2011 Stanley Cup Finals

Taro T

I remember a play where ference elbows (Gomez?) behind the play and knocked him out for a while. They get away with a Lot of cheap stuff.

Look. I don't like the suspension . 5 and a game seemed reasonable. Tack on a one game suspension and people could accept that. But 4 games? And please don't insult everyones intelligence by saying that the Canucks aren't getting away with just as much cheap stuff as the Bruins.

My beef is with the lack of consistency. We lost Connolly for the remainder of the series on an "interference" play that resulted in a 5 and a game and an injury to a key player. And no supplimental discipline. Yet again, the league changed the way they do things mid-playoffs. That to me, is what makes this deal a big pile of steaming fecal matter.

I can agree with this.

If it were the same person making the decisions, I agree, there is a lack of consistency. Campbell was let go mid playoffs for a reason, and I doubt it was just his kid playing for the Bruins.

Whatever side you come out on, I think we can all agree the NHL is as inconsistent as they come. My opinion is that incidents like Rome/Horton have no place in the league, not with what we now know about traumatic brain injury. However, I can understand the aggravation many have how the NHL chooses to discipline. Not only is there inconsistency from call to call, but also from regular season to playoffs.

However, as much as I consider the NHL a joke on the administrative end, they're not alone. The NFL is still experiencing backlash from the Harrison hits and fine system last year. Selig and Torre are going to meet in the offseason to discuss the current catcher/collision rule. So in a way I can cut the NHL some slack, as it's hard to compartmentalize the physics of bodies in motion. It's just that the NHL has such a horrible track record when it comes to interpreting/upholding it's own rule book.

If it were the same person making the decisions, I agree, there is a lack of consistency. Campbell was let go mid playoffs for a reason, and I doubt it was just his kid playing for the Bruins.

He should have stepped down the moment his kid stepped on an NHL ice surface.

He should have stepped down the moment his kid stepped on an NHL ice surface.

Exactly and I even mentioned this somewhere myself.

It also seems the NHL has an agenda now by giving Rome 4 games. They apparently think the series is going to go 7 games maybe??? Hmmmm, interesting. And they cover their arses by saying the suspension will carry over to next season if the series ends before 7 games.

Here is the hit by Lucic on Spacek that received no suspension. And to watch Lucic's reaction after the hit just goes to show how dumb he is.

Lucic hit

Why? Because he was upset that he got a penalty because as soon as Spacek realized that he was going to get hit, he hurriedly passed the puck and turned his back on him causing him to be injured?

I'm sorry, but the hit-ees in some of these incidents are going to have to start taking some of the responsibility for the outcomes. The refs often reward turning your back and getting a concussion.

This is getting as bad as soccer. Guys throwing their heads back to get calls on both teams. Its really kind of pathetic and its nice to see the refs aren't falling for it except in one case so far that went against the canucks. The shift before sedin got away with a trip so maybe its Karma.

This is getting as bad as soccer. Guys throwing their heads back to get calls on both teams. Its really kind of pathetic and its nice to see the refs aren't falling for it except in one case so far that went against the canucks. The shift before sedin got away with a trip so maybe its Karma.

And the cross-checking call that led to a useless Canucks PP--that was a strong call? Come on, either comment through clear eyes or go to a canucks board.

And the cross-checking call that led to a useless Canucks PP--that was a strong call? Come on, either comment through clear eyes or go to a canucks board.

Eleven I am the furthest thing you will find from a canucks fan. Neither am I a Bruins fan so seeing this series through neutral eyes is the only way I see it. Maybe you misunderstood what I was saying?

Eleven I am the furthest thing you will find from a canucks fan. Neither am I a Bruins fan so seeing this series through neutral eyes is the only way I see it. Maybe you misunderstood what I was saying?

Maybe I mixed you up with rickshaw. All you British Columbians look alike.

PS: I hate the Bruins, too.

Boston forecheck is just killing Vancouver. Incredible collapse by Vancouver in this series.

This isn't a collapse...yet. A collapse is what they almost did with Chicago and what Boston did with Philly last year.

Boston skated with them in Games 1-2 and both games were tight the whole way. Boston just has looked dominating the past 2 games.

That said, Vancouver looks intimidated and unorganized. Thomas looks solid (even though he's hardly seen any rubber in the 2nd period) and the Bruins forecheck is killing the Canucks. I see a Game 6 coming.

This isn't a collapse...yet. A collapse is what they almost did with Chicago and what Boston did with Philly last year.

Boston skated with them in Games 1-2 and both games were tight the whole way. Boston just has looked dominating the past 2 games.

That said, Vancouver looks intimidated and unorganized. Thomas looks solid (even though he's hardly seen any rubber in the 2nd period) and the Bruins forecheck is killing the Canucks. I see a Game 6 coming.

Boston outplayed Vancouver in Game 1, IMO. I didn't see Game 2. Vancouver is in trouble. And we're all in danger of smugness emanating from the general direction of Massachusetts Bay.

Funny how these games are playing out. Canucks down 3 zip, on the pp and the Bruins have too many men for a good 3 seconds and it's not called. Then a phantom slash and it's 4 on 4. And now another odd goal and it's 4 zip.

Archived