Around the NHL 2010-2011

spndnchz

Beat me to it. Unloading your two top centers without getting any NHL centers in return screams of them having the deal already in place. They currently have ~ $7 million in cap space and I'm sure could free up a few more mill with some tweaking. I think there is a good chance we'll see him in orange and black real soon.

I have been thinking this as well. I really believe Philly is going to try and make a play for Brad Richards. They've moved enough salary to where they can probably go 10% over the cap with a contract offer for Richards up until opening night. This leads me to believe that Hartnell and/or Briere are gone after July 1st. Everything Philly has done to this point screams of taking a run at Brad Richards.

Great organizations get players to play for less. Detroit is the prime example. The Canucks are following that example.

Bieksa knows the Canucks are there, right there and took a discount to have a great shot at winning. Why sign for some crap team and make more? Vancouver is one helluva a nice place to live and he did well himself all the while helping his team stay competitive.

I doubt Erhoff does the same but he's now full on the Canucks' focus before July 1.

That is probably a pretty fair deal.

And with that the meat on the UFA center market will start already close to the bone.

Not many options for improving the Sabres up the middle through free agency.

Might as well fire up the "Tim Connolly is a great #1 centre" hype machine here so we won't be disapointed when he re-signs for $4-5 mil next year

Might as well fire up the "Tim Connolly is a great #1 centre" hype machine here so we won't be disapointed when he re-signs for $4-5 mil next year

Wrong. Darcy has already stated Tim is more of a defensive center now and that they will upgrade at the position. Can you give the guy at least half of the offseason before making sweeping judgements?

Wrong. Darcy has already stated Tim is more of a defensive center now and that they will upgrade at the position. Can you give the guy at least half of the offseason before making sweeping judgements?

But it doesn't mean that he won't get $4-5 mil out of the Sabres again, say a week into the FA period. I can see Darcy making a comment how the center position dried up quick for UFAs and how Timmy had a lot of interest from other teams.

But it doesn't mean that he won't get $4-5 mil out of the Sabres again, say a week into the FA period. I can see Darcy making a comment how the center position dried up quick for UFAs and how Timmy had a lot of interest from other teams.

I could see him get $4 but really doubt it and wouldn't like it. Don't see any way he gets over $4 and most likely ~$3.5/ for 2 years if he does re-sign. (I don't see any way he gets less than $3 anywhere.)

On July 1, 2008, Cole was acquired by the Edmonton Oilers in exchange for Joni Pitkänen.

On March 4, 2009, Cole was traded back to the Carolina Hurricanes for Patrick O'Sullivan and a second round draft pick. O'Sullivan was traded to Carolina for Justin Williams and second round pick earlier that day.

Archived