Game Discussion Thread

spndnchz

You're kidding, right? Staal is at least 2x tougher than any of the Sabres top 6. I would trade Vanek and Roy for Staal in a heartbeat.

I would take Vanek over Staal, he take a beat down night after night and continues to set up his office in the slot......... :beer:

I would take Vanek over Staal, he take a beat down night after night and continues to set up his office in the slot......... :beer:

Respectfully, I don't think a single NHL GM would agree with you. Not one.

Staal has 5 seasons with 70+ pts. Vanek has 1 season with 65+ pts.

Staal is a center (and a true #1). Vanek is a wing.

Vanek does take a beating every night, for which he deserves credit. Staal both takes punishment and dishes plenty of it back out.

Staal is a team captain, with a Cup ring and an Olympic gold. Vanek finally became an alternate captain and hasn't accomplished anything.

It's not even close.

Vanek does take a beating every night, for which he deserves credit. Staal both takes punishment and dishes plenty of it back out.

Staal is a team captain, with a Cup ring and an Olympic gold. Vanek finally became an alternate captain and hasn't accomplished anything.

It's not even close.

I agree. Good assessment.

Don't know how I missed this:

Nice job.

Sabres vs. Canes Fan Guide

http://sabres.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=556007

Nice blurb about how Ennis is third in NHL rookie scoring with 43 points (17+26). He leads all NHL rookies with 13 multi-point games. The Sabres are 12-2-1 when he scores and 11-1-1 when he records two or more points. Ennis has more goals (17) than any Sabres rookie since Vanek scored 25 in 2005-06.

isnt weird that ennis is so good but no one talks about him for the calder? He could totally pull it off

It is unfortunate for Ennis that Jeff Skinner is having an outstanding year. There is no way he does not get the Calder.

I would trade anyone, maybe even two, on this team for one Eric Staal. He is the real deal...

isnt weird that ennis is so good but no one talks about him for the calder? He could totally pull it off

Right now he is behind Jeff Skinner (Canes) who has 24G 26A for 50 pts and

Logan Couture (Sharks) who has 26G 21A for 47pts.

If Ennis stays hot he has a chance of catching them. A strong Playoff performance who help his cause (unless they pick the Calder before then?) Should also note that Couture is +/- 15 while Skinner and Ennis are both -3, and that is with him playing in the stronger Conference. That being said, Skinner will probably still get it.

Don't know how I missed this:

Nice job.

Sabres vs. Canes Fan Guide

http://sabres.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=556007

Nice blurb about how Ennis is third in NHL rookie scoring with 43 points (17+26). He leads all NHL rookies with 13 multi-point games. The Sabres are 12-2-1 when he scores and 11-1-1 when he records two or more points. Ennis has more goals (17) than any Sabres rookie since Vanek scored 25 in 2005-06.

Ennis really does have a unique skill set. I enjoy watching him play and he doesn't (yet) have the propensity to turn the puck over like Max did. What a draft the Sabres had in 2008! Myers and Ennis appear to be possible franchise cornerstones and Luke Adam also appears to have some decent upside.

Right now he is behind Jeff Skinner (Canes) who has 24G 26A for 50 pts and

Logan Couture (Sharks) who has 26G 21A for 47pts.

If Ennis stays hot he has a chance of catching them. A strong Playoff performance who help his cause (unless they pick the Calder before then?) Should also note that Couture is +/- 15 while Skinner and Ennis are both -3, and that is with him playing in the stronger Conference. That being said, Skinner will probably still get it.

Good post.

Yep, it's picked by the Hockey Writers Association at the end of the regular season.

Ques que c'est, "DeLuca 500?" I'm guessing that he doesn't look at points earned/points available? He just counts wins and regulation losses? Anybody? Sorry for rehashing old stuff.

The DeLuca 500. That cracks me up for some reason. Is Dick Trickle racing in it?

GO SABRES!!!

Ques que c'est, "DeLuca 500?" I'm guessing that he doesn't look at points earned/points available? He just counts wins and regulation losses? Anybody? Sorry for rehashing old stuff.

The DeLuca 500. That cracks me up for some reason. Is Dick Trickle racing in it?

GO SABRES!!!

It's wins vs losses, without regard to whether the losses came in regulation, OT or shootout. How many games did the Sabres leave the building with a W, and how many did the other team leave with the W?

Old school.

It's wins vs losses, without regard to whether the losses came in regulation, OT or shootout. How many games did the Sabres leave the building with a W, and how many did the other team leave with the W?

Old school.

Thank-you sir. Interesting math.

GO SABRES!!!

Ennis really does have a unique skill set. I enjoy watching him play and he doesn't (yet) have the propensity to turn the puck over like Max did. What a draft the Sabres had in 2008! Myers and Ennis appear to be possible franchise cornerstones and Luke Adam also appears to have some decent upside.

Did ya know thy share the same apartment?

-tidbit

It's not even close.

To be fair, we really can't hold this one against Vanek.

Old school.

In theory a team could go 10-0-72 and make the playoffs with 92 pts even though they are 62 games under the DeLuca 500.

PTR

Archived