Game Discussion Thread

spndnchz

Hells yea boys, im havin a celebratory bottle of vino....make that two : )

Stall, you are a giant tool

Skinner, you're a puss

Cole, you diving cryin sissy

Oh any my favorite zebras of all time....you can lick straight up on my wang, I bet it sucks to know that you fail at giving a game away, maybe you should take that cash that was given to ya before the faceoff and get lasik surgery!!!

Ok now that's outta my system : ) we win against tampa and the wings beat the whineacanes then that's all she wrote boys!!! Im sensing just that to happen too.

Im still looking for this thread to hit 30 pages, don't let me down

Canes fans are rude. They called the page slugs vs canes. WTF? The slugs been dead for a season has it not and we didnt call our thread Sabres vs that team that played like crap but still won an undeserved stanley cup now did we? So freaking glad we beat up on those arrogant b*stards

Stafford has had some really good games down the stretch here and has been slamming home assists and goals and I am impressed.

Boyes was way better tonight than he was yesterday and I hope he continues to play more and more gritty and offensive because we will need him before this is through

TC played better than Vanek. I said it. TC controlled the puck, forced turnovers and shot a couple of times. Vanek kinda had a ruff night and I think he will rebound just fine. Great to see our young rookie def score both goals... Now thats Awesome.

HEY REF YOU SUCK! srry i just needed to do it.

GREAT WIN> LETS GO BUFFALO! 3 more POINTS!

Agreed on TC tonight, no real giveaways and was solid, only that two on one he shoulda shot, but hey every saber seems guilty of that this year. I really wanna see vanek step up, everyone talks about his leadership, but he was absent for the biggest game of the year....not a great sign, but here's hopin it was just an off game

Sorry, late to the party, had company over - could only get one post in from my phone. But now...

BY THE PADDLE OF ENROTH - YOU WILL NOT WIN THIS GAME. BEHOLD! MY SKILLS ARE BEYOND YOU! I SHALL USE MY BARE FACE TO STOP YOUR PUNY SHOTS! I WILL DIP AND DIVE LIKE AN EAGLE IN FRONT OF THIS NET! YOU CAN NOT DEFEAT ME!

That's all I have to say other than to agree that if there were a game that looked like the fix was in, then this was it. Damn.

Canes fans are rude. They called the page slugs vs canes. WTF? The slugs been dead for a season has it not and we didnt call our thread Sabres vs that team that played like crap but still won an undeserved stanley cup now did we? So freaking glad we beat up on those arrogant b*stards

Stafford has had some really good games down the stretch here and has been slamming home assists and goals and I am impressed.

Boyes was way better tonight than he was yesterday and I hope he continues to play more and more gritty and offensive because we will need him before this is through

TC played better than Vanek. I said it. TC controlled the puck, forced turnovers and shot a couple of times. Vanek kinda had a ruff night and I think he will rebound just fine. Great to see our young rookie def score both goals... Now thats Awesome.

HEY REF YOU SUCK! srry i just needed to do it.

GREAT WIN> LETS GO BUFFALO! 3 more POINTS!

Get used to it. That WILL be LQ's legacy. Opposing fans no longer refer to Buffalo's NHL team as the 'Gay-bers' they will FOREVER be disparagingly referred to as the 'slugs.'

Great job LQ. I'm ###### impressed. :doh:

Second best moment of the night: OT Winner

Best moment of the night: Watching the jumbo tron and seeing a sign that said something about buffalonians being stupid. Next, pan to the lucky fan trivia question. Asked upon the dude with the canes jersey "What city can you look south and see canada?, answers A) Detroit, B) Buffalo, C) Minnesota." That maroon picked C. Apparently the "intelligent" canes fans though that Minnesota was a city. Luckily there were a bunch of stupid Buffalo fans there to correct him.

That was a brilliant moment in Canes fan history. The team better stop asking those tough geography questions during their TV timeout trivia.

Corp, great seeing you again. Can't believe its been 5 years since the last time. Amazingly enough when I bought my ticket on Ticketmaster I happened to get one right next to you.

PTR

Boy, Paul Maurice is pretty close to crying. I personally don't blame him

It's a darn shame that they might miss the playoffs.

The shame being if they miss, either the Strangers or the Loafs got in. :angry: (Any possibility we can give either the Panthers or Thrashers some double secret probation points to get them into 8th (assuming the Sabres are in 6th or 7th)?)

It's a darn shame that they might miss the playoffs.

The shame being if they miss, either the Strangers or the Loafs got in. :angry: (Any possibility we can give either the Panthers or Thrashers some double secret probation points to get them into 8th (assuming the Sabres are in 6th or 7th)?)

I'm not sold on the Rags getting in at all yet. They have Lundquist, but that team is having trouble scoring. A Rags loss tomorrow to Boston and the world looks different for Carolina tomorrow at 10PM.

There had two be one-half dozen high risk chances the Canes had tonight. That one where the puck came from behind the net to a Cane all alone in the slot was remarkable. Enroth got centered and huge to stop a point blank shot.

The other memorable moment was Corvo ringing the pipe on the 5-on-3...

I was listening to the game on my phone at the time that happened. As soon as I heard the post, I literally screamed out "DAMN IT!" and then heard that it didn't go in.

I think listening to the game actually puts me way more on edge than watching it.

I'll admit, I haven't been all that impressed by Montador this season. However, your observation makes me wonder if he's one of those players who is signed because he excels in the playoffs. Any thoughts?

Are you talking about the guy who fell flat on his back while skating backwards and ended our season last year? Yeah, he's a real stellar playoff performer alright. If you like getting kicked in the nuts.

I'm not sold on the Rags getting in at all yet. They have Lundquist, but that team is having trouble scoring. A Rags loss tomorrow to Boston and the world looks different for Carolina tomorrow at 10PM.

Well, they found a way to blow it at the last possible moment last year; I wouldn't put it past them this year. But after today's results, it's nice to know that the teams that are duking it out don't include the boys in b&g. (Of course, if they screw up against TB, they are very much back in play.)

- Vanek fairly invisible. I didn't like his effort compared to most over the last month or two.

I didn't have a problem with Vanek today. He almost scored in the first with that wrap-around, and had a few other chances.

Most of our team had no legs today. We won because of Enroth.

So, someone shoots a puck off his skate and it is his fault? :unsure:

Yeah, I don't understand how anyone is blaming Sekera for that goal. The Hurricanes player collided with Enroth, the puck flew up in the air towards our net, Sekera tried to catch it but missed, and then the puck went in the net. It was on its way in already. It's not like he directed it in.

Yeah, I don't understand how anyone is blaming Sekera for that goal. The Hurricanes player collided with Enroth, the puck flew up in the air towards our net, Sekera tried to catch it but missed, and then the puck went in the net. It was on its way in already. It's not like he directed it in.

I still don't get how that wasn't a contact in the crease call for the chest bump.

I didn't have a problem with Vanek today. He almost scored in the first with that wrap-around, and had a few other chances.

Most of our team had no legs today. We won because of Enroth.

I thought he was a beast on the first PP.

He just didn't have an extra step through the neutral zone, or he would have had a couple breakaways.

He just didn't have an extra step through the neutral zone, or he would have had a couple breakaways.

Pretty sure that he hurt his knee last night........A day off will do him some good....... :beer:

Second best moment of the night: OT Winner

Best moment of the night: Watching the jumbo tron and seeing a sign that said something about buffalonians being stupid. Next, pan to the lucky fan trivia question. Asked upon the dude with the canes jersey "What city can you look south and see canada?, answers A) Detroit, B) Buffalo, C) Minnesota." That maroon picked C. Apparently the "intelligent" canes fans though that Minnesota was a city. Luckily there were a bunch of stupid Buffalo fans there to correct him.

Anyone know the answer to that question of the top of your head? It's Detroit. I used to live there.

Agreed on TC tonight, no real giveaways and was solid, only that two on one he shoulda shot, but hey every saber seems guilty of that this year. I really wanna see vanek step up, everyone talks about his leadership, but he was absent for the biggest game of the year....not a great sign, but here's hopin it was just an off game

I wonder if his leg is bothering him from last night when a Caps player rolled up on him behind the net and he limped off. I think it might be.

See above?

wow i cant believe with ho bad we started an d not having roy we are probly gonna make the playoffs. if there was an award for come back team of the year, the sabres would get it.

Nah, DeLuca's already given it to the Devils and the Loafs.

The Sabres have to settle for the 'well, you still suck and won't go anywhere in the playoffs, if you don't choke and miss the playoffs' award.

I just read the GDT for this evening's game on a Hurricanes fan site. All I can say is wow. Aside from not knowing anything about anything (one of them insisted that Pegula bought the team at the beginning of last season and abolished the slug), they are fuggin OBSESSED with Buffalo fans. Each one has a cute little horror story about a terrible Buffalonian marauding down to Carolina and saying the eff-word *gasp* in front of their darling family. I swear, some of these guys are literally afraid of people from Buffalo.

In one story, a Sabres fan spilled some nachos on a guy's wife while celebrating a goal and he swears he's never attending a Sabres-Canes game again. Nachos? OH THE HORROR!

Archived