Around the NHL 2010-2011

spndnchz

He's always been a little chippy as far as that type of behavior, I'm just guessing he's a little more flagrant in goon town.

He's always had a bit of a dark side. I forget who it was, maybe Rob Ray, who said that you can see it from time to time down at ice level where that switch just flips in his head and he goes dirty.

i heard parise wants out of NJ but i don't have a source for you guys... probably just some ###### but i heard some kid talking saying parise said he did. buffalo should trade our whole roster for him

Definitely not (not now, anyway):

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slug=ap-devils-parise

i'm almost impressed.. the list of people we dump and end up going nowhere in life gets longer. actually, i'm tempted to ask now, who have we given up since the '05-'06 era that has gone on to be successful, in the 'wins' column (not by the pocketbook) that is?

Briere? i'd say maybe. McKee? was he on the squad that won the Cup for the Pens?

who else am i missing?

i'm almost impressed.. the list of people we dump and end up going nowhere in life gets longer. actually, i'm tempted to ask now, who have we given up since the '05-'06 era that has gone on to be successful, in the 'wins' column (not by the pocketbook) that is?

Briere? i'd say maybe. McKee? was he on the squad that won the Cup for the Pens?

who else am i missing?

Add Paille. He's been benched since game 1 for the Bruins.

who else am i missing?

McKee hasn't been successful since leaving (sadly; I really liked the player). Also, he was not on the team the year the Penguins won the Cup.

Good add on Paille.

Dare we add the Intangible?

who else am i missing?

The one who got away was JP Dumont. He went to a perennially week team, so he doesn't have the wins, but man I wish we had that guy in our line up every night for the last 4 years.

I wouldn't say he blossomed once he left, as he was a great player when he was here, too.

The one who got away was JP Dumont. He went to a perennially week team, so he doesn't have the wins, but man I wish we had that guy in our line up every night for the last 4 years.

I wouldn't say he blossomed once he left, as he was a great player when he was here, too.

Definitely, it would be great to have Dumont here.

agreed.. JP is one that got away. i daresay we would have jettisoned Stafford long ago if JP was still here.

Just don't add Torres, 6 goals, 7 pts in 11 games. Hat trick last night. Or the General, 7 goals 10 pts in 11 games. One more point than Kessel.

Hhhmmm seems like the system and the players in it can have an effect on scoring, who would've thunk?

Archived