GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Is tonight going to be the last ever game for the Banana Slug? I've hated that monstrosity since before it was even officially unveiled, but this week is far too soon to see it cast off into the uniform afterlife with the Goathead and the Islanders' Gorton's Fisherman logos.

C'mon, Sabres. Don't let the Slug die tonight.

S.O.S.! Save Our Slug!!

If Gerbe sits, I'll be pissed. Not only has he earned another game based on his play, but the kid has GOT to be motivated to play in the city where he made his name. Gerbe has NOT been the problem. Stafford cleary has. Vanek can easily replace his 7-8 minutes of ice time and we would be upgraded at the PP (not that we need it).

GO SABRES!!!

Per The Buffalo News, Stafford's out, Vanek's in: http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/2010/04/stafford-to-sit-for-sabres.html

Oh, and more of Julien's mind games — he won't say whether Savard's playing: http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/2010/04/savard-might-get-the-call-tonight.html

I for one wouldn't be unhappy to see Savard on the ice tonight.

The Bruins looking to a star just back from a nasty concussion can't be a bad thing for the Sabres.

Also, there's the chance they may even try to open up their game a little more if Savard's playing.

Per The Buffalo News, Stafford's out, Vanek's in: http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/2010/04/stafford-to-sit-for-sabres.html

Oh, and more of Julien's mind games — he won't say whether Savard's playing: http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/2010/04/savard-might-get-the-call-tonight.html

Okay the PP defintely can use the boost although I don't know if I'd park him front of the net for the worst beatings maybe that second tier perimeter forward I've seen some teams using in their playoff PP set ups.

Last I hope they are doing this because he is really ready and not in response to some fear Savard may play for the Bruins and hence Sabres feel compelled to respond w/Vanek as the one article/blog alludes.

Allowing Boston to influence your roster like that would not be smart hockey in my book. Lindy coaches better when he trusts his gut feeling like he did and stated playing Ennis, Kennedy and Gerbe in game 5.

Go Sabres.

Per The Buffalo News, Stafford's out, Vanek's in: http://blogs.buffalo...for-sabres.html

Oh, and more of Julien's mind games — he won't say whether Savard's playing: http://blogs.buffalo...ll-tonight.html

Julien's mind games? That's funny. I always find it unsettling that Lindy has to behave the way he does in the playoffs -- almost like he's insecure, looking for an edge in the weirdest of places.

Anyway, after I got my morning sponge bath, Mittens, the pet cat here at Ravingwood, jumped up on my bed. He's been real close to me all day. This can't turn out well, can it?

Julien's mind games? That's funny. I always find it unsettling that Lindy has to behave the way he does in the playoffs -- almost like he's insecure, looking for an edge in the weirdest of places.

I've always seen it as him taking the attention off of his players and putting it on himself instead. The funny thing is that the other team almost always plays along with it.

Anyway, after I got my morning sponge bath, Mittens, the pet cat here at Ravingwood, jumped up on my bed. He's been real close to me all day. This can't turn out well, can it?

:lol:

Yeah, it's not listed on the guide of my Directtv/CI either...it still just says "To be announced".

I'm sure it will come up, it has to!

...right?

I do not feel good about this. It is usually listed on their schedule by now telling us the Bruins' broadcast is on 770-1 and the Sabres 771-1.

Yes, please do so, boys. I turn 40 today, and I would love a win tonight to add to my collection of birthday presents. :thumbsup:

Welcome to the club, Happy Birthday. I hope the Sabres come out flying and do it for 60 minutes.

Also, here is Versus list of programing for tonight: http://www.versus.com/shows/2010-nhl-playoff-video/

Julien: "We've had to play against the Ovechkins and Crosbys before. We've always adjusted well enough. I don't think Vanek is going to be a guy that is really going to throw us off our game."

Wishful thinking, but I'd sure like to see T.V. shove another four-goal game down Claude's throat.

Julien: "We've had to play against the Ovechkins and Crosbys before. We've always adjusted well enough. I don't think Vanek is going to be a guy that is really going to throw us off our game."

Wishful thinking, but I'd sure like to see T.V. shove another four-goal game down Claude's throat.

Certainly stoking the fire..

You scare me

I have NO DOUBT the Sabres are winning this game.

I'll tell you what, I have had a sense of calm about this series ever since they out played the Bruins in game 4 only to lose in OT. I think that game finally woke some guys up and pissed them off quite frankly. I won't go so far to say I have no doubt they are winning tonight, this is still a Buffalo sports team we are talking about after all, but I feel good about it.

That's all you got on DO OR DIE Monday? :rolleyes:

I sure hope the Sabres practiced the PP a whole lot over the last two days. Any PP goal in this series would be a confidence booster. It really comes down to quality of shot and playing under duress. They do seem to gain the zone, but rarely get great pressure once they are in it. Boston knows what every one else did that if you attack the puck, the stickhandler will turn it over. Getting more than one SOG during each possession would definitely help amp up that pressure.

Find a way to play on Wednesday...

I'm very hopeful... but the series has put a muzzle on me... one game at a time... one game at a time...

I'm very hopeful... but the series has put a muzzle on me... one game at a time... one game at a time...

+1, but for me it's more like; One shift, One period, One game at a time.

Baby steps brother especially for the newbees on the team.

I am utterly speechless at the thought of Stafford sitting and Gerbe getting another game...

I have to re-think my alliance to the "time for Buffalo and Ruff to part ways" club... :blush:

Cody and Kaleta will be noticeable tonight. This one's gonna be good!

Archived