GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

7:00pm

Win the game! Maybe one of our cream puffs will be replaced by game time anyways.

Reading Darcy's latest comments, not likely.

"We'll keep working on it [today] and see where it goes, but right now we don't have anything close to what our objective is."

My personal guess is that the "objective" is to lure Chris Gratton out of retirement, and trade him for Kopitar.

If we can play like we played in the final 5-8 minutes last night that would be great. Vanek has got to get going. He looks lost at times out there and can't get anywhere with the puck. I'm sure Darcy will bring in a #7 defenceman or a 4th line winger to bolster the lineup so we should be all set. No prediction, just win.

There better be a nice Olympic highlight video for all the players and then a 3 minute standing ovation and chant of "Miller-Miller". Would it be silly to chant "Miller is Gold" since he only got the Silver?

Three minutes? No way. Ghost here is a betting man. What's the over-under on the length of the "ovation"? I'd say 45 seconds.

He sure didn't get much of a sendoff.

Part of the problem is stagecraft. The Sabres organization is bad, really bad, at moments like this.

I hear VS tonight for the game, so does that mean no Direct TV CI ?

Well maybe I will not miss anything other than the aggravation of watching a figure skating exhibition although as I said in another thread I'm really interested in seeing how this team plays in front of Miller from here out good or bad.

One issue I have with the way this team looked last night in key Situations like PP, PK, FO's is that with the compressed schedule I know I'm going to hear their is no time to practice what this team need's to get better at and the best opportunity for that to have occured just passed. From what I saw last night more practice is needed.

I am on going on record to say that we are not getting any different players at the deadline other than call ups from the minor league team. My thought is after the deadline and we stumble for a period of games, Ennis and possibly another will be called up w/the line that's why we didn't make any moves cause we've been counting on the farm all along. At said point us fans are supposed to say "oh my its not Baaaaaaaaaad at all having that kind of depth".

And this for nobody, I say if we recognize the olympians at all, we will recognize them all, anything less would be a bit bush league IMO.

Lindy says Goose is out for at least a week "upper body injury" hand, duh. Possible that Montador or Paetsch steps in.

I guess it would be too much to ask for one of the other JAGs on the bottom two lines to take Gaustad's place, and have them bring Ennis up to spark the offense.

I guess it would be too much to ask for one of the other JAGs on the bottom two lines to take Gaustad's place, and have them bring Ennis up to spark the offense.

He said that Kennedy and Ellis will move into Goose's spot. Then Monty or Patches will be seventh defenseman for the game. I actually like that better. Keep the top two lines out there more, work them hard and see if it pays off.

Lindy says Goose is out for at least a week "upper body injury" hand, duh. Possible that Montador or Paetsch steps in.

Oh great just what we need to have Lindy re-enforce his message. "Bad Sabres, see what happens when you fight, block shots or finish checks, just play the system boys, the system is your friend."

One issue I have with the way this team looked last night in key Situations like PP, PK, FO's is that with the compressed schedule I know I'm going to hear their is no time to practice what this team need's to get better at and the best opportunity for that to have occured just passed. From what I saw last night more practice is needed.

Shocking, the Pittsburgh announcer mentioned that Crosby said something like, "Lindy was our coach for the power play, and we learned a lot from him. We also learned a bit about how Buffalo plays the PP.". The second part makes sense, but with the Sabres PP this year, they had Lindy coaching it for Team Canada? Really?

Shocking, the Pittsburgh announcer mentioned that Crosby said something like, "Lindy was our coach for the power play, and we learned a lot from him. We also learned a bit about how Buffalo plays the PP.". The second part makes sense, but with the Sabres PP this year, they had Lindy coaching it for Team Canada? Really?

Well apparently Team Canada's players actually do what he tells them to. Watching our power play, I know there is no way someone is coaching them to play that way. They just fail miserably at executing a power play that makes any sense. I'd be pulling my hair out if I was Ruff.

So if Torres isn't there tonight as a few have posted, they pretty much have to dress 7 D tonight if they don't call anyone up, right? We're down to 18 healthy and present skaters, correct?

He said that Kennedy and Ellis will move into Goose's spot. Then Monty or Patches will be seventh defenseman for the game. I actually like that better. Keep the top two lines out there more, work them hard and see if it pays off.

Interesting Lindy said this this morning about Nathan and he's gone.

Wow, reading this board today you would have thought we got blown out by Florida last night. I see another close one tonight but with more scoring, 5 - 4. Don't know who wins though.

I think it's because the first game after the Olympics was so heavily anticipated because of the break. Any loss would've seemed a major disappointment...in all honesty though, these guys do need to get their heads on straight before any serious damage is done.

The division is still there for the taking, but we're not doing enough.

Wow, reading this board today you would have thought we got blown out by Florida last night. I see another close one tonight but with more scoring, 5 - 4. Don't know who wins though.

Come on, man. That game was there for the taking for obvious reasons. Crosby was not really Crosby. They played their freakin' backup.

Come on, man. That game was there for the taking for obvious reasons. Crosby was not really Crosby. They played their freakin' backup.

Myers was not Myers and we also played our backup. I didn't think Crosby was that bad. He had a chance to score a goal I've seen him score 20 times and Butler completely stymied him. There were things to be hopeful about.

Archived