Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

NHL GameCenter keeps crashing on the AppleTV. Wrote to them and the customer service said to delete the app then boot up Apple TV again.

You can't delete apps on Apple TV. They f'n knew that. They just know that their app is sh!t and they have no idea how to fix it.

We just had this happen today at St. Bonaventure. Very very sad news, and my thoughts are with the family and friends.

He was friends with a whole bunch of my townie friends (I grew up in the Olean area). Hungout at his place a few times, but I knew the other people that lived there more than him. Such a shame.

Related to Apple suckitude: wishing I hadn't relented and installed iOS 8.1. Safarai is really freaking annoying and slow now with auto-refreshing when I switch between tabs instead of letting me manually refresh. Blargh.

Everything is slower now on my iPad.

As complaints go this is nothing major, but ...

... I was stopped at a signal light the other day and when the left turn arrow signal started to flash he (my passenger / co-pilot) gleefully announced ... "Oh, great. You got an advanced green".

UUUUUGGGGHHHHH!!

Edited by Sabres Fan In NS

As complaints go this is nothing major, but ...

... I was stopped at a signal light the other day and when the left turn arrow signal started to flash he gleefully announced ... "Oh, great. You got an advanced green".

UUUUUGGGGHHHHH!!

This whole thing with flashing turn arrows, is that common? I had never seen that before I moved to NC. In Buffalo and Boston the turn arrows just went solid green/yellow/red just like normal lights. Apparently you have the blinking ones up in NS too.

This whole thing with flashing turn arrows, is that common? I had never seen that before I moved to NC. In Buffalo and Boston the turn arrows just went solid green/yellow/red just like normal lights. Apparently you have the blinking ones up in NS too.

As far as I know the flashing green arrow is common all over Canada ... so long as there is space on the signal light ... if not the green light will flash, which means you can go straight, or have an ADVANCE green left turn signal.

As far as I know the flashing green arrow is common all over Canada ... so long as there is space on the signal light ... if not the green light will flash, which means you can go straight, or have an ADVANCE green left turn signal.

We get blinking yellow turn arrows here. They blink when the oncoming lane has a green. That's a new one to me, hadn't seen those before. I like it though. It saves you from the insanity that was Boston drivers turning left whenever they damn well pleased.

Related to Apple suckitude: wishing I hadn't relented and installed iOS 8.1. Safarai is really freaking annoying and slow now with auto-refreshing when I switch between tabs instead of letting me manually refresh. Blargh.

Everything is slower now on my iPad.

We had to send a company wide memo to NOT install yosemite because it is absolutely screwing up most of the dev programs. It's also affecting photoshop. I have yet to upgrade my phone..

Man, I remember when Apple wouldn't release an update to the broad public until after it had been bug tested to death. Seems when Jobs passed, everything has gone downhill. If it wasn't for the Mac's superior color display/graphics, I'm not sure I'd deal with it.

Side complaint- my problem student I've mentioned here before... I've had to kick her out of class twice this week. Long story short, she comes to class to do other work for other classes, and cries and makes a scene when I ask her where work for my class is. Having a 20 year old woman pitch a tantrum on a table? Man.

The rest of the class is awesome, though. I frequently end up staying late after class to talk with these kids. It's long enough into the semester to really see some amazing improvements too. I'm so proud of them :)

We had to send a company wide memo to NOT install yosemite because it is absolutely screwing up most of the dev programs. It's also affecting photoshop. I have yet to upgrade my phone..

Man, I remember when Apple wouldn't release an update to the broad public until after it had been bug tested to death. Seems when Jobs passed, everything has gone downhill. If it wasn't for the Mac's superior color display/graphics, I'm not sure I'd deal with it.

Side complaint- my problem student I've mentioned here before... I've had to kick her out of class twice this week. Long story short, she comes to class to do other work for other classes, and cries and makes a scene when I ask her where work for my class is. Having a 20 year old woman pitch a tantrum on a table? Man.

The rest of the class is awesome, though. I frequently end up staying late after class to talk with these kids. It's long enough into the semester to really see some amazing improvements too. I'm so proud of them :)

Yikes; sounds like a nightmare. At least from my perspective it's just highly annoying to have the thing working 2x slower than it used to for no good reason... from what I saw it's mainly an issue with the iPad 2 and iPhone 4, and lots of people (myself included) are inclined to think it's Apple's way of encouraging people to upgrade to a newer device. (FWIW my brother updated his iPhone 5 and hasn't had any problems with iOS 8.) I wish I'd looked at the reviews online before installing it because earlier on there were ways to downgrade back to iOS 7, but after the end of Sept. Apple stopped signing off on the firmware downloads so now it's not possible. :( If I had the $ to replace it, I'd be looking at a Nexus 10 and kiss the fruit goodbye.

I broke up with my girlfriend after a long time together. Even though we were only ~50 minutes away from one another, the distance strained everything. I had to do all the trying and I got sick of it. I still love her but she wasn't willing to make an effort to return the feelings.

Blech. :(

That sucks man, sorry to hear.

This might help

http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/19345-good-whiskywhiskey/page__st__720

Edited by WildCard

I broke up with my girlfriend after a long time together. Even though we were only ~50 minutes away from one another, the distance strained everything. I had to do all the trying and I got sick of it. I still love her but she wasn't willing to make an effort to return the feelings.

Sorry to hear it, qwksnd. Sounds like you did the right thing, though... less than an hour apart should not be a dealbreaker for someone who cares.

Same situation. Except we're still together, we live a little over an hour apart and her parents almost killed her when they found out she was dating me (they believe we're not longer together. She's indian, in white.)

Same situation. Except we're still together, we live a little over an hour apart and her parents almost killed her when they found out she was dating me (they believe we're not longer together. She's indian, in white.)

wait. You're not dating penny? Raj is gonna be pissed when he finds out again.

Our local grocery store chain (Giant) has closed the store that was conveniently located less than a mile from my house so they could open a new store about 5 miles from my house. My "old" store was not small or outdated; they did this because they're in a stupid arms race with Wegmans, which moved into this area a few years ago. The new store is freaking enormous. It's still not that far from my house, but it's further when I'm coming home from work, they changed the layout just enough to F with me, and in spite of the increased space, they eliminated one section I always used: the bulk bins. I loved that section for things like dried fruits, nuts, and rolled oats, and now it is gone. I felt like Rainman when I walked through the doors. :(

That is so ######. But to be fair, it probably has more to do with how terrible of a person you are than how white you are.

I'm still sad, but eh whattaya expect? :cry: