The Music Thread

darksabre

I've seen that video before but not where you'd think. Back when I was a stupid teenager struggling with an ED it was in constant rotation on some pro-ana blogs I followed.  

Actually- interesting article on some backstory to that video...She'd probably be pretty dismayed to know how many of us tweenage idiots worshipped her body in that for the reasons we did... http://www.refinery29.com/2015/07/90367/fiona-apple-criminal-feminist-anthem

Really?

The guy from volbeat's voice makes me want to hit him in the throat with a car.

This is my new favorite insult. 

Edited by Josie914

I've seen that video before but not where you'd think. Back when I was a stupid teenager struggling with an ED it was in constant rotation on some pro-ana blogs I followed.  

Actually- interesting article on some backstory to that video...She'd probably be pretty dismayed to know how many of us tweenage idiots worshipped her body in that for the reasons we did... http://www.refinery29.com/2015/07/90367/fiona-apple-criminal-feminist-anthem

This is my new favorite insult. 

Erectile Disfunction?

Actually- interesting article on some backstory to that video...She'd probably be pretty dismayed to know how many of us tweenage idiots worshipped her body in that for the reasons we did... http://www.refinery29.com/2015/07/90367/fiona-apple-criminal-feminist-anthem

As per usual someone on here's depth way outreaches mine. I'm just really digging the fact that she's a bad, bad girl.

Insight, thank you!

Grateful

As per usual someone on here's depth way outreaches mine. I'm just really digging the fact that she's a bad, bad girl.

Grateful

haha nothing wrong with thinking it's hot! She's ripping her clothes off and writhing around in a steamy night in college most of us have fuzzy yet fond memories of! 

That's what I love about music videos/music culture- there's always the initial visual impact and then the story/stories behind it all. Good sh!t. Well, some of it's pretty bad, but hey, gotta have variety. 

I was just out driving and Fiona Apple came on. Criminal is one of the sexiest music videos ever made.

I loved that song and the production on that entire album was fantastic.

But I can honestly say the I have always found that look to be mostly disgusting. My wife lives me all the more for it.

I loved that song and the production on that entire album was fantastic.

But I can honestly say the I have always found that look to be mostly disgusting. My wife lives me all the more for it.

She went for trashy and hot and she f'ing nailed it. I dig it. You don't. It's all good. My wife, well I'll not comment on that :p

She went for trashy and hot and she f'ing nailed it. I dig it. You don't. It's all good. My wife, well I'll not comment on that :P

I like sexy and hot. A skeleton that looks like it doesn't have the strength to lift it's own arm just doesn't do anything for me.

I like sexy and hot. A skeleton that looks like it doesn't have the strength to lift it's own arm just doesn't do anything for me.

haha not to jump on ubkev's personal preferences here, but I remember when I first saw that video thinking it was extremely beautiful/desirable/everything I wanted to be. Haven't seen it in close to ten years... when he posted it today and I clicked play, I was honestly kinda shocked. Half because of her thinness and half because of how freakin' young she looks. Talented artist, regardless. 

The Industry and society still value thinner women but man... you have to give them some credit for normalizing a thicker/fitter body type in the last few years. I'm here for it. 

Variety is the spice of life ;)

Thin, "normal", athletic, thick...her voice is the sexiest thing about her.

• 3 weeks later...

Apple Music snuck "Don't Fear the Reaper" into a playlist I happening to be listening to right at this moment.

If anyone can find a better song from a lamer band I'd be amazed...

Saw them live when I was about 15-16. They were great. I wore that T till it literally fell off. They did a version of 'roadhouse blues' where the singer came out on stage on a Harley. That memory is seared into my mind. HOW DARE YOU CALL THEM LAME.lol

Anyone paying much attention to a group of 20ish guys called Greta Van Fleet ? Highway Tune is all over radio right now and sounds alot like Zeppelin. Not comparing them to Zep of course but they've borrowed heavily from the Zep and are a throwback band for sure. Singer sounds like a cross between Plant, Lee and the singer for Yes the name of which I forget. But he leans heavily to the blues side a la Plant. Watched their other tunes on Youtube and they're not bad. Takes me back to my youth.

I saw this a couple weeks ago while waiting for my account to be activated here.

I couldn't wait to watch the video, wholeheartedly expecting to be like "yeah, right. Zep? Not even close"...

...then I watched it. Then listened to some more. Holy it's like someone cloned Plant and Page. Maybe a little Peart mixed in (vocally). You could convince me it they were unheard deep tracks from the legendary Zep, if I hadn't seen those kids singing it with my own eyes.

So thanks for sharing. Between what these guys are doing (and storming the charts, 2nd last time I looked), and what Shooter is doing with Saving Country Music; I have renewed faith that real music with real instruments can make it's way back to the forefront. Perhaps even battle this robot seizure garbage that has taken over the "music" scene thess days.

I saw this a couple weeks ago while waiting for my account to be activated here.

I couldn't wait to watch the video, wholeheartedly expecting to be like "yeah, right. Zep? Not even close"...

...then I watched it. Then listened to some more. Holy ###### it's like someone cloned Plant and Page. Maybe a little Peart mixed in (vocally). You could convince me it they were unheard deep tracks from the legendary Zep, if I hadn't seen those kids singing it with my own eyes.

So thanks for sharing. Between what these guys are doing (and storming the charts, 2nd last time I looked), and what Shooter is doing with Saving Country Music; I have renewed faith that real music with real instruments can make it's way back to the forefront. Perhaps even battle this robot seizure garbage that has taken over the "music" scene thess days.

I know right. Kid can wail. Guitarist ain't bad either. Three brothers and a friend. Cool thing is when they play live during interviews the drummer plays guitar too.