Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

I just had an unplanned 2 hour phone call for a project that was all based upon one major assumption:

"If they allow us to break from the standard procedure, this is what we will do"

Don't you think we should check and see if they'll let us break protocol like that first before going off on a long-winded planning session?

Which reminds me, even though I requested to be local all next week, the boss just put me on a job in Michigan all next week that I just 'had' to be on. It's frustrating being at the mercy of the man upstairs...

Which reminds me, even though I requested to be local all next week, the boss just put me on a job in Michigan all next week that I just 'had' to be on. It's frustrating being at the mercy of the man upstairs...

How about being at the mercy of the man with nothing upstairs? :wallbash:

Replaced the cap and rotor on my truck in November '09. The OEM one had lasted a decade. My truck has been acting up a lot lately, throwing misfires and generally taking a long time to stop running poorly, so I pulled the cap off today to check it figuring "There's no way this could have gone bad already!"

It was a mess. Contacts on the cap were all corroded and the rotor looked rough. I don't remember what the brand name was on it, but when I pull them off tomorrow I'll know who I'm not buying from again. :wallbash: I think they were from Autozone so probably Duralast, which is disappointing because those tend to be well received.

Cleaned up the contacts and put it back on and my truck instantly ran better.

So I drove to Advance and ordered a new AC Delco cap and rotor.

:censored: automobiles.

Why wasn't last nights game on MSG in Albany NY?

Why is this post so tiny and hard to read? :P

Replaced the cap and rotor on my truck in November '09. The OEM one had lasted a decade. My truck has been acting up a lot lately, throwing misfires and generally taking a long time to stop running poorly, so I pulled the cap off today to check it figuring "There's no way this could have gone bad already!"

It was a mess. Contacts on the cap were all corroded and the rotor looked rough. I don't remember what the brand name was on it, but when I pull them off tomorrow I'll know who I'm not buying from again. :wallbash: I think they were from Autozone so probably Duralast, which is disappointing because those tend to be well received.

Cleaned up the contacts and put it back on and my truck instantly ran better.

So I drove to Advance and ordered a new AC Delco cap and rotor.

:censored: automobiles.

Ah yes, that reminds me of my own auto-related complaint (can't recall whether I already shared this one): on Saturday, I take my car in for three things:

1) 150,000 mile maintenance

2) state inspection

3) replacement of the main catalytic converter and one or both sensors, depending on the code

Easily going to be over $1000 for #3 alone, and really hoping they don't find anything else needed to inspection. Thank God for tax refunds, although I'd much rather be using mine for other things. :(

Why is this post so tiny and hard to read? :P

Darned if I know. That's the font size that came up (something else to complain about). I still hope someone can tell me why wasn't last nights game on MSG in Albany NY? Damn frustrating when the guide say "Sabres at Ducks and what you get is Dan Patrick looking at SI swimsuit models. I can see them on computer or in print just fine without his help.

3pm meeting had me pissed off. I lead a team of engineers. Nearly all of them early to mid 20's guys. The only one not fitting that description has a 2 month old baby at home. During the meeting I was asked to have one of my staff work a split shift (think 10-8ish) to help support getting a test up and running. This is a test that has been postponed twice (due to priority, not complications), and the equipment it is to go on has been empty for over two weeks. The test will last about 4000 hours. The test article won't be in our hands until about 2:30pm tomorrow and requires about 4 hrs of instrumentation, calibration and S/W setup time. So, late on Thursday I'm supposed to find a volunteer among a bunch of young guys and one with a new baby at home to come in late and stay late on a Friday evening. Yeah, that'll happen.

F' it. I'm watching the game tonite and sleeping in. Eat dinner in the lab. I hate asking someone to do something that I am not willing to do myself so I am going to stay and get that test running for the weekend. And if the manager that asked approaches me tomorrow I am sure I will be in a rare enough mood to give him an earful about worrying about losing a weekend on a test that was postponed twice and will take over 7 months to complete. So much for our Friday dinner out plans.

/a rare rant by me

Found some hail damage on my vehicle from last night's storm. Not enough to warrant replacement or even a report to the insurance, but noticeable enough that it looks bad.

Restating my bitch:

Everyone complaining about late-night games. You have no idea what it is to finally, finally! drift off at 1230 am only to wake up at 330am. By 4am, you're pissed. By 430am, you're on SabreSpace looking for some post that's interesting. By 5, you're on BBC's website, looking for the news there. At 530, you're trying to find South Park reruns so that you can try for some more sleep, and by 545, you find them. Then, at 630, the winds start. Or your cellphone vibrates. Or that stupid South Park rerun goes up by a decibel. So you're awake again. But this time, you're really screwed; you have to get up in an hour. You shut off the South Park, you look at the phone and remind yourself that you'll deal with it later. You cover your head with a pillow to drown out the sound of the wind.

And still, you know that 730 is comin' for you.

And you don't sleep.

######.

Restating my bitch:

Everyone complaining about late-night games. You have no idea what it is to finally, finally! drift off at 1230 am only to wake up at 330am. By 4am, you're pissed. By 430am, you're on SabreSpace looking for some post that's interesting. By 5, you're on BBC's website, looking for the news there. At 530, you're trying to find South Park reruns so that you can try for some more sleep, and by 545, you find them. Then, at 630, the winds start. Or your cellphone vibrates. Or that stupid South Park rerun goes up by a decibel. So you're awake again. But this time, you're really screwed; you have to get up in an hour. You shut off the South Park, you look at the phone and remind yourself that you'll deal with it later. You cover your head with a pillow to drown out the sound of the wind.

And still, you know that 730 is comin' for you.

And you don't sleep.

######.

You gotta stop drinking coffee after 1PM.