Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

I'm not completely sure, but you might be right about a wired modem vs. wireless internet. (I'm sure it's slower than FiOS, but not sure about cable.) CLEAR has two plans in my area for home internet:

1) up to 1.5 MBPS for $34.99/mo

2) up to 3-6 MBPS for $49.99/mo

The former is slow by many of your standards, but for general web browsing, email, etc, it's more than sufficient. (I should add that I "upgraded" from a 768 KBPS DSL plan that Verizon was offering, so this is already 2x faster for me.) I've also been pleasantly surprised that I can stream plenty of tv shows, news programs, etc at this speed without any delay or buffering. For sports, however, I suspect the faster plan will be required to avoid hiccups.

Geez. Do you wash your socks by the river?

What sort of 3rd world country do you live in?

You have rekindled hope that I will one day be able to get Fios (of course I'll probably have moved by then, but whatever). Hope you end up getting it!

I think Verizon has stopped rolling it out. I imagine you can only get now in neighborhoods already set up.

I'm just cheap, is all. ;)

Low maintenance? maybe...

Cheap? never!

Youth hockey parent drama and bullspit. The other hockey parents (or youth sports parents) will know what I am talking about.

Coworker bullspit. A coworker of mine comes up to me and says that the maintenance staff is at our location and they are using a lift to look at/repair some lighting issues in an elevated area of our facility, so since they have the lift here, should he ask them to look at a couple busted light covers in another elevated place? I said sure, go ask them to take a peak while they have the equipment here. The maintenance guy basically told him that a) he didn't know that they were broken but they didn't need the lift, just a ladder and b) since they weren't in our tracking system (they were - more on that in a minute) basically he couldn't look at them. So my coworker comes back and tells me this, so I dig through the tracking system and find two ticket requests - over 10 months old - for the busted light covers. Both closed out without being repaired. So I send them to my facility director and ask him if he can look into it and see why they were closed. He forwards the email to the maintenance director, who tries to throw me under the bus to his boss, because apparently I didn't even talk to him that day and claims no one actually asked him about fixing the problems.

Next day they come out and use duct tape to "fix" the broken covers. I kid you not.

Lazy, useless idiots.

Edited by Bmwolf21

The light was out at the main intersection by my office this morning. Cops were directing traffic (it really sucks to be them stuck out in this weather). They do what they can, but since its one of those intersections where 3 different roads come together, things were backed up quite a bit. The worst part though was that two blocks after the intersection, I have to turn left. Cars were backed up beyond that turn and for whatever reason, a bus figured it was a good idea to stop right in the middle of the intersection where I turn, blocking it for at least 5 minutes. The bus drivers out here are the biggest morons in the world. The laws don't seem to apply to them, so they run lights, block intersections, and ignore all other cars on the road.

Bugger freezing cold.

I don't care where you're from or who you are, Human Beings were not meant to be breathing -5 degree air. (That's -20 for you liters per microgram folks)

Thanks for the conversion.

=====

My complaint ...

I / we love oranges and all citrus fruit. Especially when it is *bugger freezing cold*, as it is here in Halifax too.

Anyway picked some up the other day. Advertised on the package as seedless and easy to peel.

Craved one and ... took forever to peel. Once the frustration abated and bit into that sweetness ... chipped a tooth on a seed.

Complaint = *easy to peel and seedless oranges* that are, in fact, neither.

first time since I have been single I go on a date... girls really cool, we like a lot of the same stuff, shes got a great sense of humor, shes clever, and she is attractive...

so whats my complaint?

I find out in the middle she doesn't consider it a date and she really likes being single because of the freedom and isn't looking...

...I realized at this moment I had boarded the bus to friend town where basically they treat your balls like a gun in an old wild west town, you gotta check them at the city limits.

Driving 5 mph in a near blizzard this morning only to have my low tire pressure warning go off.

no near blizzard out here, but sweet merciful crap ... freezing rain. and it's bad. took me 2 hours to make my normal half-hour commute. lots of 5mph, lots of sitting... and a ridiculous amount of ice.

Driving 5 mph in a near blizzard this morning only to have my low tire pressure warning go off.

Could just be the cold. As temperatures go down the air pressure does too. I figured it out once, I think it's something like 3 psi per 10 degrees F (but don't quote me on that).

Bugger freezing cold.

I don't care where you're from or who you are, Human Beings were not meant to be breathing -5 degree air. (That's -20 for you liters per microgram folks)

Took me an hour and 15 minutes to get into work. My commute is normally less than 15 mins. Geez - what are we living in the south, its just a little snow

I'll echo LPF... it's effin freezing, and has been since Monday. Finally cold enough to want to go snowboarding, but so cold I don't want to be outside! :(

no near blizzard out here, but sweet merciful crap ... freezing rain. and it's bad. took me 2 hours to make my normal half-hour commute. lots of 5mph, lots of sitting... and a ridiculous amount of ice.

Would you guys and gals please stop? Geez, don't you know that we are expecting a "wintry mix" here in NC tomorrow? Brine the roads, raid the grocery stores, delay the schools, freak out and PANIC!!!

Anyone else have coworkers that think they are underpaid, and everyone else in the department is vastly overpaid? Some people just don't realize how good they have it. :angry:

I'm sure I have complained about this before, but said coworker raised this issue once again today. Why always on Thursday? :lol:

Went to an "Re-employment services" meeting today in order to keep collecting unemployment. Guy tried helping me apply to jobs, except all the jobs he brought up on the screen, I already applied to. Biggest waste and most disparaging 45 minutes ever. :(

At least I got out of the house for a while. Went to Barnes and Noble afterwards just to stay out longer.

Anyone else have coworkers that think they are underpaid, and everyone else in the department is vastly overpaid? Some people just don't realize how good they have it. :angry:

I'm sure I have complained about this before, but said coworker raised this issue once again today. Why always on Thursday? :lol:

I feel ya Blue. My employees (yes believe it or not people work for me) get paid 16-18 bucks an hour. No education required, minimum experience required. None of them would stand a chance making that doing anything else. With overtime ad bonuses they all pull 40k a year. That's a good living for uneducated labor. They still bitch.

Freaking bipolar winter goes from temps in the teens for a solid week to high 50s with thunderstorms last night. Ruined all the awesome snow and makes me not want to go boarding. :(

Working way too many hours has left me behind on all the threads here, and the Sabres aren't very much fun to watch right now.

Freaking bipolar winter goes from temps in the teens for a solid week to high 50s with thunderstorms last night. Ruined all the awesome snow and makes me not want to go boarding. :(

Working way too many hours has left me behind on all the threads here, and the Sabres aren't very much fun to watch right now.

Freakin' right.

I came home Tuesday night to hear a drip, drip, drip coming from the basement. I go downstairs to find water dripping out of the electric box thingy (found out later it's a circuit breaker box, learn something every day).

Go out to the car this morning and find my freakin' door is frozen shut. WTF week.

Freakin' right.

I came home Tuesday night to hear a drip, drip, drip coming from the basement. I go downstairs to find water dripping out of the electric box thingy (found out later it's a circuit breaker box, learn something every day).

Go out to the car this morning and find my freakin' door is frozen shut. WTF week.

Yikes... water dripping from the breaker box sounds like bad news. Hopefully you're still renting and it's the landlord's problem.