GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

eball

Sorry Corp, I'm up early and wanted to write about today's game.

So, win in regulation and Buffalo is the #2 seed, vs. Philly or Montreal. Otherwise, we're the #3 and play Boston.

I'm ambivalent about the 1st round opponent, but I want the #2 for home ice purposes. Lalime in net -- perhaps NJ's backup as well?

Tis all good eball. I'm really hoping for a win today to get the #2 seed. Home ice is crucial... Just ask anyone who had to travel to Raleigh 4 years ago for game 7.

and by the way, if 8:14am is early, I'm Elvis... Try 5am buddy. Such is life with a 7 month old infant!

Man 5p start goes head-to-head with the conclusion of the Masters. Tough choice especially if Tiger is challenging.

I know what you mean. I think I'll play it by ear. If there's a 2 goal differential in the Sabres game and Tiger's within 3 strokes or fewer, I'll probably watch the Masters. If Tiger stays 4 strokes back or more, I'll probably stick with the blue and gold.

Man 5p start goes head-to-head with the conclusion of the Masters. Tough choice especially if Tiger is challenging.

I know what you mean. I think I'll play it by ear. If there's a 2 goal differential in the Sabres game and Tiger's within 3 strokes or fewer, I'll probably watch the Masters. If Tiger stays 4 strokes back or more, I'll probably stick with the blue and gold.

You all are ridiculous. If you really want to see what's going on, use your smartphone or laptop. Worst case scenario for me is PIP with the sabres as the main display. This is a crucial game.

You all are ridiculous. If you really want to see what's going on, use your smartphone or laptop. Worst case scenario for me is PIP with the sabres as the main display. This is a crucial game.

Yeah but if you're a golf fan, Sunday of the Masters is the biggest moment of the season. No matter what's happening with the Sabres, I'm making sure to watch the 18th hole.

Despite the fact that the game actually does have some meaning in the standings, I'm still expecting to see both teams mail it in. NJ will play not to lose in regulation, so it will be lock-down hockey for them. If they get an early goal or two against the Sabres, the game will be over.

Despite the fact that the game actually does have some meaning in the standings, I'm still expecting to see both teams mail it in. NJ will play not to lose in regulation, so it will be lock-down hockey for them. If they get an early goal or two against the Sabres, the game will be over.

If the Flyers win they take the 7th seed. Which makes getting the two seed even more important.

Here we are last game of the season 3rd place locked and a chance to play for 2nd, who'd a thunk.

It's been a good season and I am looking forward to the Sabres being in the playoffs again. I would like second place because it would assure them home ice till the conference finals but I also want them to rest some of the players that have logged the most ice time. I would actually consider giving Tyler a night off to watch from the press box because several other players said it helped their game to see it from there. Lalime in net today, would have been a good time to feign another injury to bring another portland dman like Weber up and play a game.

Hopefully they should relax and just focus on defense, staying healthy and getting prepped for the real season that starts Wednesday, only other thing I wonder is whether a 2nd or 3rd place finish would change their start date to Thursday vs. Wednesday that extra day would be what I opt for this team at this time.

Lets go Sabres.

5 p.m. for the finale seems kinda like a late start. Usually these games start no later than 1:00 or 2:00 I thought.

I think out of the 3 teams Buffalo could end up playing, Montreal is the last one I want to see IMO. I don't think Boston or Philly would be much of a problem. I could see Montreal making it a 7 game series going either way, but Boston and Philly a 5 or 6 game series in Buffalo's favor. Although, if we meet up with Philly, you have to worry about Pronger taking one of his annual playoff runs at someone. He seems to get suspended or penalized for a dirty hit at least once during the playoffs.

Yeah but if you're a golf fan, Sunday of the Masters is the biggest moment of the season. No matter what's happening with the Sabres, I'm making sure to watch the 18th hole.

i know it's a free country and all, but you guys should be ashamed. i'd rather watch my 65 year old neighbor lady ride around the back yard on her lawn tractor- in sports bra- than watch ###### golf. and you would switch away from a sabres game for it?? :blink:

and who cares if that idiot scumbag tiger woods is close to winning or not. i posted here 3 years ago that he was a creep and probably on steroids and now i am more convinced than ever it's true.

i know it's a free country and all, but you guys should be ashamed. i'd rather watch my 65 year old neighbor lady ride around the back yard on her lawn tractor- in sports bra- than watch ###### golf. and you would switch away from a sabres game for it?? :blink:

and who cares if that idiot scumbag tiger woods is close to winning or not. i posted here 3 years ago that he was a creep and probably on steroids and now i am more convinced than ever it's true.

:sick:

Well, that's one way of reminding us to keep our priorities straight. With regards to Tiger, he's waaaaaaaay too overrated. <_< :pirate:

With regards to Tiger, he's waaaaaaaay too overrated. <_< :pirate:

No he's not. He's hand's down the best golfer ever in absolute terms (there's a good case for relative terms as well).

i'd rather watch my 65 year old neighbor lady ride around the back yard on her lawn tractor- in sports bra- than watch ###### golf. and you would switch away from a sabres game for it?? :blink:

Yes, he is a creep (and signaled that long ago).

His newfound effort to engage fans is laughable - it's all a marketing ploy. He does not now, and has never, given a damn about fans, outside of what profit he can make by selling them product.

Now, let's see: Who is that woman on the tractor next door?

I remember that thread, it was off-season August I think. I was involved in that one. I seem to remember alot of support on this board for Tiger and how the assumption of steroids was abit of a ethnic slur....

Ok buddy, apparently nobody ever taught you manners. I won't criticize the things you enjoy, and you extend the same courtesy to me. Fuggin' internet tough guy.

Archived