PLAYOFF DISCUSSION THREAD

Eleven

Nope I got two guys humping in boxer shorts on Versus. This absolutely sucks. I hate Cleveland - I really, really do. But when you're given 10.5 acres, you don't have a choice.

Not cool. But there's a new thread with a link to watch all the games online... Check it out.

Devils won :thumbsup:

Penguins won :thumbsup:

Rangers won :thumbdown:

Canucks won :thumbsup:

In East:

The series I really care about are NJ/Carolina and Pii/Philly. Hate Philly Phansand despise MOST Canes fans = bandwagon jumpers.

In West:

hard not to root for Red Wings and Blackhawks, RW because the consistency and Blackhawks since its been a long time.

Here is why the NHL is dying in the US. I have bought Center Ice on-line, I have Versus, and I have NBC (obviously), but I cannot watch any Playoff hockey tonight. Although cable lists Versus as having the Pit vs. Phi game in the schedule, they are showing UFC. You cannot watch any game via CI online through the NHL site and forget about NBC.

You cannot expect your league to be followed if no one can watch it.

Frustrating!!!!!

I was able to watch every game tonight. I have DirecTV and I had Flyers-Pens on VS.

Well, the league suspended Danny Carcillo and fined the Flyers' coach because of end-of-game shenanigans on Wednesday night; let's see if they do the same to the Habs for the bs at the end of last night's game. I doubt it. Not very classy, Canadiens. Not at all.

The President's Trophy is a curse! Sharks got shutout last night, 2-0. Total disappointment if they don't win it all. I guess only the Wings can win the President's trophy and the Cup in the same year. I really hope the Wings fall out too. So sick of them.

I'm kinda for the Canuck's to win it all, even though I really hate Sundin, that SOB!

Under the doctrine of misery loves company I don't root for teams that haven't yet won a cup. After that I go by when they last won the cup. So here is my rooting order based on that criteria with one exception. The 2006 Hurricans were the luckiest cup winners ever and I have to live among these clueless bandwagon fans. They would be #3 on my list of teams to root for, but I will not root for them under any circumstances. Instead I will group them with the teams that have never won.

Detroit 2008

Anaheim 2007

Carolina 2006

New Jersey 2004

NYR 1994

Montreal 1993

Pittsburgh 1992

Calgary 1989

Philly 1975

Boston 1972

Chicago 1961

Carolina / Washington / Columbus / Vancouver / St. Louis

Under the doctrine of misery loves company I don't root for teams that haven't yet won a cup. After that I go by when they last won the cup. So here is my rooting order based on that criteria with one exception. The 2006 Hurricans were the luckiest cup winners ever and I have to live among these clueless bandwagon fans. They would be #3 on my list of teams to root for, but I will not root for them under any circumstances. Instead I will group them with the teams that have never won.

Detroit 2008

Anaheim 2007

Carolina 2006

New Jersey 2004

NYR 1994

Montreal 1993

Pittsburgh 1992

Calgary 1989

Philly 1975

Boston 1972

Chicago 1961

Carolina / Washington / Columbus / Vancouver / St. Louis

Awesome

That was a great game.

Boy pitt looks great under the leadship of billy guerin. Strong vet attitude who brings it on the ice, takes some of the leadership responsibility off of Crosby.

Too bad a player like that wasn't avail. for the sabres to pick up at the trade deadling. <_<

With Guerin on this team do we make the playoffs?

If the answer is even close to yes, Darcy shouldn't be coming back next year.

Stupid loss by the Flyers in OT. After managing to stay in it the whole game against a clearly better Pittsburgh team, they take two dumb penalties in the waning minutes of OT to give Pitt a 5 on 3.

And Marty should have held the post better, but I think Timmonen confused him by sliding into the crease.

The Flyers took two awful penalties. Like the Raiders on skates. I am going to miss the Igloo. What a great building with great fans. Kind of refreshing to see an overtime goal scored, and the first look at the crowd doesn't show people running for the exits.

I enjoyed Mr. and Mrs. Malkin.

Stupid loss by the Flyers in OT. After managing to stay in it the whole game against a clearly better Pittsburgh team, they take two dumb penalties in the waning minutes of OT to give Pitt a 5 on 3.

And Marty should have held the post better, but I think Timmonen confused him by sliding into the crease.

To be fair (to the FLYERS? I'm obviously suffering from a split personality disorder...) that first penalty was crap. I've seen teams do that to the Sabs about a million times during regular season games, during regular time (not OT), and with no calls. In OT during a playoff game (we all know there's a double standard, even if we don't like it), that was a nonsense call.

Giroux knew he lost the game when he headed into the box. You just knew it was over.

My youngest son (6yrs old) is loco for all things Pittsburgh. He is a major Steelers fan and has a serious man-crush on Crosby. He was screaming in pure joy when Pittsburgh won that game last night. I remember that joy.

Got to say he is starting out right. At least he won't be stuck with the Buffalo sports ineptitude his 'hole' life like I am. I wish it was in my chemistry to root for another team, but sadly it isn't.

Go Sabres, Go Bills til I die.

Back to the game. That was a great game to watch last night. Carter had a golden opportunity and hit Fleury in the skate and then Pittsburgh had the same opportunity and hit Biron in the skate. Both had wide open nets to shoot at.

Last year Hossa, this year Guerin. Got to say Buffalo should study Pittsburgh's trade deadline moves.

Giroux knew he lost the game when he headed into the box. You just knew it was over.

My youngest son (6yrs old) is loco for all things Pittsburgh. He is a major Steelers fan and has a serious man-crush on Crosby. He was screaming in pure joy when Pittsburgh won that game last night. I remember that joy.

Got to say he is starting out right. At least he won't be stuck with the Buffalo sports ineptitude his 'hole' life like I am. I wish it was in my chemistry to root for another team, but sadly it isn't.

Go Sabres, Go Bills til I die.

Back to the game. That was a great game to watch last night. Carter had a golden opportunity and hit Fleury in the skate and then Pittsburgh had the same opportunity and hit Biron in the skate. Both had wide open nets to shoot at.

Last year Hossa, this year Guerin. Got to say Buffalo should study Pittsburgh's trade deadline moves.

Agree DR should study Pit's moves. Now that we know he is staying, I fully expect that he won't. That is so sad to think and feel that way, but he needs to freaking adapt already and do something different. No way 1 day is a "complete evaluation". The longer I'm a fan, the more angry I get with this management.

Loading up on Capitals and Sharks players in my pub playoff pool may backfire .... badly ..... losing the first two at home for the Caps is deadly.

Goaltending-goaltending-goaltending. Lundqvist was huge today with his shutout ... the Rangers could be very dangerous if he stays hot.

You want to see what the Sabres could have done, look no further than the Detroit - Columbus series. Columbus is giving it everything they've got effort-wise but just don't have the talent to get pucks past Osgood. Not to take anything away from how good Detroit is, but had the Sabres played with the kind of heart all season, that Columbus is playing with, the things they could have done...

It's frustrating to watch a team like Columbus lose, because you can tell they want to win so badly, but just don't have the talent. The kind of talent Buffalo has but doesn't back up with work ethic.

Please tune in to the next two games and watch Columbus play. I have no doubt they'll be done in four, but you can't help but wish they could at least score some goals, with the effort they're giving.

My thoughts on today:

1. The NHL suspended Lucic--and I don't think it's equal treatment. I'm rooting for the Habs in the series, but I've seen a lot of dirty play from Montreal, and I've seen a lot of the "sending a message" stuff that the league purportedly wants to stop. Lucic's action was absolutely wrong, I know, but the Habs have been just as bad, and I haven't seen any response from the league there.

2. Were CBC's colors off today, or were the Flyers wearing faded orange? (A quick visit to Ch. 2 confirmed the former.)

3. Nice to see Keenan stepping up for the '99 Sabs over the weekend. Cool.

4. St. Louis is done. And after hearing their playoff-starved fans boo the Canadian anthem, I'm glad. (I previously had wanted St. L to put on a show.) Half of the Blues are from Canada, or more, anyway, and guess what country just lost a couple of soldiers in Afghanistan fighting alongside the US? Poor, poor show by the Mizzurans.

5. I'm missing two great series--one because of time zones (the Cali series looks great), and one because of crappy programming. Why can't I see more of the Chicago-Calgary series?

Watching the game now and am bored... Has anyone else noticed that Doug Murray wears his visor extremely close to his helmet? (compared to other players) Makes hims look kind of funny, also noticed he was fogging up during a little scrum most likely due to lack of ventilation out the top since its so close. Yeah i'm that bored that im looking and noticing this crap.

Archived