The Walking Dead

deluca67

Dang it, you guys are making me think about this too much. But you're both right. I know there's a history of leaving people behind (Merle, Andrea), but I just can't understand why they'd assume Carol was dead. No search?

The timeline on these things is always tough to tell since we're watching them 7 days apart. It seemed like this one took place almost immediately after the previous episode ended. Darryl decided quickly to take off to save the baby. He and Rick were the ones who said Carol was dead last week, so everyone else has to reason to doubt that.

And speaking of Darryl, it was good to see how quickly he took charge. They've built one hell of a character right there.

Now things are heating up. Merle has hostages from the group. Darrel is with Ricks group as is Michonne whom the Gov. thinks is dead based on Merles reporting. Carol is alive. This is getting really good.

And if you cover yourself with zombie guts you can walk freely among them..

I get the feeling Glen won't be around much longer.

I'm really starting to like the dynamic between Merle and the Governor. It's like you don't know who the real bad guy is there. Sure the Governor is crazy, but he really hasn't done all that much bad stuff so far, other than the national guard massacre. And now we have Merle lying to him and killing his own men just to strengthen his own position. That's obviously going to blow up in his face soon enough, but I guess it leaves him a window for siding with Darryl and Rick once the Governor realizes Machonne is still alive.

I also like how they quickly explained away how the Governors group would not be aware that the prison is a realistic option. Merle wouldn't go any further and move into the "red zone". So they have a boundary of how far they are willing to go without getting into a too heavily populated zombie area.

So next week is looking pretty good huh?

One thing I really enjoyed about last night's show was how this group has become so close. Rick didn't have to say a word and Carol knew exactly what happened to Lori.

So close. No one had to apologize to Carol, either, for leaving her in the prison, with no evidence she was dead.

I've been on the fence on this show since they met Hershel. Last night tipped me away from really wanting to keep watching. The scene with the governor and Maggie was distasteful, gratuitous. What did it add? We knew the governor was a bastard already. There are just too many other outstanding shows to choose from. Dead has never recaptured the magic of season one for me. Plus, Lindy sucks.

So close. No one had to apologize to Carol, either, for leaving her in the prison, with no evidence she was dead.

I've been on the fence on this show since they met Hershel. Last night tipped me away from really wanting to keep watching. The scene with the governor and Maggie was distasteful, gratuitous. What did it add? We knew the governor was a bastard already. There are just too many other outstanding shows to choose from. Dead has never recaptured the magic of season one for me. Plus, Lindy sucks.

I'm not out yet. That scence of leaving Glen with the walker was pretty intense. Sure seems like next week is going to be cataclysmic... But...... I completely agree that the scene with Maggie did nothing for the show. The scene in the guys house also was a bit cheesy. Running for their lives, let's slip out the back door cause walkers only come to the front door... They are spending more time on the governor's character than seemingly anyone else. The portrait they paint is all over the place. Too many loose threads surrounding him for my liking.

Come on P.A., distasteful ? We still don't know what the Gov. is really all about in respect to his character because they've revealed it in increments. This just adds another layer. He'll obviously not only stick the fork in but twist it to get what he wants. And really, what is it about threatening the farm girl by humiliating her that you can't see on those other shows that are on ? T.V. is currently full of gratuity no matter where you turn. This is a zombie series where killing and violence are the expected norm. Why not a little sex ? I still look forward to the next show every week on this one.

I'm not out yet. That scence of leaving Glen with the walker was pretty intense. Sure seems like next week is going to be cataclysmic... But...... I completely agree that the scene with Maggie did nothing for the show. The scene in the guys house also was a bit cheesy. Running for their lives, let's slip out the back door cause walkers only come to the front door... They are spending more time on the governor's character than seemingly anyone else. The portrait they paint is all over the place. Too many loose threads surrounding him for my liking.

The one thing that keeps coming to my mind while watching all of this is that neither group is good or bad. They've all done horrible things to keep their groups together. The only difference between Rick and the Governor is that we've been following Rick right from the start.

distasteful? I honestly don't think so. I think it was a good depiction of a manipulative man trying to get what he wanted out of a stereotypical country farm girl. Nothing was working for him, which led him to pull the gun in the room with the both of them there. I found it interesting.

I cannot wait for next week's episode. This show keeps me coming back for more.

This show has the stench of writers and producers who didn't expect the series to make it to season 3.

This show has the stench of writers and producers who didn't expect the series to make it to season 3.

Perhaps but you figure the zombie apocalypse has a shelf life. As woodberry's scientist said, the zombies starve too, they just do it much slower. With a dwindling food source (people turning or getting eaten) the zombies aren't goin to perpetuate their "species". It's just a matter of surviving long enough. We'll see if the series goes down that road (I don't know where the 'graphic novels' :rolls eyes: went).

Edited by inkman

Perhaps but you figure the zombie apocalypse has a shelf life. As woodberry's scientist said, the zombies starve too, they just do it much slower. With a dwindling food source (people turning or getting eaten) the zombies aren't goin to perpetuate their "species". It's just a matter of surviving long enough. We'll see if the series goes down that road (I don't know where the 'graphic novels' :rolls eyes: went).

But then someone in your camp has an unexpected heart attack in the middle of the night and is a zombie the next morning. In the world they've created here, the threat never goes away permanently. I'd imagine the ones walking around could find enough food over a long period of time with all the wild animals wondering around. The zombies would never completely wipe out their supply of animals to feed on.

But then someone in your camp has an unexpected heart attack in the middle of the night and is a zombie the next morning. In the world they've created here, the threat never goes away permanently. I'd imagine the ones walking around could find enough food over a long period of time with all the wild animals wondering around. The zombies would never completely wipe out their supply of animals to feed on.

Good point. Maybe that's where Judith, formerly known as asskicker, may become important. If she's tested negative for the virus(?) then the zombies could be irradicated if weapons of mass destruction are used. Probably over thinking this a wee bit. I can't see them going all Lost on us and creating these never ending scenarios. Maybe they'll just kill everybody off.

Good point. Maybe that's where Judith, formerly known as asskicker, may become important. If she's tested negative for the virus(?) then the zombies could be irradicated if weapons of mass destruction are used. Probably over thinking this a wee bit. I can't see them going all Lost on us and creating these never ending scenarios. Maybe they'll just kill everybody off.

Whenever the show ends, it's going to end in death. There is no happy ending here.

I'm really starting to like the dynamic between Merle and the Governor. It's like you don't know who the real bad guy is there. Sure the Governor is crazy, but he really hasn't done all that much bad stuff so far, other than the national guard massacre. And now we have Merle lying to him and killing his own men just to strengthen his own position. That's obviously going to blow up in his face soon enough, but I guess it leaves him a window for siding with Darryl and Rick once the Governor realizes Machonne is still alive.

It's definitely possible that Merle switches sides, but if I had to put money on it, I'd say that Daryl ends up killing his own brother to save his group, although initially I thought it would be Michonne who would eventually take him out.

Just one of those things you notice....

Last scene before commercial break shows walkers eating the guts of the home owner on the porch. First commercial is for Kentucky Fried Chicken. :wacko:

I'm flashing back to that heaping, steaming mess of a chicken-gravy-n-taters-n-corn bowl KFC advertised a lot during one of those Sabres playoff runs. The sight of it helped to break the tension.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.