The Walking Dead

deluca67

I've gone on record as saying that one of the reasons I like the show is they kill off the cast. Killing Shane off was a risky move for them. He had one of the most compelling characters. They could have done so much more good/bad/evil with him. Must have demanded too much money for a 3rd season. Based on the number of zombies in the woods, my guess is they are going to have to flee the house. Just no way to protect yourself from that many.

And oh,, when are they going to run out of gasoline for their vehicles?

And oh yeah.. That scene where Rick is doing Dale's eulogy claiming they were going to honor him by being more civilized was classic. He's saying they are going to be better and interspersed with his speech are images of his clan pitchforking zombies was right out of the God Father. These last few weeks have been real strong.

The wife said shane was going to kill rick and I had a feeling this would go down like this with shane underestimating rick because of ricks quick thinking in the bar scene. Glad to see him done. Interesting factoid revealed about how zombies don't necessarily have to be bit to be infected and become Zombies. This changes everything. Next week should be epic.

I think there was "zombie blood/juice" still on the handcuffs and Ricks knife. So when that kid made himself bleed, he infected himself. Also when Rick gutted Shane, i'm assuming the knife Rick used was also infected from killing walkers and inturn infected Shane.

Edited by Freakpop

So when do we find out that the virus was sent down by aliens trying to depopulate the world of humans so they can colonize? :)

Actually the guy has said that they will never address it in the series. Just keep on guessin'.

And someone said it up-thread, yes, the living are The Walking Dead.

I think there was "zombie blood/juice" still on the handcuffs and Ricks knife. So when that kid made himself bleed, he infected himself. Also when Rick gutted Shane, i'm assuming the knife Rick used was also infected from killing walkers and inturn infected Shane.

Think back to the two dead cops when they tried to ditch the kid the first time. They weren't bit but looked infected. Whatever they caught came from there, Rick, Shane, and the "other" Kid obviously weren't sick like the guy they left by the side of the road in Season 1 (I think his name was Jim)

Keep in mind that Shane cut his own hand in a previous episode with a knife that he had just a few scenes previously used to debrain a zombie...........

So like someone said up thread you can carry the virus from a scratch ect. but it won't actually show itself till you die then it re-animates you as a zombie. Makes sense.

Just watched the last episode and they're setting up season 3 quite nicely. On talking dead they admit they are introducing a new female character played by a black actress. She was the biggest teaser of the last episode season 2 when she appeared out of nowhere to save Andrea. She of the hood and the armless zombie slaves. Muhahahaha ! Can't wait for season 3. The fall seems so far away.

Edited by bunomatic

Just watched the last episode and they're setting up season 3 quite nicely. On talking dead they admit they are introducing a new female character played by a black actress. She was the biggest teaser of the last episode season 2 when she appeared out of nowhere to save Andrea. She of the hood and the armless zombie slaves. Muhahahaha ! Can't wait for season 3. The fall seems so far away.

Nice shot of "The Prison" at the end. I can't wait for Season 3.

So that was by far the best episode yet. So nitpicking it seems wrong. But..... What I didn't like was that hokiness with the lady in black with two zombies on a chain. That almost has the impact of cheapening this to a b-rated film on the SCF-FY channel. They were cruising along just fine. They don't need that crap to start another story line.

And finally... they ran out of gas.... I'm still amazed they killed off Shane..

What a fantastic series....

Edited by wjag

Here's how you know this isn't a great show: I watched Season 1, skipped ALL of season 2, and then came back in for the S2 finale and it didn't feel like I'd missed anything. Basically it took me a couple minutes to figure out what had happened in the previous 12 episodes.

I enjoyed all the zombie killing in the first half of the episode, but I'm still not sure what the plan was. They see a few thousand zombies bearing down on their farm and decide to drive around in circles shooting at them? Even discounting that these characters can miraculously score perfect headshots from moving vehicles on un-even terrain, I don't see how that was supposed to work. (It didn't.)

I like the way Rick kills Shane in self-defense but somehow picks the single worst way to explain that to the rest of the group: "I KILLED HIM! I WANTED TO DO IT!!!! HE KEPT PUSHING ME!!!!!! SO I KILLED HIM!!!!!!1! ......oh, and by the way he pulled a gun on me and said his plan was to kill me and then steal my family......but.....anyways....... I KILLED HIM!!!"

Introducing a new character who has a samurai sword and slave zombies is a little rough too. They couldn't figure out a way to tell an interesting story in a post-apocalyptic world full of zombies without resorting to cartoonish gimmick characters?

Here's how you know this isn't a great show: I watched Season 1, skipped ALL of season 2, and then came back in for the S2 finale and it didn't feel like I'd missed anything. Basically it took me a couple minutes to figure out what had happened in the previous 12 episodes.

*shrug* sure you can figure out what happened but to me the it's all in the journey of how they got there and there was some signifcant shifts in personality that happened in thous 12 episodes.

I enjoyed all the zombie killing in the first half of the episode, but I'm still not sure what the plan was. They see a few thousand zombies bearing down on their farm and decide to drive around in circles shooting at them? Even discounting that these characters can miraculously score perfect headshots from moving vehicles on un-even terrain, I don't see how that was supposed to work. (It didn't.)

The drive by headshooting and the seemingly 300 capacity Herschel shotgun irked me. They should had them form a line along the fence and shot them. It woulda been more beleiveable. But thous things always happen in film/tv so whatever I can live with it.

Introducing a new character who has a samurai sword and slave zombies is a little rough too. They couldn't figure out a way to tell an interesting story in a post-apocalyptic world full of zombies without resorting to cartoonish gimmick characters?

I haven't gotten around to reading them (yet) but keep in mind this show is based off a graphic novel. cartoonish gimmick characters are kinda par for the course imo. Besides if your living in a world where only head trauma kills the things trying to eat you a nice long sword seems like a perfect weapon to me

I like the way Rick kills Shane in self-defense but somehow picks the single worst way to explain that to the rest of the group: "I KILLED HIM! I WANTED TO DO IT!!!! HE KEPT PUSHING ME!!!!!! SO I KILLED HIM!!!!!!1! ......oh, and by the way he pulled a gun on me and said his plan was to kill me and then steal my family......but.....anyways....... I KILLED HIM!!!"

The lady with the hood and the 2 armless zombie slaves is straight out of the comic book series. This is an escape from reality not reality so don't ask for reality in a zombie series. Sorry. It don't exist.

So that was by far the best episode yet. So nitpicking it seems wrong. But..... What I didn't like was that hokiness with the lady in black with two zombies on a chain. That almost has the impact of cheapening this to a b-rated film on the SCF-FY channel. They were cruising along just fine. They don't need that crap to start another story line.

And finally... they ran out of gas.... I'm still amazed they killed off Shane..

What a fantastic series....

Again as they said last night on talking dead the new hooded character is straight out of the comic series and apparently she is one of the most popular characters. Staying true to the comics the series is based on doesn't make the series hokie.Imo.

The lady with the hood and the 2 armless zombie slaves is straight out of the comic book series. This is an escape from reality not reality so don't ask for reality in a zombie series. Sorry. It don't exist.

Obviously a show about zombies is going to take some liberties with realism but they can tell some interesting stories without getting too silly. The single most intense part of the show on Sunday (and maybe the entire series) was Andrea stumbling through the woods, possibly surrounded, and with no discernible escape route. The other best part of the show was in the first episode when Rick was hiding in the house with the father and son and they heard a car alarm go off, attracting other zombies until the house was completely surrounded.

The show, and any zombie movie, is at its best when it sticks to scenarios you could easily imagine yourself in in a zombie apocalypse. You don't need to fill the show with gimmicks.

On the other hand, given how much trouble the writers have writing for non-zombie characters, I'm not surprised they're going in this direction.

The show, and any zombie movie, is at its best when it sticks to scenarios you could easily imagine yourself in in a zombie apocalypse. You don't need to fill the show with gimmicks.

That bolded part may be the most ludicrous thing I've ever read. I just wish I could highlight it in plaid.

That bolded part may be the most ludicrous thing I've ever read. I just wish I could highlight it in plaid.

So you've never imagined how it would all play out for you if there ever was a zombie situation? Isn't there an industry built around people doing that? Books, video games, movies, TV shows.......yeah, I can see how that would be completely ludicrous given the billions of dollars people are making from that. <_<

So you've never imagined how it would all play out for you if there ever was a zombie situation? Isn't there an industry built around people doing that? Books, video games, movies, TV shows.......yeah, I can see how that would be completely ludicrous given the billions of dollars people are making from that. <_<

World War Z by Max Brooks is a great read and tells the story of people who survived a zombie apocalypse. Not just individuals but also a military and governmental perspective.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.