PLAYOFF DISCUSSION THREAD

Eleven

Agree DR should study Pit's moves. Now that we know he is staying, I fully expect that he won't. That is so sad to think and feel that way, but he needs to freaking adapt already and do something different. No way 1 day is a "complete evaluation". The longer I'm a fan, the more angry I get with this management.

When you say Darcy should study Pitt's moves, are you confining that to strictly trade deadline moves? Or do you think he should follow Pitt's moves to the point where we finish last for a few years and garner draft picks like Malkin, Crosby, and Stall? Granted, they acquired some major league punch to go with their stars, but Hossa and Guerin were/are mere cogs in the wheel. When we have a core like the Guins, it'll be amazing how good our trade deadline deals to land that veteran presence to put us over the top look.

GO SABRES!!!

Hey guys, just returned to the States early this morning and been trying to catch up on some hockey. Despite Sharks being the top seed, I am not too surprised that the Ducks are giving them so much trouble as Ducks always give them a good deal of trouble and Sharks are known as playoff chokers. However, what does surprise me if that Hiller is in goal. He's playing like a beast but I didn't expect the Ducks keeper to dominate like this and not be Giguere. How did Hiller become their starter anyways?

Hey guys, just returned to the States early this morning and been trying to catch up on some hockey. Despite Sharks being the top seed, I am not too surprised that the Ducks are giving them so much trouble as Ducks always give them a good deal of trouble and Sharks are known as playoff chokers. However, what does surprise me if that Hiller is in goal. He's playing like a beast but I didn't expect the Ducks keeper to dominate like this and not be Giguere. How did Hiller become their starter anyways?

I was wondering the same thing yesterday while watching! I read a little and I think he was just getting inconsistent with too many ups and downs. Hiller seemed to step in and step up, and for a while the ducks rotated between them. I guess Hiller won out.

I don't know if this is true, but from some of the message boards I read thats what happened.

My thoughts on today:

4. St. Louis is done. And after hearing their playoff-starved fans boo the Canadian anthem, I'm glad. (I previously had wanted St. L to put on a show.) Half of the Blues are from Canada, or more, anyway, and guess what country just lost a couple of soldiers in Afghanistan fighting alongside the US? Poor, poor show by the Mizzurans.

Booing the anthem is pure filth and steps over the line. I didn't watch the anthems, as I pvr'd through them, but to hear they booed the Cdn anthem disgusts me. The Canucks are a serious threat to win it all. They are playing serious hockey and have been since Feb 1st. And the Blues are getting cheap. Backes' mugging of Sedin at the end of the game was very cheap but Henrik got up without a care. The Sedins, contrary to what some think, enjoy the tough go. They know what it takes after 7 years in the league and are the Canucks' top players on offense. They actually play better when they get roughed up.

I dont think I can stand another cup win in Mayberry land

Nor could I, that would be brutal. I see the Canes typical luck of their opponents losing key players to injury during playoff series is continuing with Langenbrunner going down with what looks to be a groin injury. The RBC is going to be nuts tomorrow, hopefully Brodeur can be Brodeur and steal game four and shut the caniacs up.

I actually had a friend of mine ask me with a straight face if I wanted to buy Canes playoffs tickets with him. I had to make it perfectly clear (for the 1000th time it seems) that the only time I will pay to watch hockey at the RBC center is if the Sabres are in town.

Let's Go Devils!

When you say Darcy should study Pitt's moves, are you confining that to strictly trade deadline moves? Or do you think he should follow Pitt's moves to the point where we finish last for a few years and garner draft picks like Malkin, Crosby, and Stall? Granted, they acquired some major league punch to go with their stars, but Hossa and Guerin were/are mere cogs in the wheel. When we have a core like the Guins, it'll be amazing how good our trade deadline deals to land that veteran presence to put us over the top look.

GO SABRES!!!

Even if we DID tank the next few seasons, who's to say we'd be able to identify players like the ones you mention, on a video tape? :wallbash:

Nor could I, that would be brutal. I see the Canes typical luck of their opponents losing key players to injury during playoff series is continuing with Langenbrunner going down with what looks to be a groin injury. The RBC is going to be nuts tomorrow, hopefully Brodeur can be Brodeur and steal game four and shut the caniacs up.

I actually had a friend of mine ask me with a straight face if I wanted to buy Canes playoffs tickets with him. I had to make it perfectly clear (for the 1000th time it seems) that the only time I will pay to watch hockey at the RBC center is if the Sabres are in town.

Let's Go Devils!

I was offered a set of free tickets for next game and respectfully declined them. I guess I could have gone and found a Devils hat to wear.

I suppose, but Rangers - Washington, interesting, Pittsburgh - Philly looking good. At any rate , enjoy reading the discussion, hope it heats up somewhat.

So what are your thoughts on tonights games?

Can Montreal and Calgary get in the series? Will AO score?

Of any series thats 2-0, i think Calgary is the best hope to end up winning.

Can't see Montreal , Calgary I think makes this series interesting yet. Hugely surprised with Washington thus far. Thought these guys would go to cup.

Interesting just listening to Schopp with Jerry Sullivan, Schopp asks should Rene Roberts comments be of any value, Sullivan, yes , what Robert says rings true. Schopp having a weenie about Rene Roberts comments.

So what are your thoughts on tonights games?

Can Montreal and Calgary get in the series? Will AO score?

Of any series thats 2-0, i think Calgary is the best hope to end up winning.

Check out the Boston Bruins playoff ads.... Very funny stuff. Very clever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ls0N74Q_HwE...PL&index=60

Pretty good. Wouldn't it be nice if the Sabres lightened up their marketing a bit? I've been watching Pens games and they also do a good job of making things fun and entertaining. Isn't that what it's about? Sabres seem to take themselves a bit too seriously. "Better Days" -- kids playing hockey with their "heros." I don't know. The Sabres Experience has grown very stale. Harry Neale didn't help.

Pretty good. Wouldn't it be nice if the Sabres lightened up their marketing a bit? I've been watching Pens games and they also do a good job of making things fun and entertaining. Isn't that what it's about? Sabres seem to take themselves a bit too seriously. "Better Days" -- kids playing hockey with their "heros." I don't know. The Sabres Experience has grown very stale. Harry Neale didn't help.

But Sabres sell out almost every game and have great television ratings.... Boston has (or had) troubles with it's attendance. Pittsburgh also sells out but still, if it ain't broke, why fix it?

Does anyone else think that watching a game at MSG is like what it would look like if they built an ice rink in a prison? The lighting is dingy, the colors are always muted, and there are all those bars along the sideboards. Are they trying to keep the players on the ice or the crowd off of it? HSBC is way better.

Does anyone else think that watching a game at MSG is like what it would look like if they built an ice rink in a prison? The lighting is dingy, the colors are always muted, and there are all those bars along the sideboards. Are they trying to keep the players on the ice or the crowd off of it? HSBC is way better.

:thumbsup: I think they gave the crowd glow in the dark clappy sticks too!

yes i have thought that as well. Images from the Garden look much darker somehow. Imagine camera's are higher as well. Hear often about the atmosphere it just does not translate on television at all. Gaming just not as exciting somehow.

Nice to see Washington winning tonight anyway.

yes i have thought that as well. Images from the Garden look much darker somehow. Imagine camera's are higher as well. Hear often about the atmosphere it just does not translate on television at all. Gaming just not as exciting somehow.

Nice to see Washington winning tonight anyway.

I go to just as many Sabres' games at MSG as I do at HSBC. It's not even close. The atmosphere at HSBC is WAY better, Unless of course you like watching hockey next to some douche in a three piece suit, talking on his cell phone while eating sushi(yes, that happened).

Archived