GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

I think this team comes out of the All-Star break as if they never left the beach.

a west coast swing following a lengthy all-star break does seem to create a perfect storm of crapitude. let's pray not.

personally, my expectations are such that i will be happy if they can take 4 of 8 on this roadie. and, yeah, that sort of thinking means they'd need to make some serious hay later on in february. i'm okay with expecting that to happen as well.

Late start is nice. I may actually get to watch the game live. I think this team comes out of the All-Star break as if they never left the beach.

On the other hand, if I am not watching the game standing up in my living room, chances are I'll never make it to the 3rd period. :)

Late start is nice. I may actually get to watch the game live. I think this team comes out of the All-Star break as if they never left the beach.

Someone on this forum said it best in a different thread, where they said Edmonton is a bad team for Buffalo to play because they are young, careless, they have great speed and the hit like crazy. Sabres will need to play a tough game tonight as well as skate with one of the best skating teams in the league. This could be a lopsided game. Edmonton has won 7 of their last 10.

That being said, i think our offense could put up a few goals on them. I think our PP needs to be on top of their game and i expect Ryan Miller to play well. I think this is a game in which Connolly, Pominville and Roy can excel in. And i'm glad real hockey is back. The 5 day break was a bit too much.

Prior to the craptastic affair in Tampa WE won 7 out of our last 10 so hopefully we can play with some piss and vinegar and start off where we had left off before the Tampa incident. It is time to stop paying lip service with the coulda woulda shoulda's and play 60 minutes of hockey. We need the points.

It'll be interesting to see how the D handles tonight and the next few. I'm curious in particular about Paetsch. It's not really fair to expect much out of Gragnani, but this is an excellent opportunity for Nathan to prove he can be a top-6 NHL defenseman.

Hmmm ... do you think that it's important to score first tonight:

Edmonton Oilers

Win % when leading after 1: 92.9%

Win % when leading after 2: 92.9%

Win % when trailing after 1: 25.0%

Win % when trailing after 2: 11.1%

Sabres are a little less polarized in all cases.

9:00pm

Start off the second half with a victory. I'm not really interested in how it's done, just get 2 points!

I'm hoping that they remember their last game before the All-Star break and decide that they have to come out strong after the break in order to get back on track. Not holding my breath, but it would be a good sign if they do.

a west coast swing following a lengthy all-star break does seem to create a perfect storm of crapitude. let's pray not.

personally, my expectations are such that i will be happy if they can take 4 of 8 on this roadie. and, yeah, that sort of thinking means they'd need to make some serious hay later on in february. i'm okay with expecting that to happen as well.

Wow this says allot about our collective confidence in this team! We just do not know what to expect from these guy's do we?

I'm also hoping we see some piss and vinegar from them after the layoff, about time for Vanek to break from his little goal scoring slump to prove he was worth the FA offer from Oilers. I would also like to see Stafford show some stuff for the home crowd(his family's home that is). IMO This is one we need to make a strong showing to start this road trip off on the right skate, so to speak..

It'll be interesting to see how the D handles tonight and the next few. I'm curious in particular about Paetsch. It's not really fair to expect much out of Gragnani, but this is an excellent opportunity for Nathan to prove he can be a top-6 NHL defenseman.

This is also something I am keenly interested in watching as well however I do add Gragnani to this. I hope they give him at least 10-14 minutes to keep the pairings pretty even but more to see some of his offensive side that has him with 26 assists this year in the minors. It would be nice to see another youngin especially Dman steppin up for the future with some offensive potential instead of just offensive. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the early posting time Corp.

I agree with Inky here I think they suffer a beat down. This whole road trip has the chance to stink up the last half of this month. Hopefully the respond when pushed and fight back when down!

I predict a 4-2 Oilers win. Close but no cigar.

I am not curious about Paetsch. He has had many opportunities to prove himself and failed. I'm not sure why many seem to like him here. It's funny reading about Tallinder getting constantly bashed around here but everyone wants Paetsch to play. I just don't think he brings anything to this team.

I'm definitely ready for hockey again... I did my annual boycott of the ASG.. Time to lace'em back up...

My fantasy team is in last place. Someone was commenting that people aren't managing their lineups and they were frustrated by it. In my case, I've been routinely beaten by teams who haven't been paying attention. Talk about frustrating. I've got Miller and that little effort in TB doomed my team last week.

Looking for a strong rebound...

I am not curious about Paetsch. He has had many opportunities to prove himself and failed. I'm not sure why many seem to like him here. It's funny reading about Tallinder getting constantly bashed around here but everyone wants Paetsch to play. I just don't think he brings anything to this team.

Do people really feel that way? Yikes!

Archived