GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

blink.gif

At the end of the first period tonight, we were tied with shots, at 11. For the rest of the way, we were outshot 28-13. The officiating had nothing to do with that. Washington didn't steal this game from us, we never had it to begin with. We were toyed with, just like we were the night before against Pittsburgh. We could have had the most ticky-tack officiating in the world, and it still wouldn't change a thing, because we can't score on the power play.

Look, I get what you are saying, and I don't think there is a person in here that would disagree with this team getting their act together and stringing together some wins. But the officiating has NOTHING to do with the way we are losing games. Not a thing.

Toying with us - HA!HAHA! They are afraid to play our aptitude and skill style - because 7 out of 10 times they will lose!

And specifically, sure they were tied after one but after Green score in the third to make it 2 -1 there was still a competitive game to be played out. At exactly the two minute mark remaining Roy was about to enter the Caps zone when lo and behold right in front of an official and another watching what happened from further away Roy has his stick hooked or slashed (it doesn't matter what you call it) right out of his hands. If the arm goes up to call the obvious penalty over the remainder of the third period - 2 minutes - we have a power play and the opportunity for a 6 on 4.

Look we've won many games like that before which is why teams know the Sabres are deadliest in those situations! That's how the Sabres are built and denying them anything less than applying the rule book is TRASH!!!

O! O! O! Your brain starting to hurt? A classic case of COGNITIVE DISSONANCE!

If you look at my first reply to you, I was half-heartedly complementing your optimism, as others here have tried to do.

Your reply was something only Pauly Shore or Yogi Berra could have deciphered.

This one does it for me, though. I'm convinced you're Darcy Regier. Keep on spinning, brother.

Guess everything that needs to be said in this thread has already been said, so no need for me to repeat the obvious.

I will say this though - The dark side of me hopes the team will fall out of the playoffs so the front office won't be able to chalk this season up as an improvement.

Not that it would have any consequences either way though.

If you look at my first reply to you, I was half-heartedly complementing your optimism, as others here have tried to do.

Your reply was something only Pauly Shore or Yogi Berra could have deciphered.

This one does it for me, though. I'm convinced you're Darcy Regier. Keep on spinning, brother.

Look! I say what I mean and I mean what I say! And, I don't mince words!

Even when we were at 70% success people on this board were calling for this or that!

All I am saying is that at least 9 games (and maybe we should start a thread about it although I did start a thread called NHL officiating quality control that apparently most members took for granted and would NOT take the time to consider) where the officiating calls or non-calls affected the outcome directly - to the Sabres detriment!

So let's say that officiating being what it should have been or what one would reasonably expect from professionals and the Sabres play their game without this "interference" they would have won an additional 6.3 games.

For further analysis, let's round it off to 6 games with a different outcome than what occurred. Now let's say that three of those games we lost after regulation and the other three in regulation. The bottom line is we would have 9 extra points at 84 and much closer to the top of the Eastern Conference!

Sometimes officiating sucks and sometimes bad officiating sucks real bad! Take your pick - but there's no denying it exists except for this board's ability to see the forest for the trees!

There is a pervasive elitist attitude in the NHL administration and it has to do with money!!!

I love watching you guys respond to SR. It's like trying to knock a brick wall over by giving it a lecture on gravity and forces.

The wall can't hear you guys. The wall can't hear you.

That was such a poor analogy most of the people here will NOT take you seriously.

You must be big into Pink Floyd! D4RK Side Of The Moon. The Wall, yes indeed and we say to you:

We Don't Need Your Education....we all know the rest... Mr Thought Control!

There is a pervasive elitist attitude in the NHL administration and it has to do with money!!!

Noting new there, but both Carolina and Tampa Bay won cups in recent years in spite of this, which means so can Buffalo.

If they're willing to build a hockey team instead of living in the past, that is.

Noting new there, but both Carolina and Tampa Bay won cups in recent years in spite of this, which means so can Buffalo.

If they're willing to build a hockey team instead of living in the past, that is.

I agree that there are certain things that must be overcome to win a championship.

However, egregious and obvious mediocrity should NOT be tolerated along the way.

Sabres will win it all soon despite the mediocrity NHL officiating presents to aptitude and skill organizations! I recommend they stay the course and document (record) every instance where there is lack of fair play. Soon enough these mediocre agents - like parasites exposed to light - will disappear! In the meantime, I will NOT be one of those to turn a blind eye!

I agree that there are certain things that must be overcome to win a championship.

However, egregious and obvious mediocrity should NOT be tolerated along the way.

Sabres will win it all soon despite the mediocrity NHL officiating presents to aptitude and skill organizations! I recommend they stay the course and document (record) every instance where there is lack of fair play. Soon enough these mediocre agents - like parasites exposed to light - will disappear! In the meantime, I will NOT be one of those to turn a blind eye!

cocaine is a helluva drug.

Look at a couple of plays from last nights game and this is the difference between losing a game where you are dominated and possibly stealing a point or two...

Green comes down the slot, takes a pass and buries it. A few minutes later Butler comes down the slot, takes a pass, shoots and :wallbash:

:thumbdown:

Guess everything that needs to be said in this thread has already been said, so no need for me to repeat the obvious.

I will say this though - The dark side of me hopes the team will fall out of the playoffs so the front office won't be able to chalk this season up as an improvement.

Not that it would have any consequences either way though.

What no "the most comprehensive review of the team from top to bottom ever"?

The Buffalo Sabres once again will be changing the curtians while the house burns down around them.

Thanks for the Ditto.

I want those that think it is so insane to even talk about Lindy Ruff being fired to address this issue. If he is such a strong coach and has such a grasp on that locker room why does nights like tonight happen over and over? I think it is a fair and honest question.

I'll still place most of the blame on the players, Darcy and Quinn.

That was such a poor analogy most of the people here will NOT take you seriously.

You must be big into Pink Floyd! D4RK Side Of The Moon. The Wall, yes indeed and we say to you:

Even though it actually was a good analogy, of all your posts, I didn't hate this one.

SR is like the Optimist's TomSmith.

Dude!

It may appear to be optimism and I am NOT excluding it from the panoply of factors inherent in my analysis!

But it is more like rational and continual observation followed by targeted criticism open to scrutiny and

dissection because ultimately, (YO TORONTO) video does NOT lie!

Can you be more specific?

Before I say anything to you, let me just make one thing clear. If I goof up and other forum members get on me about it, I'll admit to it - even on things non-hockey related. I have my quirks, and so do some of the others on here. Granted, there are some things I won't budge on, but that's normally reserved for Thursdays.

Having said that, I am a bit concerned about some of your posts toward other board members. They come across to me as being very condescending - if not obnoxious. I don't know if I am alone in that observation or not, but that is the least of my concerns.

I know you're somewhat new here. I'm not trying to give you the impression that you need to tread lightly like you're walking on crushed glass or eggshells. I'm asking for you to show some respect for your fellow board members. Otherwise, it might be a bit of a rough ride for you here.

Before I say anything to you, let me just make one thing clear. If I goof up and other forum members get on me about it, I'll admit to it - even on things non-hockey related. I have my quirks, and so do some of the others on here. Granted, there are some things I won't budge on, but that's normally reserved for Thursdays.

Having said that, I am a bit concerned about some of your posts toward other board members. They come across to me as being very condescending - if not obnoxious. I don't know if I am alone in that observation or not, but that is the least of my concerns.

I know you're somewhat new here. I'm not trying to give you the impression that you need to tread lightly like you're walking on crushed glass or eggshells. I'm asking for you to show some respect for your fellow board members. Otherwise, it might be a bit of a rough ride for you here.

Thanks thumbsup.gif

Is that a threat? The purpose of these forums is to communicate and when necessary to agree to disagree civilly!

My responses are measured. I threaten no one. I exercise my unalienable free will right to speak my mind whenever

it is worthwhile! If you or anyone else cares to offer specific examples - do it! Don't just generalize and make hints to suggest something that is NOT there because to me that is condescension! Each individual should stand on the merits of their own input - good or bad!

You on the other hand seem to be willing to come in and like your moniker exercise undue force to make your point

because perhaps you feel threatened by the fact that my ideas are meritorious! BTW, crosschecking is at least a two minute

penalty and nobody elected you as the enforcer. As a matter of fact that is a disappearing breed in the hockey world - get used to it!

The Sabres, like I've propounded numerous times are on the path to success via aptitude and skill! I am sure that is problematic for those who would rather engage in hockey that is less skill and aptitude and more bully - those days are gone!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it! I'll bet you or we can have a poll that the majority of fans will agree that the Sabres will win it all

with that style and goon hockey is NOT coming back - it is becoming far too competitive with the numbers of boys and girls entering this

tremendous sport and competition! The only thing left is to accelerate the quality control of the officiating - something to the tune of thanks , but no thanks if you can't comprehend aptitude and skill! This is NOT condescension! This is SabresRepublic! Welcome all to hockey's New World Order!!!

Is that a threat? The purpose of these forums is to communicate and when necessary to agree to disagree civilly!

My responses are measured. I threaten no one. I exercise my unalienable free will right to speak my mind whenever

it is worthwhile! If you or anyone else cares to offer specific examples - do it! Don't just generalize and make hints to suggest something that is NOT there because to me that is condescension! Each individual should stand on the merits of their own input - good or bad!

You on the other hand seem to be willing to come in and like your moniker exercise undue force to make your point

because perhaps you feel threatened by the fact that my ideas are meritorious! BTW, crosschecking is at least a two minute

penalty and nobody elected you as the enforcer. As a matter of fact that is a disappearing breed in the hockey world - get used to it!

The Sabres, like I've propounded numerous times are on the path to success via aptitude and skill! I am sure that is problematic for those who would rather engage in hockey that is less skill and aptitude and more bully - those days are gone!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it! I'll bet you or we can have a poll that the majority of fans will agree that the Sabres will win it all

with that style and goon hockey is NOT coming back - it is becoming far too competitive with the numbers of boys and girls entering this

tremendous sport and competition! The only thing left is to accelerate the quality control of the officiating - something to the tune of thanks , but no thanks if you can't comprehend aptitude and skill! This is NOT condescension! This is SabresRepublic! Welcome all to hockey's New World Order!!!

SMH :rolleyes:

Archived