GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Gene Principe is doing the inerviewing and excellent TV sports reporter.

He used to be on the Global (UHF) channel show 'Sportsline'.

That show produced Jim Tatti, Mark Hebscher, and originated with Bob McCown (Fan 590).

The channel was available on 6, 41, and 55 in the Buffalo area.

I used to watch this sports highlight show every night. I knew it was the only good place to see hockey highlights in the eighties and nineties.

It was well done and entertaining.

I don'y know who the play-by-play guy or the colr guy is.

I'll put him on during the second period and give Craig/ Harry a break.

Funny they mentioned the Oiler's 30th anniversary decals for sale.

Pronounced as DECK-alls.

Must be an Alberta thing.

4-0, goodnight guys.

Is it just me, or is this announcer perhaps one of the worst PBP announcers of all time? I would literally rather have Howard "Hose" Simon from WGR 550 as the announcer, and any of you who have heard his "every play is more exciting than the last play" style of announcing, know that I hold him in no high regard---usually it was good for some laughs tho when he got really wound up---but this guy sounds like a guy they pulled off WBEN 930 who normally hosts a tax show or something---I mean when Stafford scored 10 seconds into the game, I literally thought it was the fastest goal in the history of the NHL because they hadn't even started announcing yet---it was like he took a slapshot off the opening faceoff or something...

Is it just me, or is this announcer perhaps one of the worst PBP announcers of all time? I would literally rather have Howard "Hose" Simon from WGR 550 as the announcer, and any of you who have heard his "every play is more exciting than the last play" style of announcing, know that I hold him in no high regard---usually it was good for some laughs tho when he got really wound up---but this guy sounds like a guy they pulled off WBEN 930 who normally hosts a tax show or something---I mean when Stafford scored 10 seconds into the game, I literally thought it was the fastest goal in the history of the NHL because they hadn't even started announcing yet---it was like he took a slapshot off the opening faceoff or something...

To be fair the lights were actually still partially down in the rink which was weird...it was like TV wasn't ready for it either

Is it just me, or is this announcer perhaps one of the worst PBP announcers of all time?

Kevin Sylvester is by far the worst PbP guy I've ever heard. And to think he might be next in line after RJ.

I can't believe how well this team is playing tonight. Crisp passes. Puck control. Swarming on the lone carrier when defending the power play. Tim Connolly perched on the doorstep as if he were Danny Briere. Defensemen blocking shots (ok, we had a scare w/ Rivet there and still have one w/ Mair). Combination passes and waiting for the goalie to go down--then another pass before the shot. It's like October 2006 again.

Archived