Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

I am closing on a house in a couple of weeks. One minute, I am happy about it, the next minute I am miserable. One minute I love the house, the next minute I hate the house. The prospect of writting that check for 20% and then signing my life away makes me want to puke.
I feel your pain...doing the same right now. It is the worst thing ever, but hopefully it works out for the best keep your head up.

Don't worry, it only goes downhill from here. Hey, at least I get to keep my crappy house. Woo hoo! :wallbash:

Market and economies. Half the people are right, half are wrong, and most have some type of say in my financial future.

I say that in these turbulent times it is important to remember some fundamentals when it comes to investing and how to weather these difficult markets.

A few tips:

1. Sit back and relax, interlace your fingers put them on the back of your head and relax in that easy chair.

2. Find your happy place, perhaps spreading your legs wide and having your partner perform may be nice.

3. Realize that if you continue to lose money, you?ll have no partner, your retirement will be put off another 5 years and you?ll need step 4, see below.

4. A combination of step one, put your hands behind your head. Step two, spread your legs wide. And finally put your head between your legs and kiss your ass goodbye.

I go out of my way to help folks in a different department at work and they can't so much as reply to a simple email when I need something. This hasn't happened once. Not twice. Probably a good two dozen times. If not more. This group is notorious for this among us technical folks. When I bring it up, it's always something I've done wrong. Perhaps I approached it incorrectly, used the wrong tone, or wasn't persistent enough. Hell, I'm logged in doing something now because they "forgot" to tell the night shift dude to do something last night.

I don't get this. How is it my problem? Why aren't these other guys kicked for playing black hole?

I'm ultimately responsible for all of the systems. If I just ignore it and it breaks, it's my fault too!

Bah.

I go out of my way to help folks in a different department at work and they can't so much as reply to a simple email when I need something. This hasn't happened once. Not twice. Probably a good two dozen times. If not more. This group is notorious for this among us technical folks. When I bring it up, it's always something I've done wrong. Perhaps I approached it incorrectly, used the wrong tone, or wasn't persistent enough. Hell, I'm logged in doing something now because they "forgot" to tell the night shift dude to do something last night.

I don't get this. How is it my problem? Why aren't these other guys kicked for playing black hole?

I'm ultimately responsible for all of the systems. If I just ignore it and it breaks, it's my fault too!

Bah.

Sounds almost like me dealing with the Delmarva regional dispatcher at the company I work for. (Yet the poetic justice I get out of it is when I call his bluff and he realizes he effed up without completely admitting to it. :nana: )

Trying to find a way to relax after last night and the past few seasons. What's NOT been happenin' is my complaint.

What's goin' on brutha? (6:46)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9KC7uhMY9s&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9KC7uhMY9s&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Guest Sloth
Some stupid animal I think it is a Skunk is digging up my yard for bugs. My house is right next to the woods... GO LOOK IN THERE!

Anyone know how fix this? Do I just re-seed etc?

Don't worry about the skunk. Simply kill the bugs. If the skunk's food source is gone, it will not come back. I had the same problem last year.

Some stupid animal I think it is a Skunk is digging up my yard for bugs. My house is right next to the woods... GO LOOK IN THERE!

Anyone know how fix this? Do I just re-seed etc?

Step 1:

Leave some tasty garbage on your porch

Step 2:

Get beer

Step 3:

Perch yourself inconspicuously with shotgun

Step 4:

Wait for skunk

Step 5:

When finished, drink beer.

See avatar.

More pedestrian idiocy: Woman crossing street yesterday, into traffic about 300 feet before an intersection, strolls out from between two SUVs (so she was not visible) that were stopped at a red light, into the left turn lane (which was moving), and then--THEN--continued to slowly cross as I slammed on my brakes. Missed her by about a foot and a half.

I really think some of these people are trying to become Ross Cellino's next client. But they might not last long enough.