Game Discussion Thread

thesportsbuff

not blaming refs but seemed a little one sided

I'm just so fed up with the inconsistencies that plague this team. Sure Vanek, Hecht, Kaleta, and Grier were out but the rest of the team has no excuse for their tapper off performance during this game.

I hate lopsided reffing. Gave the game to Pitts... A few of those penalties were without insulting any particular religion... imagined.

And yet they missed Connolly opening up Staal.

Sabres just didn't have it. Took too many dumb penalties in their new house of horrors in Pittsburgh. Got no jump from the newcomers. Road trip might be starting to wear on them.

Throw it in the trash and move on, says Lindy. But I'm worried about that game in Toronto now.

On another front, Habs are kicking Bruin butt, 4-0

Chara thrown out for a very late, very dirty hit on Pachiorety, whose head was rammed into the stanchion between the benches. Looked like he was out cold and then carried off immobilized on a stretcher. Hope he's OK, and hope Chara gets suspended.

Wow, just saw the replay on VS. Nasty.

A lot of guys out there skating figure 8's - what happened to just getting the puck on net - the game winding down and they were looking for that perfect shot. That just doesn't happen with teams nursing a 2 point lead. Miller was solid, but we missed the leadership of Kaleta and Vanek doing the dirty work around Fleury. I thought Stafford had a solid game cycling the puck deep.

Ticky-tacky officiating I really hate watching games like that where it seems like we are on the kill all freakin game long, and we seem to run into that a lot when we play the Penguins on their ice... just say'n.

Another great game by Connolly - 19:36 ice time - 0G, 0A, 0SOG

The last stat is what is bothersome. He rarely looks to shoot anymore. I liken it to a point guard in basketball... he needs to shoot every once in a while, otherwise the opposing team will always play him to pass.

The last stat is what is bothersome. He rarely looks to shoot anymore. I liken it to a point guard in basketball... he needs to shoot every once in a while, otherwise the opposing team will always play him to pass.

Connolly is useless. With so many forwards out, this would have been the perfect time for him to step up and make a difference. And what did we get? No-look passes to no one and failed attempts to stickhandle through four defenders at once. He has the hockey acumen of someone who has never played before.

I didn't get a chance to read all the posts in this thread which I usually do get to do. So I hope I haven't just repeated things.

1) But it seems to me that Vanek has become the heart of this team. Without him they seemed to be asleep tonight.

2) To many needless penalties.

3) How many of our shots were blocked, Brutal.

4) I thought Miller was sharp tonight, a lot of bad breaks.

5) How did Parrish get on this team?

Archived