Golisano press conference

spndnchz

Why so much anticipation for Quinn & Golisano? Yeah you guys are gone, now what?

Now that the smoke has cleared, i think it's time for one final good bye. I know there are some people here who just want to stone these two guys, but i do believe that is the minority. They did save the team to remain in Buffalo and not only did they save us, they did many things that made us a viable team, yeah, changing jerseys didn't please many (if anyone) but they made lots of money on them. They did spend to the cap most of the time.

I mean, it's like having a hot girlfriend, but after few years, things start to go separate, you try to get more settled down with a full time job while she just wants to flirt and be the 21 year old party girl, you break up, and it sucks, you have a lot of hate towards her for the years you'll never have back but when you settle down with another girl, you just got to realize, it was pretty good with her, maybe just the sex, but it was a good, and you decide to remain friends, and get her back on as a facebook buddy.

I think most of the fans and media feels the same way. They saved the hockey club, they were not good owners and but do you guys remember the years prior to Golisano? I mean seriously? Empty arena. Cheap tickets and still 9,000 fans. If that. Bad hockey players, very low payroll, i think someone mentioned we had a $29 million payroll when Golisano took over. Our brand new arena sucked.

They came in, spend money on talent, spend money on improvement of locker room, spend money on ribbon board, spend money on the on ice projector (which they must of sold cuz i havn't seen it in a while lol), spend money on new TV Screens for the arena. (You guys remember the terrible TV screens prior to Golisano??!!?!), they added the Aud Club and several other clubs inside the arena. We went to the Eastern conference finals and won the President's trophy under them.

Haters will be haters, but Golisano and Quinn not only saved the team from possibly leaving, but they made them a viable team and brought their popularity back. Don't over look that.

So, i for one, am looking to seeing them say their good byes.

Now that the smoke has cleared, i think it's time for one final good bye. I know there are some people here who just want to stone these two guys, but i do believe that is the minority. They did save the team to remain in Buffalo and not only did they save us, they did many things that made us a viable team, yeah, changing jerseys didn't please many (if anyone) but they made lots of money on them. They did spend to the cap most of the time.

I mean, it's like having a hot girlfriend, but after few years, things start to go separate, you try to get more settled down with a full time job while she just wants to flirt and be the 21 year old party girl, you break up, and it sucks, you have a lot of hate towards her for the years you'll never have back but when you settle down with another girl, you just got to realize, it was pretty good with her, maybe just the sex, but it was a good, and you decide to remain friends, and get her back on as a facebook buddy.

I think most of the fans and media feels the same way. They saved the hockey club, they were not good owners and but do you guys remember the years prior to Golisano? I mean seriously? Empty arena. Cheap tickets and still 9,000 fans. If that. Bad hockey players, very low payroll, i think someone mentioned we had a $29 million payroll when Golisano took over. Our brand new arena sucked.

They came in, spend money on talent, spend money on improvement of locker room, spend money on ribbon board, spend money on the on ice projector (which they must of sold cuz i havn't seen it in a while lol), spend money on new TV Screens for the arena. (You guys remember the terrible TV screens prior to Golisano??!!?!), they added the Aud Club and several other clubs inside the arena. We went to the Eastern conference finals and won the President's trophy under them.

Haters will be haters, but Golisano and Quinn not only saved the team from possibly leaving, but they made them a viable team and brought their popularity back. Don't over look that.

I'm grateful to T.G. for saving hockey in Buffalo and bringing the sabres back from bankruptcy etc. but this change in ownership is overdue so to Tommy G I say thanks for the memories, now get outta town.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yb2NW3QfonI&feature=related

Now that's a run on sentence... :-)

Why so much anticipation for Quinn & Golisano? Yeah you guys are gone, now what?

I'm hoping we can get some details of the deal--the most important one being the anticipated date of closing.

And I don't dislike Golisano that much. He did step up and buy the team when we fans desperately needed a buyer.

A very fair and for all I know accurate article. That said, I'm seriously happy that new ownership is here and hopeful that it lives up to all the expectations we have for the change (finding out that Regier was given a secret extension was not the way I wanted it to start off - I hope we find out soon about his move to the scouting department).

Sounds like Larry's out and Dan may be staying. Most probably don't know Dan, as he likes to keep a lower profile, but I can say that keeping him on is not a bad idea, even if just in transition. He's responsible for a lot the behind-the-scenes things that keeping the franchise running.

Archived