GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Among all the Sabres that played spectacularly tonight, one deserves special recognition. Dan Paille, someway, somehow, managed to finish with zero points and a -1 rating in this game. To achieve a -1 rating in a game where your team outscores the opponent by 8 goals is truly spectacular. Way to go Paille!!! By the way, he had zero shots on goal and 4 penalty minutes to round off the great night.

Sorry to introduce any negativity to this great win, but seriously...why is this guy still on the ice?

Just realized that I'm playing in a game tonight at 9:00, too. Hopefully, the Sabres will play better than I probably will ...

Actually, the Oilers managed to play even worse than we did; doubly so (we lost 5-1.) Glad our boys were on the right side of this one.

While i'd say losing 10-2 is a thousand times worse than 5-1... it is the same ratio...

Yeah, I know, but we only lost by four, as opposed to their eight. That's how I will think about it, because it makes me feel better. ;)

Edit #1: When I came out of the locker room and started watching the game, it was exactly 5-1. In the remaining time, the additional scoring was also exactly 5-1. Weird.

Edit #2: According to the Associated Press, that was the worst home loss in Edmonton Oilers' history. Wow!

Someone on this forum said it best in a different thread, where they said Edmonton is a bad team for Buffalo to play because they are young, careless, they have great speed and the hit like crazy. Sabres will need to play a tough game tonight as well as skate with one of the best skating teams in the league. This could be a lopsided game. Edmonton has won 7 of their last 10.

That being said, i think our offense could put up a few goals on them. I think our PP needs to be on top of their game and i expect Ryan Miller to play well. I think this is a game in which Connolly, Pominville and Roy can excel in. And i'm glad real hockey is back. The 5 day break was a bit too much.

Good call! ;)

Among all the Sabres that played spectacularly tonight, one deserves special recognition. Dan Paille, someway, somehow, managed to finish with zero points and a -1 rating in this game. To achieve a -1 rating in a game where your team outscores the opponent by 8 goals is truly spectacular. Way to go Paille!!! By the way, he had zero shots on goal and 4 penalty minutes to round off the great night.

Sorry to introduce any negativity to this great win, but seriously...why is this guy still on the ice?

Potential? :unsure:

a west coast swing following a lengthy all-star break does seem to create a perfect storm of crapitude. let's pray not.

inkie - we're not idiots - it's just that our prayers were answered.

i watched probably 2/3 of the game -- the outcome of the game seemed equally due to (1) how badly the oilers played and (2) the sabres' readiness to take advantage of what the oilers gave them (and, boy, the oilers were generous).

Wow! I did not expect to see a score like that when I woke up this morning. I decided sleep was important last night, but now I wish I watched a good portion of the blow out. Stafford is laying his claim as to why he should be locked as a Sabre. Paille's done in Buffalo. He showed so much potential or a change in his game at the beginning of the season. Boy, did that not last. I can't believe somebody could pull that hard of a 180.

Intangibles?

:blink:

Wikipedia lists Kevin Quinn & Louie DeBrusk as the broadcast team. They are decent.

I thought they were better than decent. Quinn didn't try to "wow" us with his knowledge of hockey terms and DeBrusk just called it like he saw it. They were actually complimenting the visiting team on the things they were doing right and taking shots at their "own team" when they did stuff (well...everything) wrong.

Impressive. I'd love to hear these guys some more to make sure they weren't trying to impress the MSG audience, but if they were doing so, they would've turned me off.

I saw very little of the game, but when I did have a chance to watch, Gragnani on the Oilers second goal showed why the Sabres should move him to forward permanently.

Other than that, I wish I could have seen the whole game. :( I hope they have a few goals left in the tank for tonight! :thumbsup:

Are two people on here seriously ready to throw Paille under the bus because of that game last night? A -1, big deal. Edmonton gets a goal during garbage time, which falls completely on Gragnini's shoulders, so let's blame Paille. The 4th line got essentially no ice time last night (which I don't understand), especially once Mair left the game. Those 3 players on that line were the only forwards to not record a point.

Archived