Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Well, you mentioned it earlier, which is why I replied in kind. That was one reason.

Second, while it was nice to get reacquainted with old friends (like a pastor in Germany), I could ask practically anyone to be my friend and they wouldn't know me from Adam. Look at the number of friends that Teppo has on FB, and he probably doesn't even know 1/4 of them personally. (He is a likable guy, and I am not complaining about the number of friends he has on there. I am just using that for the sake of argument.)

Third, if I did enough digging on a friend's info tab, I could see what some of their issues were. I won't go into details, but as I was taking my friends list down to zero, I would look through every info page and see where some people stood on some things. If I didn't like what I read, they wouldn't be getting future emails from me or any notification that I was leaving. (Conversely, I noticed that there was a friend or two whom I invited who later unfriended me, and I think I can safely assume that these old friends didn't like what they read. With me being an ultraconservative of the Ron Paul variety, it doesn't surprise me in the least.)

Fourth, my wife had an account with FB for a few months. All of a sudden, out of the blue, she gets a message from someone who stalked her when she was in college back in the mid 90's. That was enough for her right there.

Thanks for the response.

I going to sneak one in on Friday morning before the Mods close it down..

NHL.COM..

Slowest damn loading web page ever. They make things difficult to find. The scores are absolutely the last thing to load and virtually the only reason I go there.. And all black.. what are they preparing for their funeral...

That is an extreme understatement right there. They just don't make cartoons like they used to.

Who here doesn't remember the Smurfs???

Road Runner

Bugs Bunny

and all the other WB cartoons

Tom and Jerry

Johnny Quest

Flintstones

Jetsons

Saturdays with cartoons and the 3 Stooges were staples of my childhood

I was sick of the word "bracket" even before Sunday. It's making me :sick: at this point.

I HATE MARCH MADNESS!!

If a game winning basket with no time on the clock didn't happen every third game, I might actually get excited over it.

And what's with all the teams. Who cares about Laramie Ag/Tech vs. Peoria Clown College.

Every year this friday, I leave work early to pregame the Hockey East tournament (1st game is at 5). This time, though, I have the possibility of a last second meeting hovering over me. This is going to severely impact my plans for the day. I'm not supposed to be able to walk by about 7PM, but now that might get pushed back to 8 or 9. Completely unacceptable.

Plus/MINUS!!!!!

Added complaint feature: dispatchers at my trucking company don't seem to pay attention to "Time at Home" requests. In a perfect world, it should be ex-truckers who should be dispatchers because they actually know what makes us tick.

It has nothing to do with knowing what makes you tick, it is about listening and doing your job. I'm a dispatcher and I never miss home times unless freight conditions completely prevent you from getting home. And then I talk to you about it before you miss time off.

outrage i say, outrage... and just imagine many when asked " what is spam?" would reply it is unwanted e-mail. :o . What was that movie where teens ruled and all over a certain age eliminated. A opposing seniors version need be made... :chris:

I met 10 teenagers yesterday that asked me what baloney was.....

Seriously...they did not know what baloney was.....one knew...but couldn't really

describe it to the others.

Not right. Not right I tell you.

outrage i say, outrage... and just imagine many when asked " what is spam?" would reply it is unwanted e-mail. :o . What was that movie where teens ruled and all over a certain age eliminated. A opposing seniors version need be made... :chris:

Logan's Run for Old Folks and Their Sammies.

Portion sizes.

I bought a "medium" combo meal at Wendy's. I could barely carry the bucket-sized drink they gave me.

(And to complain about exactly the opposite, the drink was gone in no time. It was full to the cap with ice, and there couldn't have been more than 8 oz of soda in there)

Portion sizes.

I bought a "medium" combo meal at Wendy's. I could barely carry the bucket-sized drink they gave me.

(And to complain about exactly the opposite, the drink was gone in no time. It was full to the cap with ice, and there couldn't have been more than 8 oz of soda in there)

You know what else has sizes that are completely off? Movie theaters. Since when is a medium coke a liter sized cup, and since when is a medium popcorn the size of my damn head?

I was watching the game on NHLN last night. It was the TSN feed of the Calgary game. It was in HD but I noticed that it just didn't look right to me. I then noticed that there was the banner across the top of the picture that has the score and time on it. Fine. But then I noticed that it was not at the top of the screen. It was actually down a bit and the picture above it was in shadow. Whenever play was in the middle of the ice you could not see anything on the far side of the rink because of this stupid banner.

So my complaint is more of a question. What kind of jackass says to themselves,"Ya know, that HD picture is just too darn big. I think we should cover almost an eighth of it."? Oh yeah, TV producers who cant get out of their own way. And I did measure it. They covered up almost an eighth of the picture :doh:

oh my goodness, March Madness is preempting " Judy Judy" , no judge judy ... omg..

oh and another thing, why are there not more complaints, I suspect you are all just waiting for tomorrow night and then you are all going to go crazy again aren't you...? :o

Not enough credit given to :worthy: carp for replying to G.M. Most of us see his posts and scroll away.

Can I put in a pre-emptive complaint for the eventual novel he'll post in here if he ever discovers this thread? Oh wait, he only posts in his own threads to call Wolfy an idiot. But hey, at least he's right on that point.