Game Discussion Thread

thesportsbuff

Lindy Ruff gives out ice time based on who earns it. <_<

Who did you want to get that ice time? A guy from Portland? The team is not deep at C right now, if you hadn't noticed. (Or maybe Niedermayer is your answer, but he's not mine, even though I'm glad to see the goals in back-to-back games.)

Didn't see much of the game, unfortunately. Or maybe fortunately. What I did see--the first period, including that great 5-on-3 kill--I liked.

Who did you want to get that ice time? A guy from Portland? The team is not deep at C right now, if you hadn't noticed. (Or maybe Niedermayer is your answer, but he's not mine, even though I'm glad to see the goals in back-to-back games.)

Didn't see much of the game, unfortunately. Or maybe fortunately. What I did see--the first period, including that great 5-on-3 kill--I liked.

Literally ANYONE ELSE. What is Connolly still doing on this team?

Sabres seemed to garner much of the play, but their shots kept getting blocked and centering passes always seemed to deflect off someone or a stick or skate...and the few good chances they did have, Fleury made a few nice saves. Just frustrating to see them keep getting beat by a team that would be in 10th or 11th place right now if they hadn't gotten off to such a good start.

Literally ANYONE ELSE. What is Connolly still doing on this team?

Believe me, I've been banging the "get rid of Connolly" drum longer than just about anyone, but there aren't enough centers on the team to take the ice time right now.

Sekera's streak died... :cry: Vanek should be made captain, like immediately, or else I am fooling myself in thinking he doesn't make the wheels on this bus go round. Tough loss, but hey we are still in 8th and have tomorrow to rest up and get people healthy so deep breath and let us see how this group responds. PS. Miller didn't suck so no more Enroth is our savior crap. Thank you this has been a public service announcement.

What does this team have against winning more than 2 games in a row? Granted, you could win the Stanley cup without ever winning even twice in a row, but it's amazing how poorly Buffalo has played after winning twice in a row. FWIW, their record in such instances is 1-5-4. One win in 10 tries.

Believe me, I've been banging the "get rid of Connolly" drum longer than just about anyone, but there aren't enough centers on the team to take the ice time right now.

I say this offseason he is done.

I think they keep him for his experience, b/c he can provide help to the younger guys..

But I want him gone as well too.

I say this offseason he is done.

I think they keep him for his experience, b/c he can provide help to the younger guys..

But I want him gone as well too.

Seriously, if they think he's helping anyone, they should all be fired tomorrow.

The only thing Connolly teaches anyone, is that a lazy attitude, coupled with an outrageous injury proneness gives you the big payday regardless.

Does he text chz while he's in there? I don't get it.

I can neither confirm nor deny receiving texts from players.

Harry: 200ft bonus

Rick: about 180ft

Which one is it??

Well, 200ft end to end but 20 feet less to the dot.

My post quality has always been lacking - that's why Chz never talks to me.

Hello.

You gotta give him kudos for even being out there, but maybe "Con"olly realizes that he is one concussion away from oblivion, and he's playing like it.

Why would I do that? He's being paid quite handsomely for skating around doing nothing.

Whatever the reason, he's playing like a bum who should've gone years ago.

Que the Connolly hate because the Sabres played bad. It was all his fault.

I was replying to a post saying he could teach the youngsters something.

I begged to differ.

Someone then mentioned he should be respected for just being out there.

Again, I begged to differ.

Now, if I had started a thread called "I hate Tim Connolly for losing against Pittsburgh last night", you might just have a point.

I was replying to a post saying he could teach the youngsters something.

I begged to differ.

Someone then mentioned he should be respected for just being out there.

Again, I begged to differ.

Now, if I had started a thread called "I hate Tim Connolly for losing against Pittsburgh last night", you might just have a point.

wasn't referring to just you, read the last two pages of the thread. nothing but "TIM CONNOLLY SUCKS" blah blah

wasn't referring to just you, read the last two pages of the thread. nothing but "TIM CONNOLLY SUCKS" blah blah

I thought Timmy played pretty well, again. My only complaint is that he is a little too stationary on the PP.

I thought Timmy played pretty well, again. My only complaint is that he is a little too stationary on the PP.

We all know Connolly is most likely a goner at the end of the season.

However, while he hasnt been scoring, he certainly has stepped up his defensive game, esp on the PK.

Some need to put aside the blind dislike for him and make an attempt to objectively assess his recent play. Its been pretty solid and i believe his ice time supports that notion. Your best players get more ice.

My bottom line on the game: Miller was terrific and the Sabres played hard but couldn't generate much if any scoring chances after the 1st period. Frankly, it reminded me of the Boston playoff series -- without Vanek, the so-called "top 6" just isn't good enough to generate offense against a tough, physical, well-coached, strong defensive team with good goaltending. (BTW this is further evidence that Pommer is a good complementary player but not a top-liner who can produce offense.) Lesson for the offseason: they still really need a true top-line forward.

I was kinda disappointed in how ineffective Boyes was.

These next 2 games vs Boston and the Leafs are suddenly looking a bit scary.

Gut-check time.

Most Sabre fans might not respect Tim, but you can see the respect league wide when he sets up near the half wall on the power play.

Archived