Around the NHL 2010-2011

spndnchz

On July 1, 2008, Cole was acquired by the Edmonton Oilers in exchange for Joni Pitkänen.

On March 4, 2009, Cole was traded back to the Carolina Hurricanes for Patrick O'Sullivan and a second round draft pick. O'Sullivan was traded to Carolina for Justin Williams and second round pick earlier that day.

I believe that 2nd round pick Edmonton received from Carolina was sent to Buffalo in the Kotalik deal, which was subsequently sent to Toronto for Dominic Moore. I am not sure what happened to that 2nd round pick or if Toronto traded that to someone else in the process, but it appears that it was a very well traveled 2nd round pick.

Just wondering.....a real thinking outside the box move would be an RFA offer sheet on Keith Yandle....................5.5 Million X 7 years = a first, second, and third round pick.

Do it.

Thought this warning was interesting regarding this:

Speaking to a high ranking official with the Phoenix Coyotes, he does not expect his D-man to receive an offer sheet. “Unless a team wants to stage war, I wouldn’t expect one”. Phoenix does not see players like Shea Weber and Drew Doughty as comparables by the way, instead looking closer at the contract Kings D-man Jack Johnson recently signed. Both sides agree Yandle has a very strong arbitration case should he decide to go there.
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Andy-Strickland/NHL-Scoops/5/36692

I believe that 2nd round pick Edmonton received from Carolina was sent to Buffalo in the Kotalik deal, which was subsequently sent to Toronto for Dominic Moore. I am not sure what happened to that 2nd round pick or if Toronto traded that to someone else in the process, but it appears that it was a very well traveled 2nd round pick.

That 2nd is like the lawn gnomes that send people postcards.

Just wondering.....a real thinking outside the box move would be an RFA offer sheet on Keith Yandle....................5.5 Million X 7 years = a first, second, and third round pick.

Do it.

I like it.

They could pair him up w/ Myers, drop Regehr down to the 2nd pair w/ Leopold, and then Weber pairs w/ either MAGs or Sekera.

Hah....wage war?!.....my owner versus your owner. :thumbsup:

OK, the Sabres put an offer on him that they can't match and then the Yotes put an offer on Sekera.

I don't see the downside to this. ;)

(Actually I kid, as I think Sekera will be a very strong offensive defenseman as he continues to develop; but I would trade Sekera for Yandle straight up so ... I don't see the downside to this. :) )

OK, the Sabres put an offer on him that they can't match and then the Yotes put an offer on Sekera.

(Actually I kid, as I think Sekera will be a very strong offensive defenseman as he continues to develop; but I would trade Sekera for Yandle straight up so ... I don't see the downside to this. :) )

Gimme Yandle Darcy!!! Do it. Do it. Do it.

:lol:

Or the Yotes wait a year and put an offer on Myers.

Do it.

I agree. With a shaky Phoenix franchise, they may not be willing to match a high offer. We can regain some of those picks with trades involving Weber, Sekera, or MAGS.

Talking about conceding defeat. I would guess Ehrhoff's number is around $5.5?

That figure's probably about right, if the reports are true that he refused Vancouver's contract offer that was comparable to the one they gave Bieksa.

Wrong. Darcy has already stated Tim is more of a defensive center now and that they will upgrade at the position. Can you give the guy at least half of the offseason before making sweeping judgements?

Still doesn't mean he won't be re-signed by Darcy, who has said a few times that he has been speaking with him and his agent

Still doesn't mean he won't be re-signed by Darcy, who has said a few times that he has been speaking with him and his agent

I don't believe that Ink meant he wouldn't be signed, but rather that he wouldn't be touted as a #1 or #2 center, since Darcy has already said that his role has changed.

Do it.

XB, I know it's outside the box thinking, but before Regier gets blamed for not doing it, I'd like to offer that Yandle, while a decent player, is NOT worth 5.5 x 7, especially for a team that filled one hole at D and now needs to turn its attention to C. The Sabs are good--not great--at D now, and need to worry about the two positions up the middle that are empty.

Archived