How do you feel about posts regarding impossible trades/RFA signings?

nfreeman

Legitimate hockey talk or annoying blather?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. We're all aware of the recent surge in posts saying "I know this won't happen, but..." and advocating trading for/signing Stamkos, Malkin, Kesler, Weber, Sharp, Couture, Pavelski, etc. How do you feel about these posts?

• Legitimate hockey talk
    • Far-fetched, but harmless and/or mildly enjoyable
    • So unrealistic and useless that these posts annoyingly clutter up whatever thread they're in, and I'm annoyed by new threads dedicated to them
    • So effing stupid that the posters in question should land in the slammer with toddkaz, the Brain and the other serial killers

While we're at it. We would prefer you provide constructive criticism into making our site better.

Was that at me?

If so, an off topic area would be nice. And is there a particular reason that I can't post images in my posts, or am I doing it wrong?

Other than that, I think Korab had it covered with 4, 5, and 6.

Was that at me?

If so, an off topic area would be nice. And is there a particular reason that I can't post images in my posts, or am I doing it wrong?

Other than that, I think Korab had it covered with 4, 5, and 6.

No, the you was meant for everybody. The board evolves and changes, should b 4 the better.

[OT] used for anything off topic or non-Sabre related.

The image thing has never worked 4 some reason.

No, the you was meant for everybody. The board evolves and changes, should b 4 the better.

[OT] used for anything off topic or non-Sabre related.

The image thing has never worked 4 some reason.

I think there would be more off topic chatter and traffic if there was a dedicated area for it. I'd like to post more OT stuff but frankly, don't want to clutter up the Sabres talk (and don't want to see it cluttered up by others).

How are some of the others inserting images (carpandean's charts for example)?

I think there would be more off topic chatter and traffic if there was a dedicated area for it. I'd like to post more OT stuff but frankly, don't want to clutter up the Sabres talk (and don't want to see it cluttered up by others).

Use the full editor when u post. Under the posting box is "click to attach files". Click it.

Along those lines.......

I signed up here fairly early in the season. I used to be active on another board. It was an alright forum but the majority of posters were very young and very intolerant of contrary points of view. When two posters began publicly discussing rather juvenile PM's they exchanged with each other I decided I'd seen enough. Lurked on here awhile and decided it was a pretty knowledgeable group with a good tolerance for opposing views so I signed on.

The last few weeks have seen a change though. The more success the team has, the more new (and infrequent) posters show up and they seem to: A. lack in knowledge, B. are less interested in exploring opposing points of view, and C. are over the top with enthusiasm. It really has changed the environment in my limited time frame. I can see where an old timer would decide to stay away for a bit.

It's the Yogi Berra thing.

I used to not post very often because when I was critical of the team during their President's run, it got ugly. I've posted more in the last 6 months because all the bandwagoners were firmly off the wagon, and many of the intelligent posters who were management die hards softened their stance a bit and were more open to debate or even came to the dark side.

During the Pegulamania, the board had 2-4x it's normal traffic for a few weeks. It's still higher, but not as consistant.

We had a separate forum for that stuff a few years back. It never really got much traffic though and they got rid of it.

We had a separate forum for that stuff a few years back. It never really got much traffic though and they got rid of it.

I would never check a separate forum, but if it was a sub-forum shown on the aud club page, but a bit seperate, kind of like the pinned threads are, I would look.

DD - its not the volume of posters, it the quality. 500 posts of the same same stuff in every thread from one person in 2 weeks. It makes my head hurt.

every post a person makes ought to include new material. take for granted that everyone has read and knows your opinion or thoughts if you've already posted it/them. stating the same thing over and over and over is unnecessary and tedious.

...said the guy who whines about lists i made never getting comments.

I would never check a separate forum, but if it was a sub-forum shown on the aud club page, but a bit seperate, kind of like the pinned threads are, I would look.

DD - its not the volume, it the quality. 500 posts of the same same stuff in every thread in 2 weeks. It makes my head hurt.

If I remember correctly, it was just like the pinned threads. The OT forum appeared at the top of the page.

Pretty much any trade or free agent signing has been impossible the past 5 years, so I say, "Let them play!"

Yea, my wife and I post under the same account, and both she and I are guilty of responding to the Stamkos idea.

But it is all in good fun to be able to finally feel like something is possible now that Pegula owns the team.

I understand how many of the full time posters on here feel though. I still read alot of what you guys (and gals) post because it's some funny stuff.

Yea, my wife and I post under the same account, and both she and I are guilty of responding to the Stamkos idea.

But it is all in good fun to be able to finally feel like something is possible now that Pegula owns the team.

I understand how many of the full time posters on here feel though. I still read alot of what you guys (and gals) post because it's some funny stuff.

So which one of you is dumb and which is dumb88? ;)

So which one of you is dumb and which is dumb88? ;)

Hehe, she didn't like the name, our oldest boy chose it (need to have a little talk with him).

She's only posted 4 or 5 times, so most of it is me, but she is the bigger fan, no doubt.

But she does like the talk on FA's/RFA's and any possibilities. She just wants to see this team win and so do I.

Hehe, she didn't like the name, our oldest boy chose it (need to have a little talk with him).

She's only posted 4 or 5 times, so most of it is me, but she is the bigger fan, no doubt.

But she does like the talk on FA's/RFA's and any possibilities. She just wants to see this team win and so do I.

Being able to dream and actually having the possibility of some of those dreams to come true to some degree sure is a nice change for us Sabres fans.

Well, you're one of the chief purveyors of the theories that I find objectionable, but all the same, a hearty welcome to you and your wife, who is obviously a good Sabres fan.

Archived