Game Discussion Thread

spndnchz

There had two be one-half dozen high risk chances the Canes had tonight. That one where the puck came from behind the net to a Cane all alone in the slot was remarkable. Enroth got centered and huge to stop a point blank shot.

The other memorable moment was Corvo ringing the pipe on the 5-on-3...

There had two be one-half dozen high risk chances the Canes had tonight. That one where the puck came from behind the net to a Cane all alone in the slot was remarkable. Enroth got centered and huge to stop a point blank shot.

The other memorable moment was Corvo ringing the pipe on the 5-on-3...

Not to mention Sutter's move in OT where he was point blank on Enroth...don't remember who it was (Montador?), but it was more bad defense than a solid move.

I was suprised at how well Enroth adjusted his game. Last night, and to a certain extent against the Rags, rebounds were popping out like mad. He didn't seem to have much control over them. Tonight, he elevated himself and corrected the rebound issue, I didn't see too many at all. I can't believe how quickly he adjusted. If he continues to improve his game flaws like that, and play better the next game, he will have a long career in the NHL.

No, you are misreading the math. NYR win will decrease the Canes chances, but do nothing to improve the Sabres chances. An NYR loss will improve both the Sabres and Canes chances. So unless your priority is for the Canes to miss the playoffs, you want NYR to lose tomorrow.

After that game and the refs, yes, my priority is for the Canes to miss the playoffs :D

I was suprised at how well Enroth adjusted his game. Last night, and to a certain extent against the Rags, rebounds were popping out like mad. He didn't seem to have much control over them. Tonight, he elevated himself and corrected the rebound issue, I didn't see too many at all. I can't believe how quickly he adjusted. If he continues to improve his game flaws like that, and play better the next game, he will have a long career in the NHL.

Enroth playing this good is just a huge bonus , but Im more impressed @ our overall forechecking and physical play , which are probably the most important things needed to succeed in the playoffs, and solid goaltending.

Loved seeing Stafford knock that guy on his ass. :clapping:

After that game and the refs, yes, my priority is for the Canes to miss the playoffs :D

So I'm going to buck the trend and say I'd rather have the Canes in. They are a pretty tenacious team that could give them high seeds fits. I'd rather see Carolina in than New York.

So I'm going to buck the trend and say I'd rather have the Canes in. They are a pretty tenacious team that could give them high seeds fits. I'd rather see Carolina in than New York.

I don't think the idea of Carolina would make Washington comfortable.

Rutherford is a pretty amazing GM, by the way, he gets quite a bit out of quite little money be recycling players and coaches.

Maurice and Stillman for example. Bringing Cole and Corvo back too.

It would take a very unique set of point collection to require 4 points not 3, but you are right it could turn out 4 points are needed.

Not trying to be argumentative, but there are only a few ways to get 3 points.

0-0-3: 4 points required

1-1-1 ROW win: 3 points required

1-1-1 SO win: 4 points required

I would argue it takes a unique set of point collection to require 3 points instead of 4.

Either way, Buffalo winning out would be awesome. :thumbsup:

can anyone post a link to the main canes message board?? i found one, letsgocanes.com but the GDT had 20 replies and like 400 views compared to our 10,000, so that cant be it....can it???

http://fans.hurricanes.nhl.com/community/topic/18392-gdt-slugs-canes-500pm-sun-4211/page__st__84

it is on the last page, so you'll have to scroll through...

can anyone post a link to the main canes message board?? i found one, letsgocanes.com but the GDT had 20 replies and like 400 views compared to our 10,000, so that cant be it....can it???

I think that is the main Canes board, at least it used to be. (SuperDave, or Iam SuperDave, or SuperDaveIamIam, one of 'em had mentioned in the baby eating/raping/pillaging thread that there was a different site that a lot of them moved to, but I don't care enough and am too drunk to bother figuring out what the new site is.) My guess is a lot of the fans on the LGC site are STH's and either were at the game and fighting off the marauders or were hiding under their Dale Earnhardt Jr. sheets and in either case wouldn't be posting about THIS game.

Not trying to be argumentative, but there are only a few ways to get 3 points.

0-0-3: 4 points required

1-1-1 ROW win: 3 points required

1-1-1 SO win: 4 points required

I would argue it takes a unique set of point collection to require 3 points instead of 4.

Either way, Buffalo winning out would be awesome. :thumbsup:

I think he meant the 3 pts would need to be collected in a "unique" way for it to not be enough--- as you correctly pointed out. At least that's how I read it.

Second best moment of the night: OT Winner

Best moment of the night: Watching the jumbo tron and seeing a sign that said something about buffalonians being stupid. Next, pan to the lucky fan trivia question. Asked upon the dude with the canes jersey "What city can you look south and see canada?, answers A) Detroit, B) Buffalo, C) Minnesota." That maroon picked C. Apparently the "intelligent" canes fans though that Minnesota was a city. Luckily there were a bunch of stupid Buffalo fans there to correct him.

Second best moment of the night: OT Winner

Best moment of the night: Watching the jumbo tron and seeing a sign that said something about buffalonians being stupid. Next, pan to the lucky fan trivia question. Asked upon the dude with the canes jersey "What city can you look south and see canada?, answers A) Detroit, B) Buffalo, C) Minnesota." That maroon picked C. Apparently the "intelligent" canes fans though that Minnesota was a city. Luckily there were a bunch of stupid Buffalo fans there to correct him.

That's great. :lol:

- Mike Weber with a monster game from a physical standpoint.

- Gragnani is not nearly the liability I thought he was in his own zone.

- Gerbe and Stafford continue to be our best forwards.

- Vanek fairly invisible. I didn't like his effort compared to most over the last month or two.

- Sekera is really playing well.

- Montador being more physical than I have seen all year.

Go Sabres!!!!!

I agree with all of this.

That was a great, great win.

On Tuesday, the Habs have Chicago and the Sabres play Tampa. The Sabres could be in #6 at 10 PM EST.

Enroth looked really good, didn't he?

http://fans.hurricanes.nhl.com/community/topic/18392-gdt-slugs-canes-500pm-sun-4211/page__st__84

it is on the last page, so you'll have to scroll through...

Canes fans are rude. They called the page slugs vs canes. WTF? The slugs been dead for a season has it not and we didnt call our thread Sabres vs that team that played like crap but still won an undeserved stanley cup now did we? So freaking glad we beat up on those arrogant b*stards

Stafford has had some really good games down the stretch here and has been slamming home assists and goals and I am impressed.

Boyes was way better tonight than he was yesterday and I hope he continues to play more and more gritty and offensive because we will need him before this is through

TC played better than Vanek. I said it. TC controlled the puck, forced turnovers and shot a couple of times. Vanek kinda had a ruff night and I think he will rebound just fine. Great to see our young rookie def score both goals... Now thats Awesome.

HEY REF YOU SUCK! srry i just needed to do it.

GREAT WIN> LETS GO BUFFALO! 3 more POINTS!

Archived