Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Well, buy a new bike then!

I think I'm gonna build one. Went to a few bike shops in the area and they all told me the same thing: my bike is too old to put money into, and it's too small for me anyways. But they all want $400 and up for anything mid range that is new, so I think I'm gonna put one together on my own. Another project. :thumbsup:

The great burger place out here is giving out free burgers and fries today during a 3 hour window. Unfortunately, there's basically no way I can make it there at that time. :censored:

Isn't that usually the way it goes...kind of like the old adage...a day late and a dollar short. :doh:

1. Posters who read the original post and hit reply, without reading the rest of the thread to see if they are simply repeating what's already been posted or to see if there is any additional info posted throughout the thread.

2. Disclaimer - this is not intended to be disrespectful of anyone who has had breast cancer or has had someone in their family suffer from BC. That being said - I am so sick and tired of seeing and hearing commercials for the Breast Cancer 3-day Walk. They are on every station and seem to run in every commercial break, they seem to on nearly every radio station, and here in Cleveland they started the media blitz back in October/November for an event that was eight-nine months away. It's massive overkill, IMO.

My biggest complaint is Posters who read the original post and hit reply, without reading the rest of the thread to see if they are simply repeating what's already been posted or to see if there is any additional info posted throughout the tread.

:thumbsup:

My biggest complaint is Posters who read the original post and hit reply, without reading the rest of the thread to see if they are simply repeating what's already been posted or to see if there is any additional info posted throughout the tread.

1. Posters who read the original post and hit reply, without reading the rest of the thread to see if they are simply repeating what's already been posted or to see if there is any additional info posted throughout the thread.

2. Disclaimer - this is not intended to be disrespectful of anyone who has had breast cancer or has had someone in their family suffer from BC. That being said - I am so sick and tired of seeing and hearing commercials for the Breast Cancer 3-day Walk. They are on every station and seem to run in every commercial break, they seem to on nearly every radio station, and here in Cleveland they started the media blitz back in October/November for an event that was eight-nine months away. It's massive overkill, IMO.

How about in a country as wealthy as ours (still), our government can't fund cancer research to end this scourge once and for all. But the spending bill signed yesterday was chock full of billions in pork. There shouldn't have to be 3-day walks. Honestly, it's a disgrace to our nation.

I just want it to be spring so I can ride my bike.

More seriously, this time: Pedestrians who run out into oncoming traffic, and then stop running and start strolling across the street, as if they're NBA defenders who have established position in the paint or something. The worst that can happen is not a sore jaw and a charging foul, you idiots; it's my car pulverizing your femur to a fine powder when I can't stop in time.

And I walk a LOT; my complaint is not about pedestrians in general.

As a graduate of Boston University, the fact that you just referred to something that completely sucks as "BC" makes me so happy.

But anyway, someone here at work made a request to a co-worker for something that would take a couple months to put together, but she needs it immediately. That person told her that it would take a long time to put together, so she turned around and asked me for it now. Ummm, you do realize that the answer isn't suddenly going to change... especially when you're turning to someone who has less to do with that project than the first person.

More seriously, this time: Pedestrians who run out into oncoming traffic, and then stop running and start strolling across the street, as if they're NBA defenders who have established position in the paint or something. The worst that can happen is not a sore jaw and a charging foul, you idiots; it's my car pulverizing your femur to a fine powder when I can't stop in time.

And I walk a LOT; my complaint is not about pedestrians in general.

I have an issue with the pedestrians in my office....those who walk slow enough to milk the last 5 hours of their day by going to the restroom & back.

How about in a country as wealthy as ours (still), our government can't fund cancer research to end this scourge once and for all. But the spending bill signed yesterday was chock full of billions in pork. There shouldn't have to be 3-day walks. Honestly, it's a disgrace to our nation.

:lol: Best joke of the year.

You are aware that there is not one nation that has a gold standard, right? Fiat currency is utter hogwash. You can thank Woodrow Wilson for that... :thumbdown: