GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

You might not think so, but you're really sour. I'm sure it is in no small part because you are in the city that ousted your team.

Buck up li'l camper.

Trust me, I held back on those responses a bit. But with that last one, would it have been better if I said "Serious question. What would you want to see on the website?"? That's all I was going for there. What on the website wouldn't have been a slap in the face to the fans? Should they just ignore them completely?

It's interesting that Vanek's TOI last night on a bum wheel was just 14 seconds less than his season average. I'm not sure what I get out of that but boy I'm sick of Ruff.

Vanek's a but boy too. Jeez, I'll have to take the poster off my ceiling.

Vanek's a but boy too. Jeez, I'll have to take the poster off my ceiling.

Not Vanek, Ruff. What I think I meant was if Ruff used him that much with a bad leg, he could have used him a lot more in the regular season with a good one. The game where we needed a goal and Ruff put him in the box for a 5 minute penalty really sticks in my head (and in my craw).

Seriously, what did you expect to see on that website?

I see Cross' point. I can also understand why some folks won't get it. Been watching the Bills for too long maybe. Have had all the sporting life sucked out of them.

You're leaving a restaurant after a bad meal you complained about -- maybe you don't want to hear the manager say, "Thanks folks! Come again!"

It is the same message that appears on that site after every crappy meal the Sabres serve up. Its sameness symbolizes that this offseason will be nothing different.

What is the appropriate message to send to disappointed customers? A PR person might tell you sometimes you tell the truth.

"SORRY FANS. YOU DESERVED BETTER."

I see Cross' point. I can also understand why some folks won't get it. Been watching the Bills for too long maybe. Have had all the sporting life sucked out of them.

You're leaving a restaurant after a bad meal you complained about -- maybe you don't want to hear the manager say, "Thanks folks! Come again!"

It is the same message that appears on that site after every crappy meal the Sabres serve up. Its sameness symbolizes that this offseason will be nothing different.

What is the appropriate message to send to disappointed customers? A PR person might tell you sometimes you tell the truth.

"SORRY FANS. YOU DESERVED BETTER."

We're on the same sheet of music here! :thumbsup:

Trust me, I held back on those responses a bit. But with that last one, would it have been better if I said "Serious question. What would you want to see on the website?"? That's all I was going for there. What on the website wouldn't have been a slap in the face to the fans? Should they just ignore them completely?

I found it highly ironic that you complained about my complaint - given that you hold a commanding lead in the most posts on the Complaint Thursday thread (excuse the segue, please). The only thing that I could think about in your responses to my posts last night was, in all due respect, that the pot was calling the kettle black.

At any rate, I've said MORE than my peace, and, to be quite honest with you, I thought I would be done with it until I got your responses.

I found it highly ironic that you complained about my complaint - given that you hold a commanding lead in the most posts on the Complaint Thursday thread (excuse the segue, please). The only thing that I could think about in your responses to my posts last night was, in all due respect, that the pot was calling the kettle black.

At any rate, I've said MORE than my peace, and, to be quite honest with you, I thought I would be done with it until I got your responses.

Do you read the stuff I post in that thread? 90% of it is said with tongue planted firmly in cheek. But then again, I guess I can't get a reasonable response from someone who is deeply insulted by a "thank you fans". I can't believe I'm saying this, but I can't wait until you go back to your rambling political rants instead of gems like this one.

Do you read the stuff I post in that thread? 90% of it is said with tongue planted firmly in cheek. But then again, I guess I can't get a reasonable response from someone who is deeply insulted by a "thank you fans". I can't believe I'm saying this, but I can't wait until you go back to your rambling political rants instead of gems like this one.

What if I don't?

Archived