Around the NHL 2010-2011

spndnchz

Probably not the right thread for it, but what the hell, i didn't know where to put it.

NHL GMs are in Toronto now for the Hall of fame ceremony and also obviously talking state of the league, among the topics are TV deal, all-star game and social networking, such as Facebook and twitter and how it can be helpful/hurtful for the league. While the debate is wide-open social networking, i've heard people pro it and anti it, but this was funny i thought- Criag Custance from The Sporting News asked Regier for his opinion on it- Darcy said-

Darcy Regier on social media: "Apparently, I have a number of Twitter accounts, none of them my own... We have to do more research on this."

Probably not the right thread for it, but what the hell, i didn't know where to put it.

NHL GMs are in Toronto now for the Hall of fame ceremony and also obviously talking state of the league, among the topics are TV deal, all-star game and social networking, such as Facebook and twitter and how it can be helpful/hurtful for the league. While the debate is wide-open social networking, i've heard people pro it and anti it, but this was funny i thought- Criag Custance from The Sporting News asked Regier for his opinion on it- Darcy said-

That really is funny.

I'm with you on the grandstanding thing. I'm sure that just falls in the "stupid kid" category though. But hey, I would kind of like to see Jason Peters in an NHL fight. I bet that would be entertaining.

Jason Peters - didn't even catch that I did that! That made me laugh. I don't know if the skates would take it. Of course I meant his cousin, Andrew. :) The Peters name and Buffalo sports don't work too well together in my mind.

Jason Peters - didn't even catch that I did that! That made me laugh. I don't know if the skates would take it. Of course I meant his cousin, Andrew. :) The Peters name and Buffalo sports don't work too well together in my mind.

That and the initials JP. Ok, I guess it was ok for the Sabres, but not the Bills.

JP is on the outs in Nashville - maybe Darcy will send them a 5th round pick.

I would be willing if it wasn't for him having an extra year on his contract. He struggled last year too, especially at the end. Scored 2 goals in their final 15 games, however did score 2 goals in game 1 of the playoffs but was nowhere rest of the series. And now he's really struggling, so he's obviously over the hill.

I would be willing if it wasn't for him having an extra year on his contract. He struggled last year too, especially at the end. Scored 2 goals in their final 15 games, however did score 2 goals in game 1 of the playoffs but was nowhere rest of the series. And now he's really struggling, so he's obviously over the hill.

The struggle is with injury. He's been day to day for a month.

2 games for Burns. Butt end of stick to Bernier's face.

He might just get away without a suspension. #1. He has a rep as a clean player #2. He swears up and down it was accidental and the vid doesn't really dispute that #3. He was apologizing on the ice after the play. He seems genuinely remorseful.

He is on my fantasy hockey team so this may all be just wishful thinking. :blush:

He might just get away without a suspension. #1. He has a rep as a clean player #2. He swears up and down it was accidental and the vid doesn't really dispute that #3. He was apologizing on the ice after the play. He seems genuinely remorseful.

He is on my fantasy hockey team so this may all be just wishful thinking. :blush:

Does fantasy include PIM?

If so your good!

Big story this morning:

http://www.mc79hockey.com/?p=3518

Who did Colin Campbell call "a little fake artist"?

Wow,thats cool stuff. Thanks for the link. Always thought Campbell had little or no integrity mostly in relation to his player discipline but with this story if credible it now seems to permeate the entire spectrum. Greasy.

So they tracked it down to Marc Savard (little fake artist). Long story short:

Colin Campbells son was playing, took a face off against Savard, Greg Campbell, Colin's son, gets his stick up on Savard, Savard supposedly dives, Ref. Warren calls penalty, Campbell (worst hockey Mom ever) gets Warren fired, Warren sues, papers come out in court, NHL looks terrible, maybe Campbell gets fired?

Big story this morning:

http://www.mc79hockey.com/?p=3518

Who did Colin Campbell call "a little fake artist"?

An update. Seems the site is either down or erased...

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/15/colin-campbell-exposed-says-marc-savard-is-biggest-faker-going-berates-officials-for-picking-on-his-son/

Archived