GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Stafford's back tonight. On a line with Adam and Pommers. Drew's playing left wing.

They say they worked a lot on the transition game, we'll see eh.

gereb is up with Roy and Vanek. IMO it's the kids last chance before he goes back to Portland when the team's healthy.

Stafford's back tonight. On a line with Adam and Pommers. Drew's playing left wing.

gereb is up with Roy and Vanek. IMO it's the kids last chance before he goes back to Portland when the team's healthy.

Couldn't find another right winger to put in place of ADAM ? LINDY's really trying hard to get GERBE a goal.

Couldn't find another right winger to put in place of ADAM ? LINDY's really trying hard to get GERBE a goal.

Not for nothing, but Adam is a center. But yes, Lindy is trying very hard to get Gerbe a goal. Gerbe has been playing hard, and isn't hurting the team. He is a persistent forechecker with a physical edge despite his height. BUT he needs to start putting the puck in the net.

Ya seriously, I have not been impressed with Adam one bit. He's big but being a typical Sabre doesn't use his size to his advantage. Also, notice how many times the puck bounces off his stick. My five year old niece has better stickhandling skills then him.

Oh yeah, the Sabres. Can't we just fast forward until the sale is final and Pegula is introduced at the arena to a rip-roaring standing ovation -- the first day of the rest of our Sabres lives?

That's kind of where I'm at. The Sabres aren't making the playoffs. We're kind of in hockey purgatory right now.

Not for nothing, but Adam is a center.

I think his point was that the other two are right wingers, so it would have been a whole line of RW's if he had found another to put out in place of Adam. You have two RW's on one line and two traditionally LW's (Gerbe and Vanek) on another, though I prefer Vanek on the right.

Not for nothing, but Adam is a center. But yes, Lindy is trying very hard to get Gerbe a goal. Gerbe has been playing hard, and isn't hurting the team. He is a persistent forechecker with a physical edge despite his height. BUT he needs to start putting the puck in the net.

I agree, and he needs a shot on a scoring line, but I don't like having Ennis wasted on a line with Kaleta - I'd rather see Stafford there and Ennis with Pommers. Who knows, might get my wish if things don't click in the first.

Going tonight. Tempted to make a Pegula sign. Maybe "I :wub: Terry"?

Nice, this guy seems like he'd be a dream owner. I hope to see a few signs in the crowd and possibly even a chant going. We need him to know that we want him BADLY as an owner. Is it me with the man crush?

Why the F is Ennis being demoted?? He is the ONLY positive out of this crap start.

I wish everyone was as excited for tonights game as they were for two guys who weren't available for comment.

I'm really looking forward to seeing tonights lines. The RGV and SAP lines holds some interest for me. I actually think Ennis with Kaleta is going to be fun to watch.

Oh yeah, the Sabres. Can't we just fast forward until the sale is final and Pegula is introduced at the arena to a rip-roaring standing ovation -- the first day of the rest of our Sabres lives?

That's kind of where I'm at. The Sabres aren't making the playoffs. We're kind of in hockey purgatory right now.

Although I am not quite as doom and gloom, this is how I feel right now...It is almost as though I will be fine with a bad season AS LONG as the Pegula guy comes here. Tonight's game is the first in a while where I really feel disinterested. They need to win tonight and tomorrow to at least give the sense that there is hope - a split does nothing in my book.

Ya seriously, I have not been impressed with Adam one bit. He's big but being a typical Sabre doesn't use his size to his advantage. Also, notice how many times the puck bounces off his stick. My five year old niece has better stickhandling skills then him.

Give the kid some time, he's got some serious potential. He'll battle in front of the net, work hard along the boards and he has hands to boot.

Buffalo is on pace for 69 points. Sadly, 4 teams are on pace for even worse. Atlanta is on pace for the 8th spot at 91 points. You could look at it as Buffalo needs to make up 22 points, since they need to do at least as well as Atlanta before they can begin to gain ground on them.

FWIW, this is what each team is on pace for:

Team         Pts  Wins
Washington   115  55
Pittsburgh   109  52
Montreal     107  50
Philadelphia 107  47
Boston       103  48
Tampa Bay    98   44
NY Rangers   94   46
Atlanta      91   41
Carolina     79   34
Ottawa       73   35
Buffalo      69   30
Florida      68   34
Toronto      68   27
New Jersey   59   26
NY Islanders 53   18

I agree, and he needs a shot on a scoring line, but I don't like having Ennis wasted on a line with Kaleta - I'd rather see Stafford there and Ennis with Pommers. Who knows, might get my wish if things don't click in the first.

You might get your wish if things don't click after the first shift.

Wow Armeggedon must be neigh because I am agreeing with more of your posts then ever.

Although I am not quite as doom and gloom, this is how I feel right now...It is almost as though I will be fine with a bad season AS LONG as the Pegula guy comes here. Tonight's game is the first in a while where I really feel disinterested. They need to win tonight and tomorrow to at least give the sense that there is hope - a split does nothing in my book.

Ditto that

Buffalo is on pace for 69 points. Sadly, 4 teams are on pace for even worse. Atlanta is on pace for the 8th spot at 91 points. You could look at it as Buffalo needs to make up 22 points, since they need to do at least as well as Atlanta before they can begin to gain ground on them.

FWIW, this is what each team is on pace for:

Team         Pts  Wins
Washington   115  55
Pittsburgh   109  52
Montreal     107  50
Philadelphia 107  47
Boston       103  48
Tampa Bay    98   44
NY Rangers   94   46
Atlanta      91   41
Carolina     79   34
Ottawa       73   35
Buffalo      69   30
Florida      68   34
Toronto      68   27
New Jersey   59   26
NY Islanders 53   18

Good post and points. Thing that also frosts me flakes specifically about Atlanta is that the GM and coach are two candidates that I liked for BfLo and would have been great choices for a new owner.

That said even w/o your astute analysis above I was going to say that we are so far behind in the race we cannot even see the other tail lights. This team needs to go on a prolonged winning streak starting now or I completely agree with PASabrefan that the playoffs are already out of the question and then I am going to just move my things into the bomb shelter now thank you. Best thing about that is no television.

Seriously, wouldn't the best thing right now be for the Sabres to tank and get the top pick in the draft? Hell, maybe current ownership and management are shrewder (not the dude in Boston) than we think, and that was the plan all along, knowing that a new regime was coming in.

Edit: This could virtually be sealed by telling Ryan Miller to take it easy and get healthy for next season.

Seriously, wouldn't the best thing right now be for the Sabres to tank and get the top pick in the draft? Hell, maybe current ownership and management are shrewder (not the dude in Boston) than we think, and that was the plan all along, knowing that a new regime was coming in.

Edit: This could virtually be sealed by telling Ryan Miller to take it easy and get healthy for next season.

That guy's an ass.

Anyway, it figures that they would have this near week off and then immediately return to the ice while I'll be at a pair of BU-BC games. The last time I went longer than a week without watching a Sabres game was this crappy time of the year known as the offseason.

Archived