Game Discussion Thread

spndnchz

Here's a stats question - if you're in the box when a goal is scored against. Do you get a minus?

no nore does anyone on the ice for your team if you are on the pk or if you score on the pp you dont get a plus, you can get a minus if you let in a shorthander.

They are totally right! Sekera dived to the ice after the boston guy bashed his stick against his shins... EPIC FAIL BOSTON ANNOUNCERS EPIC FAIL!!!! :thumbdown:

Yes, he did trip him, but what happened to the unsportsmanlike diving call in this league? I can't remember the last time I saw it. Oh wait, NHL loves PPs.

Question about centerice...why are the HD broadcasts never the Sabres home feed? It is always the opponents feed in HD.

Man...I don't know why but I always get FOUR choices on Center Ice. Sabres: non-HD, HD Opponent: non-HD, HD. Why doesn't everyone else get these choices?

unless it is shorthanded. At least on the PS3 if you give up a shortie.

Thanks. Should have just looked it up to begin with...

With the exclusion of penalty shot goals, when an even-strength or shorthanded goal is scored, the plus-minus statistic is increased by one ("plus") for each player on the ice for the team scoring the goal: the plus-minus statistic is decreased by one ("minus") for each player on the ice for the other team on which the goal is scored.[1] The plus-minus statistic is not affected by power play goals. Also, whether or not the net is empty does not matter for purposes of plus-minus.

When teams are at even strength no matter what that is (5/5 4/4 ect.) whatever team scores everyone on the ice gets +1 and the opposite team gets -1. PP is the exception unless its shorthanded then you get -1 for allowing a shorthanded and the other guys get +1.

Archived