How do you feel about posts regarding impossible trades/RFA signings?

nfreeman

Legitimate hockey talk or annoying blather?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. We're all aware of the recent surge in posts saying "I know this won't happen, but..." and advocating trading for/signing Stamkos, Malkin, Kesler, Weber, Sharp, Couture, Pavelski, etc. How do you feel about these posts?

• Legitimate hockey talk
    • Far-fetched, but harmless and/or mildly enjoyable
    • So unrealistic and useless that these posts annoyingly clutter up whatever thread they're in, and I'm annoyed by new threads dedicated to them
    • So effing stupid that the posters in question should land in the slammer with toddkaz, the Brain and the other serial killers

I would respectfully suggest that both of you should chill out a bit, ignore the teasing, keep the far-fetched trade/FA suggestions in the designated thread, and participate in the actual hockey talk. Both of you have produced hockey posts are quite good -- let's have more of those and less trying to get the last jab in.

I promise this is not a jab, but the July 1 thread was deleted. There is no place on this board for that talk anymore because people took the thread which they disapproved of and turned it into a dissertation on food. A moderator then locked and deleted it. There was good trade talk in there and viable points. I have no desire to get the last jab in on anything but if I am going to constantly have the gerbe thing thrown in my face along with trades and ideas I did not suggest (Kesler, Kane, Stamkos) but merely commented on, I will not be passive. I believe that if you wanted those words I quoted to be true you would have posted them to the people who have constantly berated anyone who has suggested anything outside of TC sucks and This team has issues. I participate quite calmly in hockey talk, which I find interesting. I act like a complete @ss on these threads because it is what the people who post on them want and deserve. I am honestly astounded that a thread entirely devoted to food is allowed to go unchecked but posting what do you think of stamkos is a deal breaker. This will be my last post on this thread because I believe you are right and Hockey talk is better. I hope you have good St. Pattys and I hope the sabres pull off a win tomorrow.

I promise this is not a jab, but the July 1 thread was deleted. There is no place on this board for that talk anymore because people took the thread which they disapproved of and turned it into a dissertation on food. A moderator then locked and deleted it. There was good trade talk in there and viable points. I have no desire to get the last jab in on anything but if I am going to constantly have the gerbe thing thrown in my face along with trades and ideas I did not suggest (Kesler, Kane, Stamkos) but merely commented on, I will not be passive. I believe that if you wanted those words I quoted to be true you would have posted them to the people who have constantly berated anyone who has suggested anything outside of TC sucks and This team has issues. I participate quite calmly in hockey talk, which I find interesting. I act like a complete @ss on these threads because it is what the people who post on them want and deserve. I am honestly astounded that a thread entirely devoted to food is allowed to go unchecked but posting what do you think of stamkos is a deal breaker. This will be my last post on this thread because I believe you are right and Hockey talk is better. I hope you have good St. Pattys and I hope the sabres pull off a win tomorrow.

I only have one thing to say...We had one of the Wegmans pre-cooked roasted chickens for dinner tonight. Outstanding value! :thumbsup:

I only have one thing to say...We had one of the Wegmans pre-cooked roasted chickens for dinner tonight. Outstanding value! :thumbsup:

It is good value if you're lazy as :censored: . Get yourself a couple of pounds of skinned breasts and a bottle of either Chiavetta's or Spiedies. Chunk 'em up and let 'em marinade for ~4 days; grill 'em; enjoy. :beer:

It'll cost you about 1/2 as much; taste 10X better; and you can even point out to your wife that she doesn't ALWAYS do the cooking. Which means you get to reply to that little "only once, and only after we're married;" w/ yeah, that's what I said about this too. ;)

There's supposed to be a Wegmans coming to MA a bit west of me in the next year or so. I can't wait. It'll be close enough to make it worth heading out there occasionally to pick up a 5 lb package of sahlen's hot dogs and throw them in the freezer.

There's supposed to be a Wegmans coming to MA a bit west of me in the next year or so. I can't wait. It'll be close enough to make it worth heading out there occasionally to pick up a 5 lb package of sahlen's hot dogs and throw them in the freezer.

I doubt you'll find them there. The Ra-cha-cha Wegmans don't carry them. Now if a Tops came your way, you'd be in luck. Could get hearts there as well. :thumbsup:

I would kill for a Wegman's to make its way to Cleveland. Closest we have is in Erie, PA. Every time we head back to NF (every 2-3 months or so to visit family) we bring a cooler and fill it with whatever we can't find here. Last summer we caught one of those big packs of Sahlen's on sale and grabbed that - I had Sahlen's hot dogs all summer long on the grill. It was awesome.

I would kill for a Wegman's to make its way to Cleveland. Closest we have is in Erie, PA. Every time we head back to NF (every 2-3 months or so to visit family) we bring a cooler and fill it with whatever we can't find here. Last summer we caught one of those big packs of Sahlen's on sale and grabbed that - I had Sahlen's hot dogs all summer long on the grill. It was awesome.

So far having Pegula as owner of the Sabres has been like living in an area where you can go to Wegman's whenever you want.

Archived