Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

The protesters were from that Westboro Baptist Church of Topeka, KS which is headed by none other than Fred Phelps. They are an aberration to say the least. A majority of conservative Christians rational human beings would say that WBC is definitely on the fringe.

Fixed.

I hate that the Sabres, for my entire hockey-watching life, have been so bad at clearing the zone. How come other teams just walk right out of the zone after a Sabres' dump-in, and our guys continually get hemmed in? It's mind-numbing, and it pisses me off! Dammit!

:wallbash:

-: Funny how all of the anti-war protesting disappeared after the 2008 elections. :wallbash: I noticed that hardly anyone is protesting against Obama's surge into Afghanistan - except this guy. IIRC, history is not kind to Afghanistan's invaders. Just ask the Soviets.

I'm sure some Americans protested the invasion of Afghanistan, but not many did. It's the Iraq part that drew the protests. You know, the war that was started for no reason, even though we hadn't won the important war yet? That one. (In case anyone forgot... Bin Laden : Afghanistan :: non-existent WMDs : Iraq.)

No complaints. :beer:

Ditto.

Sabres won last night, and while I've been sick for the past 3 days, I was able to sit home all day and monitor the free agency frenzy that wasn't. Yes, I'm a toole, and yes, I watch the NFL draft on the first day.... :blush:

My almost-13-year-old dog (shih tzu) decides she wants to pace on the bed at 3:30am this morning. She usually doesn't do that, so it's a clear sign that she's gotta go. The wife gets up to take her out and then neither of us get any sleep for the rest of the night.

Getting stuck in line behind the jackasses at Subway who are buying for the entire office. I swear the next time I see someone standing at the counter with a list in her hand and saying things like "and on THIS one..." I'm gonna lose it.

Brought up by someone last week - people who drive diagonally through parking lots and don't follow the lanes.

Indecisive people at the point of sale.

I'll be back with more later.

My 20 month old daughter took all her clothes off in the time it took me to get up from the couch and refill my cup of coffee. When I saw her there, she just started peeing. I grabbed her. When I turned around, the dog was cleaning it up for me.

All of this before 7:00 AM this morning.

(Quite honestly, I found it rather funny).

Real complaint:

The ATM at the bank ate my damn check, which should have cleared Monday. It hasn't yet, so now I'm having to get them to reimburse overdraft fees. Yay. Does anyone know of a bank that doesn't "take 1 to 3 business days" to do the simplest damn task? This is annoying.

My almost-13-year-old dog (shih tzu) decides she wants to pace on the bed at 3:30am this morning. She usually doesn't do that, so it's a clear sign that she's gotta go. The wife gets up to take her out and then neither of us get any sleep for the rest of the night.

I've got an almost-13-year-old Pug/Chuhuahua mix that does the pacing thing, too. She can't sit still and has back troubles. It's tough to watch when there's nothing you can do about it.

Idiots that are confused by the self-checkout machines. How freaking hard can it be? If you're that stupid, go to the cashier and get out of my way, dumb-ass!

To piggyback on that - idiots who take carts that are heaping full into the self-checkout lines. It should be an express lane sort of experience.

I've got an almost-13-year-old Pug/Chuhuahua mix that does the pacing thing, too. She can't sit still and has back troubles. It's tough to watch when there's nothing you can do about it.

Bingo. Mine is now starting to regularly snap at me in the morning when I pick her up...not a good sign. :(

To piggyback on that - idiots who take carts that are heaping full into the self-checkout lines. It should be an express lane sort of experience.

Mea culpa.

However, I've done those self-checkout things at Wal-Mart so many times regardless of the amount of groceries that I have that I actually know what I'm doing so that way it's virtually painless to whoever is behind me.

Mea culpa.

However, I've done those self-checkout things at Wal-Mart so many times regardless of the amount of groceries that I have that I actually know what I'm doing so that way it's virtually painless to whoever is behind me.

I don't mind larger orders in front of me if a) there are multiple self-checkout lines, so I can choose another line, and/or b) the people know WTF they are doing. It's when I go into Giant Eagle and watch these elderly people holding up the line because they are fumbling with the self-checkout process or they have a whole cart full of produce that I want to smack them in the head.

Plus going to the staffed registers you have a much better chance of having some there to bag for you. At least that's how it is in our stores.