a permanent place!

About a year after the fire I moved back in at my mom's place but didn't have a room for a while since my grandmother had that extra bedroom. So I had a permanent home for most of it, but it was a lot of sleeping on the couch without anywhere to organize my belongings/clothing.

Ryan Homes. We sort of lucked into this one and didn't specifically choose them, but of the builders in our area, we seemed to like them the best along with Lennar and to a lesser extent Adams.. Eastwood homes and True Homes are the other two with communities in our town (20 mins west of Charlotte) and my wife's contractor uncle told us to avoid them at all cost.

We had no intention of buying a new home, but the real estate market in our town, for what we need, is virtually non-existent. This house was 95% complete and after 4 months of construction the couple building it couldn't get their mortgage. The builder gave us a huge discount to walk in and take it off their hands, as they don't build/sell spec houses like some others do. So I really can't comment on how they are to work with through the design process, but we've been pleased so far.

Thanks. I was mostly curious to see if certain builders were easy to work with or not and it sounds like you had no trouble with them. I'll search out some of their stuff later today.

About a year after the fire I moved back in at my mom's place but didn't have a room for a while since my grandmother had that extra bedroom. So I had a permanent home for most of it, but it was a lot of sleeping on the couch without anywhere to organize my belongings/clothing.

Gotcha. Well that still stinks, so congrats and enjoy the new place once you've moved in!

Thanks. I was mostly curious to see if certain builders were easy to work with or not and it sounds like you had no trouble with them. I'll search out some of their stuff later today.

I liked the sales guy with Lennar much more than the girl I'm dealing with at Ryan, and seem to like their options/flexibility better as well, but since everything with this house was essentially picked for me, I'm getting a way better deal than if I was doing it from scratch with either. My new house with Ryan is essentially the same size as one of Lennar's models, with a bigger lot, for around $30K less. I will say this about both Ryan and Lennar, is that they don't shoehorn all the houses in there, they actually have yards, which you don't see much with many of the new subdivisions. I'll have 1/3 of an acre and the guy across from me has 1/2, both fairly uncommon around here. We looked at one house with Adams and it was literally no yard at all, just a small concrete slab and a bush.