How do you feel about posts regarding impossible trades/RFA signings?

nfreeman

Legitimate hockey talk or annoying blather?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. We're all aware of the recent surge in posts saying "I know this won't happen, but..." and advocating trading for/signing Stamkos, Malkin, Kesler, Weber, Sharp, Couture, Pavelski, etc. How do you feel about these posts?

• Legitimate hockey talk
    • Far-fetched, but harmless and/or mildly enjoyable
    • So unrealistic and useless that these posts annoyingly clutter up whatever thread they're in, and I'm annoyed by new threads dedicated to them
    • So effing stupid that the posters in question should land in the slammer with toddkaz, the Brain and the other serial killers

OK, so I don't think we've seen a wave of "bring in unobtainable star player X" posts like this since the guy with the naked kid in his avatar pushed hard for Eric Staal before going AWOL and getting called on it. Sergeant York seems to have fully retreated, but his successors are advancing their agenda in seemingly every thread. I have been trying to fight the good fight on every beach and in every street but it's quite possible that I'm just being too uptight about this. Accordingly, I'd like to know whether there is a desire to continue to discuss the possibility of bringing in Malkin, Stamkos, Shea Weber, Kesler, Sharp, Couture, Pavelski, etc., to say nothing of where the Sabres should draw the line in negotiating the trade/contract, who the new guy's linemates will be, etc.

I would personally favor dedicating a separate thread to the pipe dream scenarios and that it be pinned as long as the purveyors of these theories confine these posts to that thread.

But it would be sweet to get Stamkos.

OK, so I don't think we've seen a wave of "bring in unobtainable star player X" posts like this since the guy with the naked kid in his avatar pushed hard for Eric Staal before going AWOL and getting called on it. Sergeant York seems to have fully retreated, but his successors are advancing their agenda in seemingly every thread. I have been trying to fight the good fight on every beach and in every street but it's quite possible that I'm just being too uptight about this. Accordingly, I'd like to know whether there is a desire to continue to discuss the possibility of bringing in Malkin, Stamkos, Shea Weber Kesler, Sharp, Couture, Pavelski, etc., to say nothing of where the Sabres should draw the line in negotiating the trade/contract, who the new guy's linemates will be, etc.

I would personally favor dedicating a separate thread to the pipe dream scenarios and that it be pinned as long as the purveyors of these theories confine these posts to that thread.

Yeah, it would, but what if the Sabres got Crosby and Fleury for Stafford, Gerbe, and a 1st round pick. That'd be bitchin'. B-)

Oh, back to your question. As long as they keep it to 1 or 2 threads, I see no problem w/ the odd Briere's coming back to Buffalo for Lalime post. If it shows up everywhere, it gets old.

Yeah, it would, but what if the Sabres got Crosby and Fleury for Stafford, Gerbe, and a 1st round pick. That'd be bitchin'. B-)

Oh, back to your question. As long as they keep it to 1 or 2 threads, I see no problem w/ the odd Briere's coming back to Buffalo for Lalime post. If it shows up everywhere, it gets old.

This is pretty much where I sit. My vote would have been somewhere between options 2 and 3 but lately I feel like I am repeatedly being hammered over the head with far-fetched scenarios that would require shipping a half-dozen 1st rounders, every good young player in the system, and the rights to the "birthplace of the chicken wing" moniker to get Stamkos. It's getting old fast.

Its fun to speculate, but also be realistic...

Do you HONESTLY think that Pit trades Crosby or Geno?

Do you HONESTLY think that TBL trades Stamkos?

and so on...

I think not...

I mean for Pit I could see Geno, but I highly doubt that; not gonna happen.

We'd give up soo much and get one player and maybe another prospect or pick.

Despite the .0001% chance of any of those guys getting moved; the posts do make me laugh and say "What was _____ thinking when they posted this?"

honestly they don't bother me at all. there's not really that much else to talk about besides A) what the sabres are doing now and B) what theyre going to do in the off-season... so who are you to decide who is and isn't a realistic possibility for the Sabres to go after this summer? i say let the posters post about whatever they want. if you think it's that dumb then explain to them why it's dumb or just ignore it like everyone does when I post up pro-Connolly propaganda

really we need a poll? If you do not like it dont read it but having a post where people can toss out there hopes for the future of pegulaville is awesome

Dude, he's having a little fun at your expense. Roll with it. Better yet, wait patiently for your opportunity and then zing him back when he least expects it.

We need more of these kind of threads. The posters get so long winded and the replies come fast and furious. Reading them helps drown out the voices in my head.

The voices make me do bad things. I don't like them very much.

We need more of these kind of threads. The posters get so long winded and the replies come fast and furious. Reading them helps drown out the voices in my head.

Trade the voices to Columbus for Rick Nash and its first-round pick in 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014.

I'm all about discussing roster moves(especially in the off-season), but I always try to be reasonable. Just because Pegula replaced OSP doesn't mean your off-season acquisitions go from Leopold & Morrison to Doughty & Keith.

That being said, its gone from annoying to mildly amusing.

Trade the voices to Columbus for Rick Nash and its first-round pick in 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014.

The voices say they don't like Columbus very much but they will waive their NTC to go to sunny Miami. Preferably for Stephen Weiss.

I blame the shingles.

This is pretty much where I sit. My vote would have been somewhere between options 2 and 3 but lately I feel like I am repeatedly being hammered over the head with far-fetched scenarios that would require shipping a half-dozen 1st rounders, every good young player in the system, and the rights to the "birthplace of the chicken wing" moniker to get Stamkos. It's getting old fast.

Well we'd still have the beef on weck, so I think I'd make that deal.

Dude, he's having a little fun at your expense. Roll with it. Better yet, wait patiently for your opportunity and then zing him back when he least expects it.

He should create a poll to see what we should do to people who create silly polls.

OK, so I don't think we've seen a wave of "bring in unobtainable star player X" posts like this since the guy with the naked kid in his avatar pushed hard for Eric Staal before going AWOL and getting called on it. Sergeant York seems to have fully retreated, but his successors are advancing their agenda in seemingly every thread. I have been trying to fight the good fight on every beach and in every street but it's quite possible that I'm just being too uptight about this. Accordingly, I'd like to know whether there is a desire to continue to discuss the possibility of bringing in Malkin, Stamkos, Shea Weber, Kesler, Sharp, Couture, Pavelski, etc., to say nothing of where the Sabres should draw the line in negotiating the trade/contract, who the new guy's linemates will be, etc.

FWIW, they're still here. Doesn't matter much to me if people want to dream a little. Posting it everywhere becomes agenda driven and downright boardsuckage. As for chiding them for the dream, you can't take it personally dude.

Now, enchilada 4 lunch.

I have unsubscribed from several threads and avoided the board because of the constant barrage of mindless blabbering about player x, y and z. If I wanted uninformed discussion about things that will never happen I would go to TBD. People stay and post here because of the intelligent discussion. Over the last several weeks there is far less of that, and the site is far less enjoyable.

Oh, and I am convinced that the Eric Staal pusher is back.

I have unsubscribed from several threads and avoided the board because of the constant barrage of mindless blabbering about player x, y and z. If I wanted uninformed discussion about things that will never happen I would go to TBD. People stay and post here because of the intelligent discussion. Over the last several weeks there is far less of that, and the site is far less enjoyable.

Oh, and I am convinced that the Eric Staal pusher is back.

Along those lines.......

I signed up here fairly early in the season. I used to be active on another board. It was an alright forum but the majority of posters were very young and very intolerant of contrary points of view. When two posters began publicly discussing rather juvenile PM's they exchanged with each other I decided I'd seen enough. Lurked on here awhile and decided it was a pretty knowledgeable group with a good tolerance for opposing views so I signed on.

The last few weeks have seen a change though. The more success the team has, the more new (and infrequent) posters show up and they seem to: A. lack in knowledge, B. are less interested in exploring opposing points of view, and C. are over the top with enthusiasm. It really has changed the environment in my limited time frame. I can see where an old timer would decide to stay away for a bit.

While we're at it. We would prefer you provide constructive criticism into making our site better.

1. Get Hank to post more.

2. Devise a way to prevent email notification of posts from blocked posters.

3. Devise a way to prevent quoted posts by blocked posters from appearing in threads.

4. Require an entrance exam.

5. Impose an age limit.

6. Live web cam views of the mods during their wild margarita parties.

Archived