Game Discussion Thread

spndnchz

8. I did not issue a single complaint about reffing last night. In fact I rarely do. The ONLY call I still don't understand was the hooking call on Ennis. I watched the replay. I guess I don't understand hooking. The call on Weber when he took out Staal in the crease was absolutely a penalty and a great play. You can't leave Staal alone in that tight.

There are a few refs whose games I hate just because of the game they call.

Devorski,St-Lauren, and Auger. Because the players know that they call stuff behind the play and tons of stick fouls and calls that don't effect play, there tends to be a ton of diving, and stick holding during their games to draw whistles.

BTW....the play I loved the best yesterday wasn't a play at all. Jokinen took a little liberty with Enroth and Gaustad went right after Staal. I would love to know what he said to Staal when he was wringing his collar and jawing him.

Grab their captain and have a little chat about what transpires if that happens again. It keeps things polite. :thumbsup:

Yeah, I don't understand how anyone is blaming Sekera for that goal. The Hurricanes player collided with Enroth, the puck flew up in the air towards our net, Sekera tried to catch it but missed, and then the puck went in the net. It was on its way in already. It's not like he directed it in.

you mean he tried to bat it out of the air, whiffed, and it bounce in off his chest? Things like this don't happen to good defencemen night in and night out.

I'm with you, I couldn't even enjoy myself I was so wound up. I thought about having my wife check my BP in the third just to see where it was. I even FFWD through one of the late Buffalo penalties because I just couldn't take it. BTW I always DVR games, watch late, and then read the GDT the next day. It's pretty entertaining when you know the outcome.

Then what's the point of watching?

you mean he tried to bat it out of the air, whiffed, and it bounce in off his chest? Things like this don't happen to good defencemen night in and night out.

So he's definitely not "good"? Because he's had stretches this season where he's played like an all-star.

What would you have had him do on that play? Carolina put the puck on net and one of their players crashed into our goalie. The puck was already heading into our net without any help from Sekera.

BTW....the play I loved the best yesterday wasn't a play at all. Jokinen took a little liberty with Enroth and Gaustad went right after Staal. I would love to know what he said to Staal when he was wringing his collar and jawing him.

Grab their captain and have a little chat about what transpires if that happens again. It keeps things polite. :thumbsup:

Thank you for calling. Ghost of Dwight Drane is on another board and will take your call as soon as possible. Again, thanks for calling the League of Insensitive Contrarians and have a nice day. While you wait, please enjoy the sound of nails dragging across a chalkboard.

Thank you for calling. Ghost of Dwight Drane is on another board and will take your call as soon as possible. Again, thanks for calling the League of Insensitive Contrarians and have a nice day. While you wait, please enjoy the sound of nails dragging across a chalkboard.

I have no idea what this means.

I guess you didn't like my favorite moment.

Saw that too. That ended a pretty chippy sequence by both teams. I'd love to knwo what was said.

i couldnt read his lips but i swear by the motion of his head you could almost hear him chewing him out for jarring enroth, as in 'oh you think you can just take liberties with our goalie like that? well how about if we start taking runs at cam. hes your best player, how would you like to try to win some of these games without him?' something like that i bet

not night after night, but they happen to most defensemen at some time.

Ask Tim Gleason. :beer:

Sure, the one on Saturday night was comparable to the Gleason deflection. Pure random bad luck. But the one on Sunday was both a bad decision and a physical mistake. Rather than just bat the puck away, it looked like he tried to catch it and bring it to the ice. He flubbed it and the rest is history. It was a bad play. It doesn't mean we should crucify him for it but let's not chalk that one up to a bad break.

Then what's the point of watching?

I'm the same way where sometimes I'm so nervious it isn't even fun watching them play. I've even considered not watching all the games but end up back on this board and excited to watch the next game everytime. It really is strange.

"Did you shut your lights off before you came to the rink? Huh? Huh? You got money. Go solar punk. Mother Earth is crying."

You are the best! I swear to the Baby Jesus I replied before reading this.

Best play of the game was McCormick rocking Jokinen after the play into another Carolina player...it was priceless

Yes +2. I yelled at the TV, "Now that's how you clear the crease".

One of my pet peeves as a team they do not take enough advantage of that crease clearing shot/liberty allowed for pucks into the goalies.

Being at the game, I didn't realize how loud it was when Buffalo scored the OT winner since I was yelling too.

Here's the game highlights and listen to the crowd after the OT goal, for 3 to 4K people, that's a pretty loud roar!

Video Highlights - Canes Feed

It starts with the Rangers game, so when the video starts, click on the Buffalo/Carolina game.

Archived