Around the NHL 2010-2011

spndnchz

Wow - that is funny that they took the site down - must have struck a chord with someone - this could become a big story!

The original site Chz linked to is still down as of 2 minutes ago. The second site she linked to (a page on the NBC Sports site) was not and is not down.

Keep trying that original site. It was down this morning, and at some point a couple of hours ago, it was up again. It loaded slowly when it was up, so maybe the guy didn't gird his site for so much incoming traffic. The original site is worth a read; there are some interesting comments on it, too. I hope you're able to get through at some point.

Keep trying that original site. It was down this morning, and at some point a couple of hours ago, it was up again. It loaded slowly when it was up, so maybe the guy didn't gird his site for so much incoming traffic. The original site is worth a read; there are some interesting comments on it, too. I hope you're able to get through at some point.

This link: http://www.mc79hockey.com/?p=3518

Gets me this error message using Firefox:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I read it earlier. Which is why it doesn't surprise me that it has been taken down. People in high places can't be very thrilled with that post and the info it contains.

Just an FYI for the night owls, Versus debuts it's new nightly show tonight at 11pm... NHL Overtime.

"NHL Overtime" will feature game highlights, recaps, expert analysis and all the hottest news and topics from the NHL, college, minor leagues and international hockey. The show will include in-studio guests as well as live post-game player interviews from around the NHL. Additionally, special longer-form features on coaches, players and influential names in hockey will also be a regular part of the show.

Link- http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=543514&navid=DL|NHL|home

Bill Patrick hosts with Billy Jaffe and Bill Guerin on the panal.

Forbidden

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I read it earlier. Which is why it doesn't surprise me that it has been taken down. People in high places can't be very thrilled with that post and the info it contains.

As of right now, it is down, but so is the entire domain. I really think it's a too many people issue. If it were the NHL, wouldn't the league also have made a phone call to one of its broadcast partners (NBC) to have that squelched, also?

Forbidden

Also, now, TSN is running with it. The NHL isn't squelching it anymore, if it was before: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=341367

I'm pretty sure Bettman is to busy giving him a handjo to fill out the paperwork.

I'm confused. Am I supposed to be mad at Campbell for firing a ref that gave his kid a bad call or should I be mad that it's now proven that refs bring their personal feelings to the ice and call games accordingly? OR, should I be mad that they manipulate games by which ref they send to do games because they know refs bring their personal feelings to the ice and call games accordingly?

I'm confused. Am I supposed to be mad at Campbell for firing a ref that gave his kid a bad call or should I be mad that it's now proven that refs bring their personal feelings to the ice and call games accordingly? OR, should I be mad that they manipulate games by which ref they send to do games because they know refs bring their personal feelings to the ice and call games accordingly?

Yes.

Great post and synopsis of what the story was all about.

Really sad though because it underscores what a lot of people here have been saying for awhile about how Mickey mouse this league is run with all the calls vs. non-calls, superstar preferential treatment, whose turn is it to get a break/penalty things we see game in and game out.

I'm not so sure they actually sent the specific ref to call a Savard game right away, but just the fact that they know about the questionable tendencies of certain refs is more than enough for me. But really, is anyone surprised by this? Short of putting robots out there, this kind of stuff cannot be avoided.

Serious question.....is horses##t a Canadian thing? The only people I ever hear using horse over bull are hockey guys.

I think it's more of a hick thing as opposed to a city thing. That said, since all Canadians are hicks,.. yes, it's a Canadian thing.

Being from Buffalo, I consider myself half Canadian and half Polish (and a hick). So I, too, use horse$#!#.

Watching Flyers and Canadians. I've thought that Sekera should play like Timonen

but watching him play with Pronger the pair look like Sekera and Myers. Timonen and Sekera are a lot alike, IMO, not as much Pronger and Myers

Not sure about the comparison but i do like Sekera's game a lot and i think he gets better by the game. However, this Habs/Flyers game is very exciting.

Archived