Nine games, Six days

wjag

Who has the most points in the league since Feb 22?

Buffalo 30

Capitals 29

Canucks 28

:thumbsup:

Now that is a sweet looking, pinch me, stat.. It has been fun ever since Pegula lifted the pallor off of franchise.

Lundqvist is the principal reason I don't want the Rags in the playoffs. Goaltending is the great equalizer. Aside from the Rags and Bruins, there isn't another team in the East with a goaltender you "fear" -- and that includes Buffalo, coincidentally.

Pittsburgh.

And Cam Ward can be pretty stingy, too.

Now that is a sweet looking, pinch me, stat.. It has been fun ever since Pegula lifted the pallor off of franchise.

And just think, there are 3 god awful losses in there..The 7 game islanders debacle, the Leafs game from a few weeks ago, and the Nashville game.

Not counting the last Leaf game as i think the Sabres were outworked there and just had a couple breaks to even keep them close

His bet with DeLuca I believe.

Speaking of, anyone notice the inverse relationship between DeLuca posts and good Sabre news? When one goes up the other seems to go down. Oh well, I'm sure he'll be back to do his happy dance when we eventually lose in the playoffs. The Sabres are flawed and Team Pegula has lots of work to do this off-season. But for now let's give them props for pulling themselves out of the gutter and making the playoffs, despite all the premature declarations of doom.

PTR

Speakimg of, anyone notice the inverse relationship between DeLuca posts and good Sabre news? When one goes up the other seems to go down. Oh well, I'm sure he'll be back to do his happy dance when we eventually lose in the playoffs. The Sabres are flawed and Team Pegula has lots of work to do this off-season. But for now let's give them props for pulling themselves out of the gutter and making the playoffs, despite all the premature declarations of doom.

PTR

I think you're on to something here, PTR -- and I'm not specifically talking about DeLuca. It really does seem as though the sky-is-falling crowd is almost disappointed when the team does well. I've never understood it. You can recognize a team's flaws and still celebrate/enjoy their successes -- the two aren't mutually exclusive.

Oh well.

Speakimg of, anyone notice the inverse relationship between DeLuca posts and good Sabre news? When one goes up the other seems to go down. Oh well, I'm sure he'll be back to do his happy dance when we eventually lose in the playoffs. The Sabres are flawed and Team Pegula has lots of work to do this off-season. But for now let's give them props for pulling themselves out of the gutter and making the playoffs, despite all the premature declarations of doom.

PTR

I have noted this before. DeLuca swears that it is an innocent coincidence and I will take him at his word. (He's probably very active on Devils message boards right now.)

You think the Rags would give the high seeded teams a better fight than the Canes? Cam Ward is a strong goalie with a bunch of playoff experience, and the Canes have better firepower offensively IMO. If the Sabres were to play one in the playoffs, I'd pick the Rags as an opponent.

PTR

Oh, great. Another thread about DeLuca.

I think you're on to something here, PTR -- and I'm not specifically talking about DeLuca. It really does seem as though the sky-is-falling crowd is almost disappointed when the team does well.

This is just silly.

I've never understood it. You can recognize a team's flaws and still celebrate/enjoy their successes -- the two aren't mutually exclusive.

Oh well.

The only problem with this idea is that, around here, if you talk about the teams flaws, you are said to be in the sky-is-falling crowd.

PTR

So I guess the deal is, PA isn't allowed to crusade but PTR can?

Just askin'.

I think you're on to something here, PTR -- and I'm not specifically talking about DeLuca. It really does seem as though the sky-is-falling crowd is almost disappointed when the team does well. I've never understood it. You can recognize a team's flaws and still celebrate/enjoy their successes -- the two aren't mutually exclusive.

Oh well.

The uber-optimists were few and far between on SabreSpace in December too. Hmmm...........

Oh, great. Another thread about DeLuca.

This is just silly.

The only problem with this idea is that, around here, if you talk about the teams flaws, you are said to be in the sky-is-falling crowd.

BINGO, we have a winner folks step right up and receive your prize you negative Nancy. I spit in your eye swampboy :nana:

after every Sabres win. Give it a rest.

In fairness, Buffalo fans tend to gravitate toward eternal optimism as a coping mechanism, or eternal pessimism as a way to lower expectations, but labels are too freely thrown around whenever someone finds themselves in the minority about a particular point.

Lundqvist is the principal reason I don't want the Rags in the playoffs. Goaltending is the great equalizer. Aside from the Rags and Bruins, there isn't another team in the East with a goaltender you "fear" -- and that includes Buffalo, coincidentally.

I have no clue what a magic number is anymore but,bounce the Rags and Canes take the 8th seed. Just noticed Devils/Rags Saturday afternoon could starch the playoffs....I am sure the Devils would like nothing else than to bump them. Boston/Montreal first round would be great!

How bout the west; anyone else want to see the Blackhawks stay home?

It did read like an uncharitably gratuitous shot at him. Just sayin.

I'd agree to a certain extent.

after every Sabres win. Give it a rest.

If by "every win" you mean 3 times all season, then yes. Perhaps you need to lay off jumping on every one of my posts, speaking of giving things a rest.

Um, this was today.

Meanwhile GODD and PA are on their 200th rant. Jeez, two in one day? I'm a sociopath! :rolleyes:

PTR

And just think, there are 3 god awful losses in there..The 7 game islanders debacle, the Leafs game from a few weeks ago, and the Nashville game.

Not counting the last Leaf game as i think the Sabres were outworked there and just had a couple breaks to even keep them close

Do you mean the Leaves game in TO on 3/12? That wasn't really that awful. It was really annoying though.

Archived