Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Converting ~100 pages of data in PDF format into an Excel spreadsheet where all but ~20 pages of the PDFs are scanned pages. There's just no good/easy/fast way to do it. I even tried some OCR software but it had so many mistakes I spent more time proofreading pages than if I had entered the data manually.

My jersey collection consists of a home white Khmylev, Winter Classic Numminen and a white goathead Shields.

I'd like to add a Drury goat and a Biron goat. Perhaps Mair as well.

I'll never buy a slug. I remember a friend buying a Gaustad slug when they came out and feeling somewhat unsettled about the whole thing. Almost six years later hindsight really supports that gut feeling I had.

One of these days a current Sabre will tempt me. Weber seems to fit the mould. Maybe next year.

My Drury's a goat (white) he signed it a day after he (his wife) had their baby. I really need to glass that puppy.

Converting ~100 pages of data in PDF format into an Excel spreadsheet where all but ~20 pages of the PDFs are scanned pages. There's just no good/easy/fast way to do it. I even tried some OCR software but it had so many mistakes I spent more time proofreading pages than if I had entered the data manually.

Adobe Acrobat has worked well for me in that situation in the past.

My jersey collection consists of a home white Khmylev, Winter Classic Numminen and a white goathead Shields.

I'd like to add a Drury goat and a Biron goat. Perhaps Mair as well.

I'll never buy a slug. I remember a friend buying a Gaustad slug when they came out and feeling somewhat unsettled about the whole thing. Almost six years later hindsight really supports that gut feeling I had.

One of these days a current Sabre will tempt me. Weber seems to fit the mould. Maybe next year.

You're not allowed to bitch about British radio and spell "mold" as "mould" in the same thread and on the same day. It's a language/thread foul.

Yea, I tried. The problem is the scans are not high quality, and often times the pages aren't even scanned straight, so the OCR software that Adobe uses gets it all jacked up.

Bummer. I've had better luck with that than Neat or OmniPage. Although IIRC, OmniPage will let you do a slight rotation on the pdf so maybe you could have used something like that to rotate it and then Adobe to scan it.

You're not allowed to bitch about British radio and spell "mold" as "mould" in the same thread and on the same day. It's a language/thread foul.

I was bitching about American radio!

My Drury's a goat (white) he signed it a day after he (his wife) had their baby. I really need to glass that puppy.

:wub:

I was bitching about American radio!

D4rk, what do you think 'BBC' means? EDIT: In the broadcasting sense. That's important.

In any event. We'll let this pass. But it is a mark on your permanent record. And it's not just me; I know for a fact that Drane, former President Clinton, Bill Belichik, and Trey Parker and Matt Stone all are tracking this situation. And Chz has it on red alert.

Edited by Eleven

D4rk, what do you think 'BBC' means? EDIT: In the broadcasting sense. That's important.

In any event. We'll let this pass. But it is a mark on your permanent record. And it's not just me; I know for a fact that Drane, former President Clinton, Bill Belichik, and Trey Parker and Matt Stone all are tracking this situation. And Chz has it on red alert.

That might be the sweetest group of people I've ever been lumped with in my life!

Small complaint. Bands that suck that get gigs in public. There is a band playing tonight at one of the bars in my place of business. Not only are they playing bitchy punk pop from the 2000's (simple plan, fall out boy, all american rejects...holy ###### are they all terrible!!) But the singer can't sing, and I mean CAN'T SING! He couldn't carry a tune in a bucket! The drummer can't drum! When the hi-hat and the crash are the only things I hear, you suck! And I'm fairly certain the guitarist and the bass player are having their first lessons tonight on stage.

So we finally have approval to hire a new network guy and my boss is procrastinating on getting it done. Granted, we've been busy and both been slammed with work, but he keeps saying it's a priority of his to call candidates and get them in. When he does call them, the majority don't have the qualifications. At least he has two interviews lined up, but this is taking forever. In the meantime, the dork that we'll be getting rid of is still here, acting like an immature 6th grader, still making mistakes and doubling my workload, still sitting around and emailing/chatting with the females (most of whom think he's utterly creepy), and just plain old being annoying. :doh:

Edited by Buffalo Wings

All week I've been off by one day. On monday I thought it was tuesday. Tuesday I thought it was wednesday. Today is where it really sucks.

I was making this same complaint to my wife this morning. What happened? was there a leap day i wasn't told about?

So last Friday:

We end up going out (as usual) and instead of our favorite bartender working he is just there... drinking. Well he gets free drinks and proceeds to start handing us shots. Before you worry this is not my complaint, it was awesome! So we get shwasted. Wake up the next morning and I discover that I have received a private FB message at 3am that same day. Now some of you will recall I have gone on a few dates recently and have posted some pictures of me with said lady on my FB. So this 3am message I see when I wake up from my alcohol induced coma at around 10am. The sender is a girl I have not spoken to since 2011. You may recall we had a really terrible breakup. Now the only logical conclusion I can come to is that she facebook stalked me, saw said lady, and then got hammered resulting in her thinking it would be a wonderful idea to send me a drunken message. I am not responding and she needs to knock it the f##k off.

I have since double checked my privacy setting and discovered that friends of friends could see my timeline (we have 2 mutual friends still). I have corrected this error.

The leadership-less AIR FORCE... who doesn't seem to understand that they are in the Department of DEFENSE. Why don't they just merge them back with the Army and toughen them up??? I mean really... cherry on top was that Air Force General who overturned a jury conviction on his OWN of a buddy of his who sexually assaulted a woman.

All week I've been off by one day. On monday I thought it was tuesday. Tuesday I thought it was wednesday. Today is where it really sucks.

I was making this same complaint to my wife this morning. What happened? was there a leap day i wasn't told about?

Well, I've been off one in the other direction to help balance you guys out. Feels like Wednesday to me.

cystoscope procedure. if you are faint of heart (and male), don't google. you'll be sad. very, very sad.

Good luck, I hope all turns out well. I can say that I have felt your pain as I've had a catheter jammed in there on more than one occasion. Unfortunately, I cannot lie and have to say to those who haven't had to endure it, that yes it's as bad as you might imagine.

Good luck, I hope all turns out well. I can say that I have felt your pain as I've had a catheter jammed in there on more than one occasion. Unfortunately, I cannot lie and have to say to those who haven't had to endure it, that yes it's as bad as you might imagine.

I've been there/done that as well. Rotorooter is certainly a memorable experience.

I've been there/done that as well. Rotorooter is certainly a memorable experience.

I haven't. I did, however, recently have that first "post-40" physical. For so many reasons, I'm thinking of switching to a female doc.

I have since double checked my privacy setting and discovered that friends of friends could see my timeline (we have 2 mutual friends still). I have corrected this error.

I should probably check my privacy settings more often, but I hear these frequent complaints (on FB) about how the privacy settings were changed, so you better check them. Every time I do, they're the same as they were 6 months ago.

Nevertheless, it's like your passwords...they really should be changed frequently (like every month), but nobody ever changes them that often.

sadly, this isn't even the first time. it'll go well ... just sucks that our company's short-term disability policy has changed this year. instead of being immediately available, STD only kicks in after 7 calendar days of absence. in essence, i have to use sick, floating holiday or personal leave for the first week, THEN STD kicks in. this procedure shouldn't keep me out of work a full week.

somehow, talking about short-term disability and a cystoscopy sound oddly apropos.

thanks for all the well-wishes. i'll be fine ... just sucks that i get a second go-round.