Game Discussion Thread

spndnchz

Great game crazy finish but we deserved one of those bounces after losing against WSH last night like that, Whoppee.

Wow, I can breath again enjoy for the night but then the Sabres need to get right back at it because we haven't won anything yet.

Root for CHI against Tampa tonight maybe they will stop trying to overtake the Pens for 4th if they stay 3 back coming in Tuesday otherwise we have another playoff game in our barn all over again.

Wow just wow and it isn't even real playoffs. Thank you Sabres for keeping me on the edge of my seat again. Now I need to drink and rest for Tuesday,

wooo Enroth did good lets trade miller. boo enroth did bad lets trade enroth. wooo enroth did good why are we keeping miller at 6.25mil? That sums up the last 3 games. We won. Enroth was superb. We are in 7th with 3pts up on the canes with only 6pts left to available. LETS GO BUFFALO! HUGE WIN! :clapping:

- Mike Weber with a monster game from a physical standpoint.

- Gragnani is not nearly the liability I thought he was in his own zone.

- Gerbe and Stafford continue to be our best forwards.

- Vanek fairly invisible. I didn't like his effort compared to most over the last month or two.

- Sekera is really playing well.

- Montador being more physical than I have seen all year.

Go Sabres!!!!!

Only sort of. If the Sabres get one more ROW win it is 3. If they get 3 with 3 overtime losses or a shootout win and an overtime loss and Carolina gets 3 ROW wins-- Carolina would get the tiebreaker, but in every other scenario Sabres have the tiebreaker. 93 points with a ROW win and we are in.

FFS, NO, we do not have a goalie controversy. Geez.

And...

hoo-rah, Hoo-Rah, HOO-RAH YEA!!!!!

Not from a team standpoint, no. Miller's not going to sit when healthy.

But we're getting there on the fan side -- especially if Miller is at all off his game to end the season.

I guarantee at 3 tomorrow Mike Schopp starts the ball rolling.

wooo Enroth did good lets trade miller. boo enroth did bad lets trade enroth. wooo enroth did good why are we keeping miller at 6.25mil? That sums up the last 3 games. We won. Enroth was superb. We are in 7th with 3pts up on the canes with only 6pts left to available. LETS GO BUFFALO! HUGE WIN! :clapping:

Or we could take it back four games and factor in the 70' wiff by Miller...

Not from a team standpoint, no. Miller's not going to sit when healthy.

But we're getting there on the fan side -- especially if Miller is at all off his game to end the season.

I guarantee at 3 tomorrow Mike Schopp starts the ball rolling.

I can't stand listening to him, but you'd think he'd have more to talk about....

- Mike Weber with a monster game from a physical standpoint.

- Gragnani is not nearly the liability I thought he was in his own zone.

- Gerbe and Stafford continue to be our best forwards.

- Vanek fairly invisible. I didn't like his effort compared to most over the last month or two.

- Sekera is really playing well.

- Montador being more physical than I have seen all year.

Go Sabres!!!!!

I'll admit, I haven't been all that impressed by Montador this season. However, your observation makes me wonder if he's one of those players who is signed because he excels in the playoffs. Any thoughts?

Only sort of. If the Sabres get one more ROW win it is 3. If they get 3 with 3 overtime losses or a shootout win and an overtime loss and Carolina gets 3 ROW wins-- Carolina would get the tiebreaker, but in every other scenario Sabres have the tiebreaker. 93 points with a ROW win and we are in.

The magic number involves the worst case scenario. Sure, the Sabres could get it in 3, but getting 3 points itself is not a guarantee. Therefore it is accurate to say the magic number is 4. It would be reduced to 1 if Buffalo wins their next game in regulation or overtime per your example.

So now we want the Rags to win tomorrow. It will be a pin prick to our playoff odds but will sting the Canes pretty good dropping them another 9%.

I'm still waiting for the "BY THE POWER OF ENROTH" wallpaper. Who's gonna take a shot at it?

For the first time since 06-07 I belive

I haven't been that excited since Game 3 of the 2006 EC semis (JP Dumont).

Enroth was beyond phenomenal. I can remember about 3 or 4 saves in the 3rd period that were truly eyebrow-raising and jaw-dropping all in one.

Jhonas - :worthy:

The magic number involves the worst case scenario. Sure, the Sabres could get it in 3, but getting 3 points itself is not a guarantee. Therefore it is accurate to say the magic number is 4. It would be reduced to 1 if Buffalo wins their next game in regulation or overtime per your example.

Right. This is a bizarre magic number because of how the tiebreakers work. It would take a very unique set of point collection to require 4 points not 3, but you are right it could turn out 4 points are needed.

I'll admit, I haven't been all that impressed by Montador this season. However, your observation makes me wonder if he's one of those players who is signed because he excels in the playoffs. Any thoughts?

2004 Stanley Cup Finals with Calgary. He has brain cramps, but I have been impressed with Montador most nights. He's solid. Would like to see him re-signed.

So now we want the Rags to win tomorrow. It will be a pin prick to our playoff odds but will sting the Canes pretty good dropping them another 9%.

I'm still waiting for the "BY THE POWER OF ENROTH" wallpaper. Who's gonna take a shot at it?

No, you are misreading the math. NYR win will decrease the Canes chances, but do nothing to improve the Sabres chances. An NYR loss will improve both the Sabres and Canes chances. So unless your priority is for the Canes to miss the playoffs, you want NYR to lose tomorrow.

They were both intentional, right? :blink: If you can't tell that he has been one of their best defensemen over the 2nd half of the year, I don't know what to say.

He's defintely high risk/high reward. But he has sold me this year--definitely a building block going forward. Particularly with Ruff asking the D to join in the rush regularly.

Archived