Around the NHL 2010-2011

spndnchz

I think it's more of a hick thing as opposed to a city thing. That said, since all Canadians are hicks,.. yes, it's a Canadian thing.

Being from Buffalo, I consider myself half Canadian and half Polish (and a hick). So I, too, use horse$#!#.

All Canadians are hicks? Seriously?

I say bullshite, never horse. I'm a Canadian and I'm no hick.

A stat line you don't see very often

Clarke MacArthur vs. Nash 0g 3a 3pts -4

haha I know right. I can't believe they won the game. I was flipping back and forth between that game and the Habs/Flyers until Erat scored to make it 3-0 Nashville and i honestly thought it was going to be one of those 7-1 games. The second goal was a brutal giveaway by MacArthur and the 3rd goal was a even worse give away by Grabovski. But, Nashville played very undisciplined with the lead, took 6 penalties in the 2nd period and Leafs PP was on top of their game tonight.

haha I know right. I can't believe they won the game. I was flipping back and forth between that game and the Habs/Flyers until Erat scored to make it 3-0 Nashville and i honestly thought it was going to be one of those 7-1 games. The second goal was a brutal giveaway by MacArthur and the 3rd goal was a even worse give away by Grabovski. But, Nashville played very undisciplined with the lead, took 6 penalties in the 2nd period and Leafs PP was on top of their game tonight.

He had a great and then brutal night. :lol:

Surprised nobody has posted this yet. First trade of the season:

From Calgary:

Ian White and Brett Sutter

From Carolina:

Anton Babchuck and Tom Kostopoulos

Pretty weird for a dad to trade his son away, but, Brett Sutter is obviously having off-ice issues after punching a cab driver and starting a bar fight, gets another chance. His cousin plays in Carolina so he'll have someone to keep him in check. Also, per Bob McKenzie, this trade was agreed upon before the fight, the Flames did give Canes the chance to pull out if they wanted to after hearing about the fight and the Canes just now got back to Calgary. Not sure i truly believe that though.

Just heard a great interview on the FAN with a reporter that got his press pass revoked by the Islanders (no wonder they don't ask the hard questions). I caught it after they said why he was banned, but there was some other stuff he said that was pretty interesting.

He said that Charles Wong has lost between 15 and 20 million dollars every year he has owned the team. Oof. The other crazy thing was that they actually have Yashin's and DiPietro's cap hit still on the payroll so that they can stay above the league minimum payroll.

Makes me glad I'm a Sabres fan. It also makes me think that they are another team that would move to another city before the Sabres ever did.

Just heard a great interview on the FAN with a reporter that got his press pass revoked by the Islanders (no wonder they don't ask the hard questions). I caught it after they said why he was banned, but there was some other stuff he said that was pretty interesting.

He said that Charles Wong has lost between 15 and 20 million dollars every year he has own the team. Oof. The other crazy thing was that they actually have Yashin's and DiPietro's cap hit still on the payroll so that they can stay above the league minimum payroll.

Makes me glad I'm a Sabres fan. It also makes me think that they are another team that would move to another city before the Sabres ever did.

The Sabres aren't moving anywhere.

He said that Charles Wong has lost between 15 and 20 million dollars every year he has owned the team. Oof. The other crazy thing was that they actually have Yashin's and DiPietro's cap hit still on the payroll so that they can stay above the league minimum payroll.

Why wouldn't DiPietro's cap hit still count?

Yashin was bought out. It's not the Islanders choice to keep his cap hit on the payroll.

Is this the guy: http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Islanders-pull-popular-blogger-s-credentials-to-?urn=nhl-287090

Why wouldn't DiPietro's cap hit still count?

Yashin was bought out. It's not the Islanders choice to keep his cap hit on the payroll.

I don't know about Yashin, and I'm sure chz or shrader would know for sure, but couldn't they put DiPietro on LTIR then it wouldn't count toward the cap? I think Philly did something like that last year.

That's him.

I don't know about Yashin, and I'm sure chz or shrader would know for sure, but couldn't they put DiPietro on LTIR then it wouldn't count toward the cap? I think Philly did something like that last year.

That's him.

Maybe I'm missing something. DiPietro is playing.

Archived