Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Man, that seems like a waste. These are your prime drinking years when you can power through a hangover with little effort. My tolerance for booze hasn't really gone down any from my college days but my recovery time feels like it has doubled.

I'm the exact opposite. My hangovers are nothing compared to what they used to be. Although, that's probably more a function of not smoking anymore.

Just found out I have to work on Sunday 10th. I almost waited until tomorrow's thread to post that but figured it should go here.

Just got a gig with a quick turnaround... they need a ton of work by Tuesday. Wellp. Guess I'm working this weekend. Not the sort of job I can turn down, either.

This is why my commissions are so horribly behind. 

Just got a gig with a quick turnaround... they need a ton of work by Tuesday. Wellp. Guess I'm working this weekend. Not the sort of job I can turn down, either.

Please tell me you charged double for the holiday.

I'm the exact opposite. My hangovers are nothing compared to what they used to be. Although, that's probably more a function of not smoking anymore.

Just found out I have to work on Sunday 10th. I almost waited until tomorrow's thread to post that but figured it should go here.

Smoking pot or cigarettes? I've dabble with the reefer on and off over the years through my teens to the present. I've noticed that when I mix the two (beer and weed) that I get extra inebriated but my hangovers are pretty much tied directly to how much I drink regardless of the amount I smoke.

Smoking pot or cigarettes? I've dabble with the reefer on and off over the years through my teens to the present. I've noticed that when I mix the two (beer and weed) that I get extra inebriated but my hangovers are pretty much tied directly to how much I drink regardless of the amount I smoke.

C'mon. Cigarettes, of course.

C'mon. Cigarettes, of course.

My bad, man. It wasn't obvious to me. I can't really compare on cigarettes either though because I've been smoking for 20 years now including my younger drinking days and my current drinking days. I've cut back a lot on my smoking (from a high of around 2 packs per day to just under half a pack a day on average now) but the minute I crack a beer I go back to smoking cigarettes at a fairly steady clip. They just go so damn well together.

If/when I eventually quit smoking though I hope that it lessens my hangovers as well. That could provide the extra motivation to give up the coffin nails for good.

Edited by Drunkard

What swamp said. You better be charging them a premium. I wanted time for us this weekend. 

I can directly tie the severity of my hangovers to the amount of cigarettes I have. I can also directly tie my level of drunk with my need of said cigarettes 

My bad, man. It wasn't obvious to me. I can't really compare on cigarettes either though because I've been smoking for 20 years now including my younger drinking days and my current drinking days. I've cut back a lot on my smoking (from a high of around 2 packs per day to just under half a pack a day on average now) but the minute I crack a beer I go back to smoking cigarettes at a fairly steady clip. They just go so damn well together.

If/when I eventually quit smoking though I hope that it lessens my hangovers as well. That could provide the extra motivation to give up the coffin nails for good.

No worries. I was just a little taken aback that anyone would think I would ever quit that.

I can directly tie the severity of my hangovers to the amount of cigarettes I have. I can also directly tie my level of drunk with my need of said cigarettes 

Absolutely. Luckily it's been long enough to where that need is completely gone, and I can't even believe I ever used to smoke.

I've been working with this dip foreman since Xmas. I say working with not for because I'm telling HIM the moves we need to make everyday. I only need him to order and replace the consumables we need and he even that up. I spent the last hour of my day trying to track him down for some $2 replacement lenses for a weld hood. When I finally track him down I learn he hasn't even called to order more. "Im waiting for more things to add to the list" he says. WTF?! I'm really fuming by now. "Why do you get so angry?" he asks. HA! Mother hasn't even come close to seeing iT angry. He is labeling frustration as anger apparently. Let me help you out, man. If iT is ranting and raving then iT's only frustrated. If iT's punching himself in the the face then iT's angry. Very angry. Does that help with understanding?

Why would someone punch themself in the face you may ask? I'm pretty sure I'll get arrested if I punch you in the face. I can do whatever I want with mine!

Long story short he cuts corners with quality and safety. We had a good man fired last week due to following the dip chit's orders. I can guarantee Mr. Dip that won't happen to me. I pulled the apprentice away from Dum Dum's orders to be my fire watch. He was my fire watch all morning until Scrambled Brains pulled him away for some minor chore. When the kid said "but Dum Dum has me doing this.." I say " Dum Dum. I have some important work for you to do, kid." For the love of life! We are in a freaking chemical plant! Plant rules demand a dedicated fire watch at all times! Both the apprentice and me would be fired on spot for putting the place in that sort of danger. If Dum Dum gets anyone else fired I'm going to....Kick. His. Ass!

Pretty fire-able offense around here. Are they a senior member?

Not when you have trusted employee status.  The higher ups say we don't need to switch it back.  I'm going to have to document every reason why the thing sucks.  That's about the only way that I could maybe get this fixed.  Every day we find even more reasons why it doesn't work.

No worries. I was just a little taken aback that anyone would think I would ever quit that.

Absolutely. Luckily it's been long enough to where that need is completely gone, and I can't even believe I ever used to smoke.

I quit cigarettes 15+ yrs ago. I needed to quit alcohol as well for a good 2 yrs because I went right back to them if I had even one drink. I'm back to being a pro drinker though. I get falling down drunk and never have a hangover. It drives my wife nuts that I'm crashing into everything in the house but am still up at 6 am doing chores. If you do it everyday it's not really partying though. It's more of a lifestyle. ;)

A work complaint as old as time; people who don't actually have to do the job mandating a particular task be done, in spite of several conversations making clear the issues with said task and the multitude of reasons why it's actually a terrible idea.  "Make it work."   :censored:

Speaking of work; I'm still f*cking here.  Again.  BLARGH.

I originally had yesterday off to play in a golf tournament, then get some various odd tasks done that need to get done. Then we get an emergency request Tuesday afternoon to work on a high-profile project initiated by the CEO, which needed to be done as soon as humanly possible.

So, what do I do? I volunteer to cancel my day off, withdraw from the tournament, and show up to work. I completed everything I needed to do with about 3 hours to spare.

Then I find out it really just needed to be done by the end of the week. :censored:

That said, it has to do with relief for Harvey victims in Texas, so I'm not too upset.

Edited by Buffalo Wings

So you didn't create the template before week 1 and then decided to create it after week 1 and then tell me you thought I was going to cover the template... I did, but I covered the generic template in week 1 because you were too ###### lazy to do your job ahead of time. Now you are bitching to me I won't set aside time to go over the template again but I already did. You changed it after I covered it! eat a bag of nails

Edited by LGR4GM

tennis elbow won't go away

Had that last year. Tweaked it during something inane and it really effed up my aerial stuff. 

Stretches. Do stretches. Not too much, but keep it limber. Takes a lot of time, unfortunately. 

My complaint is the hurricane. More and more of the meteorological models are showing it plowing the east side of Florida. Currently, that beast is bigger than the entire state, so everyone's ostensibly in its path.

My client/friend/boss/reason I can pay my bills is a cop in North Miami. He said he's as ready as he'll ever be, but between him and my family in St Pete/Tampa and friends in Sarasota... I'm real worried. I have friends burning in the northwest and Cali, friends who lost everything in Houston, and now friends prepping for a beast of a hurricane. 

Bluh. 

I quit cigarettes 15+ yrs ago. I needed to quit alcohol as well for a good 2 yrs because I went right back to them if I had even one drink. I'm back to being a pro drinker though. I get falling down drunk and never have a hangover. It drives my wife nuts that I'm crashing into everything in the house but am still up at 6 am doing chores. If you do it everyday it's not really partying though. It's more of a lifestyle. ;)

Hah same, I just drink a bunch of water before I sleep, never get hung over.   Also never fall down though, would have to drink 30 + beers for that :p

it's from golfing too much, and i'm addicted to it, so i'm trying to dial back, but life is too short haha

i'll try stretching and whatnot, it's not completely debilitating, really only notice it on my back swing when golfing, but it's been almost a month now and only slight improvement.

tennis elbow won't go away

Had it a few times. Last time it lingered for 12 months. They have a specific brace for tennis elbow. It deflects the stresses in the tendon to a different spot so it can heal. It's over the counter so many retailers have them. I'd try one at least while your golfing. As Josie says, mild stretching will help.

Hah same, I just drink a bunch of water before I sleep, never get hung over. Also never fall down though, would have to drink 30 + beers for that :p

You need to drink some real Kentucky moonshine. My brother does wind farm maintenance and travels all over. He brings me a jar now and then. You will not only fall down, you will forget your own name.

Edited by iTInSn

The Equifax data breach. What a bunch of idiots over there. Now I have to spend a bunch of my free time trying to learn about the ramifications and understand the ways in which I can monitor my credit and ensure my identity isn't being stolen and abused.  :censored:  :wallbash:  :doh: