Nine games, Six days

wjag

If by "every win" you mean 3 times all season, then yes. Perhaps you need to lay off jumping on every one of my posts, speaking of giving things a rest.

PTR

How about a deal? You refrain from calling out members that aren't even participating in a thread and I'll refrain from calling you out for doing it.

Ok so if we win tomorrow and carolina loses wednesday, we are in got it.

If Buffalo wins in a shootout and Carolina loses in OT/SO, and then Buffalo gets blown out in their last two games in regulation (e.g. 1-6, 0-6) and Carolina destroys their opponents in their last two games (e.g. 8-1, 5-0), then Carolina will finish ahead of Buffalo. :nana:

If Buffalo wins in a shootout and Carolina loses in OT/SO, and then Buffalo gets blown out in their last two games in regulation (e.g. 1-6, 0-6) and Carolina destroys their opponents in their last two games (e.g. 8-1, 5-0), then Carolina will finish ahead of Buffalo. :nana:

You :censored:

Magic Number in points (Sabres need to win TWO of these to make the playoffs):

BUF 8 MON 5 (Habs have tiebreaker)

BUF 5 NYR 6 (Sabres have tiebreaker)

BUF 4* CAR 10 (Sabres will likely have the tiebreaker, and their number would drop by an additional one more if/when they secure the tiebreaker)

BUF 1 TOR 12 (Leafs have tiebreaker)

Magic Number in points (Sabres need to win TWO of these to make the playoffs):

BUF 8 MON 5 (Habs have tiebreaker)

BUF 5 NYR 6 (Sabres have tiebreaker)

BUF 4* CAR 10 (Sabres will likely have the tiebreaker, and their number would drop by an additional one more if/when they secure the tiebreaker)

BUF 1 TOR 12 (Leafs have tiebreaker)

Not QUITE accurate.

If the Strangers win their last 2 and the Sabres go 2-0-1 but with their wins occuring in a SO, then the Strangers have the tiebreaker. So Sabres magic # against NYR is 6.

If TO wins all 3 and Buffalo loses all 3, TO has the tiebreaker PROVIDED they win all 3 prior to a SO. So, the Loafs currently have the tiebreaker, but they could lose it. (Just like the Sabres could lose the tiebreaker to the Strangers and likely have the tiebreaker vs the Canes.)

So, if the Sabres stay out of a SO, their M# vs NYR and Car is 5 & 3 respectively; and if the Loafs end up in a SO they can't catch the Sabres.

The R/OT win becoming the 1st tiebreaker is making this last week more interesting than it normally would be.

Speaking of, anyone notice the inverse relationship between DeLuca posts and good Sabre news? When one goes up the other seems to go down. Oh well, I'm sure he'll be back to do his happy dance when we eventually lose in the playoffs. The Sabres are flawed and Team Pegula has lots of work to do this off-season. But for now let's give them props for pulling themselves out of the gutter and making the playoffs, despite all the premature declarations of doom.

PTR

Speaking of premature declarations of doom.

:blink:

How about a deal? You refrain from calling out members that aren't even participating in a thread and I'll refrain from calling you out for doing it.

Speaking of premature declarations of doom.

:blink:

Two posts that made me chuckle.

The 11th commandment of SabreSpace: Thou shalt not speak ill of the Holy Trinity. (DeLuca, GADD & PASF) The avenging angels of the sacred forum (Weave & SwampD) shall smite thine postings.

PTR

:lol: :thumbsup:

Not QUITE accurate.

If the Strangers win their last 2 and the Sabres go 2-0-1 but with their wins occuring in a SO, then the Strangers have the tiebreaker. So Sabres magic # against NYR is 6.

If TO wins all 3 and Buffalo loses all 3, TO has the tiebreaker PROVIDED they win all 3 prior to a SO. So, the Loafs currently have the tiebreaker, but they could lose it. (Just like the Sabres could lose the tiebreaker to the Strangers and likely have the tiebreaker vs the Canes.)

So, if the Sabres stay out of a SO, their M# vs NYR and Car is 5 & 3 respectively; and if the Loafs end up in a SO they can't catch the Sabres.

The R/OT win becoming the 1st tiebreaker is making this last week more interesting than it normally would be.

Wouldn't that be interesting if the Leafs go to OT and then I guess they'd have to pull the goaltender with a minute left before the shootout to get the win in OT.

Wouldn't that be interesting if the Leafs go to OT and then I guess they'd have to pull the goaltender with a minute left before the shootout to get the win in OT.

I don't see all the other cards falling that way that it'll make a difference, but if there is 1 minute left in OT Wilson would be crazy to NOT pull his goalie. As giving up the OT empty net goal and losing the point that goes with it means absolutely nothing. They MUST get 6 non-encumbered points to have ANY chance. A SO win might as well be an 0-8 thumping for all the good it would do them.

Not QUITE accurate.

Good points.

The uber-optimists were few and far between on SabreSpace in December too. Hmmm...........

I can only speak for myself, but when the Bills and Sabres are struggling, I generally stay away from both TSW and TAC. It's too depressing; why put myself through that? I can see the product on the field/ice plainly enough, and don't need armchair experts reminding me how bad things are.

Wilson was quoted as saying this a few weeks ago. :thumbsup:

The 11th commandment of SabreSpace: Thou shalt not speak ill of the Holy Trinity. (DeLuca, GADD & PASF) The avenging angels of the sacred forum (Weave & SwampD) shall smite thine postings.

PTR

LOL... Getting a little snarky in here...

So you're predicting we win the cup? That's a bit of a turnaround. Did the Zoloft kick in?

PTR

Don't change the subject! Nice try. It just seems odd with your holier than thou attitude about the team that you'd admit you are in the same camp with the pessimists.

I said they were done after game 15 or so and after Roy's injury, I said they should put Miller on the shelf and angle for a top pick as a present to Pegula. They're a long shot to win the Cup, but I'm not going to predict doom and gloom again.

Or maybe I should. If the Sabres make the playoffs -- and it's still a big if -- they're four and out. :)

I can only speak for myself, but when the Bills and Sabres are struggling, I generally stay away from both TSW and TAC. It's too depressing; why put myself through that? I can see the product on the field/ice plainly enough, and don't need armchair experts reminding me how bad things are.

I stay away from TSW. Maybe visit it a few times a year to catch up on something.

I have a very predictable pattern here. When the Sabres win, I'm a posting. When they lose, I stay away. I absolutely love the +/- reactions on this board. I'm just not in the mood to read the board + or - after they lose. After they win again, I then go back and read about what was said during my off days.

So you are DeLuca's alter ego? :D

I just found it a touch ironic that folks comment on the Negative Superheroes being quiet during a winning run when the chearleaders did the same during the dismal months of October through January. And you admitted as much.

No attempt at a dig. Just an observation. Thread bleed over.

So you are DeLuca's alter ego? :D

I just found it a touch ironic that folks comment on the Negative Superheroes being quiet during a winning run when the chearleaders did the same during the dismal months of October through January. And you admitted as much.

No attempt at a dig. Just an observation. Thread bleed over.

Ahh, but the motivation is entirely different. I choose to stay away during bad times to avoid depressing myself. Why in the world would even the most negative of ninnies not want to share and enjoy the team's success? That's where we get psychological, my friend. ;)

Ahh, but the motivation is entirely different. I choose to stay away during bad times to avoid depressing myself. Why in the world would even the most negative of ninnies not want to share and enjoy the team's success? That's where we get psychological, my friend. ;)

But it's the definition of the word "success" that is the key to this discussion. If you define it as turning around an awful start to the season to squeak into the playoffs, only to be ousted in the first round, then post nothin' but sunshine and kittens to your hearts content. But we already saw that show last year. If your definition of success is a Stanley Cup (or at least a deep run at it), then of course your posts are going to be more negative (some might say realistic). I really have no problem with either view. I'm just tired of being told what to think.

Archived